Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Change Of Vehicle Detail On A Number Plate - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Change Of Vehicle Detail On A Number Plate (1545 Views)

Man Constructs And Drives A Weird Type Of Vehicle (pics/video) / Innoson Vehicles Releases New Models Of Vehicle / The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Of Vehicle Detail On A Number Plate by shevon: 6:48pm On Oct 20, 2018
Good evening house.
When I bought my current car, I had someone help with change of ownership and all the usual documentation. He also helped with renewal for 2 years but when I decided to renew myself, I learnt the documents he's been helping me with were fake because it is not possible to change the name registered to the number plate. So, I had to do a new registration and I was issued a new number plate.
Now, I am about to change the vehicle and I think what held true for the plate that came with my car would apply to whoever I sell my current car to. So, my question is how do I go about changing the detail of my current car registered to my number plate to the new one I'm buying.
Re: Change Of Vehicle Detail On A Number Plate by HenryWilliams(m): 6:53pm On Oct 20, 2018
shevon:
Good evening house.
When I bought my current car, I had someone help with change of ownership and all the usual documentation. He also helped with renewal for 2 years but when I decided to renew myself, I learnt the documents he's been helping me with were fake because it is not possible to change the name registered to the number plate. So, I had to do a new registration and I was issued a new number plate.
Now, I am about to change the vehicle and I think what held true for the plate that came with my car would apply to whoever I sell my current car to. So, my question is how do I go about changing the detail of my current car registered to my number plate to the new one I'm buying.

For peace of mind. Get new plates. The cost is almost the same as re-registering. So what's the point?
Re: Change Of Vehicle Detail On A Number Plate by CityNGR: 6:58pm On Oct 20, 2018
HenryWilliams:

For peace of mind. Get new plates. The cost is almost the same as re-registering. So what's the point?
Is it possible?
Re: Change Of Vehicle Detail On A Number Plate by shevon: 7:02pm On Oct 20, 2018
HenryWilliams:

What then is the point: I can't use my old number plate and the person that would buy my old car off me cannot use it either.
I'd rather I retain the old number plate, no matter what it costs, instead of just wasting it.
Re: Change Of Vehicle Detail On A Number Plate by shevon: 7:17am On Oct 21, 2018
I just knew this would never make it to any place where I can get any form of info or people can learn something on this forum. If it was a post about snake or any of these celebrities, it would have been posted on the FP.
Na wah o.
Re: Change Of Vehicle Detail On A Number Plate by urose93(f): 6:09pm On Oct 21, 2018
Exactly my predicament. I simply decided not to go for a change of ownership because that would warrants doing a fresh registration. I sold my car with a new number plate just to rush and pick another car. I didn't understand that I should have removed my plate number before selling. A lot of things in my mine now, could I be traced and arrested if the person I sold the car to is involved in crime? If I had removed the number plate, could I have still use them in my new vehicle. For now, since my uncle was the former owner of the vehicle I currently bought, I decided to continue renewing the particulars in his name. I don't how safe is it
Re: Change Of Vehicle Detail On A Number Plate by shevon: 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2018
urose93:
Exactly my predicament. I simply decided not to go for a change of ownership because that would warrants doing a fresh registration. I sold my car with a new number plate just to rush and pick another car. I didn't understand that I should have removed my plate number before selling. A lot of things in my mine now, could I be traced and arrested if the person I sold the car to is involved in crime? If I had removed the number plate, could I have still use them in my new vehicle. For now, since my uncle was the former owner of the vehicle I currently bought, I decided to continue renewing the particulars in his name. I don't how safe is it
This is my greatest fear, that the person I sold it to might use it for heaven knows what and I will be the one they will run after, which is why I said I don't mind the cost.
And for the other vehicle owned by your Uncle, I don't see any reason you can't continue to use it in his name since he's family.
Re: Change Of Vehicle Detail On A Number Plate by CityNGR: 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2018
shevon:

This is my greatest fear, that the person I sold it to might use it for heaven knows what and I will be the one they will run after, which is why I said I don't mind the cost.
And for the other vehicle owned by your Uncle, I don't see any reason you can't continue to use it in his name since he's family.
Ask the buyer for your plates. Demand for them and ensure you get them. Or report them stolen if he refuses to return them. Then pay for reissuance. And inform him that the plates are now invalid.

(1) (Reply)

This ₦203m Diamond-encrusted Car Key Is More Expensive Than Rolls-Royce Phantom / Very Clean Registered Benz C300 2011 (upgraded to 2012 ) / 4.2M negotiable! SOLD / Warning From FRSC Please Read Carefully, It May Save Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.