Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

List Of Top 10 Most Visited Cities In The World - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / List Of Top 10 Most Visited Cities In The World (775 Views)

List Of Africa's Most Visited Countries In 2023 / Lagos Tops Mastercard's List Of Most Visited Cities In Sub-saharan Africa / 100 Most Visited Cities In The World In 2017. See Where Nigeria Was Ranked. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Top 10 Most Visited Cities In The World by Yhukri: 1:12am On Oct 21, 2018
Yearly, Mastercard puts together its Global Destination Cities Index, which ranks more than 160 cities based on how popular they are with tourists. The survey not only culls visitor numbers and travel spending data—think airline ticket purchases, souvenir buying—but also predicts where people will be visiting within the next year. The company just released its most recent index, with the places on track to be 2018's most visited cities. Check out how this year's list stacks up.

#1 Bangkok, Thailand

Number of overnight visitors: 20.05 million

For the third year running, Bangkok is the most popular city for international travelers, thanks in large part to its appealing mix of historical sites and modern hot spots: the gilded Grand Palace complex, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, the canals and alleys filled with street food vendors—and that's just the start.

#2 London, U.K.

Number of overnight visitors: 19.83 million

There's so much to do in London, it bears repeat visits. An efficient transportation system means you won't have to blow your budget on transportation here, which frees you up to spend your dollars at the city's new prosecco-only bar and latest Jacques Garcia-designed hotel—and maybe pick up a bespoke suit while you're at it.

#3 Paris, France

Number of overnight visitors: 17.44 million

It's nearly impossible to resist the charms of France's capital—and more than 17 million travelers obviously agree. The city is known for its chic hotels and inimitable restaurants, which might explain why it's second only to Dubai in terms of dollars spent per day ($301). Totally worth it.

#4 Dubai, U.A.E.

Number of overnight visitors: 15.79 million

It seems like Dubai will never stop trying to outdo itself. Within the past year, the city successfully tested a flying drone taxi and broke its own record for the world's tallest hotel. But all that pomp seems to be paying off—quite literally. Tourists spent an incredible $537 per day there in 2017.

https://www.infomaza.com/list-of-top-10-most-visited-cities-in-the-world

Re: List Of Top 10 Most Visited Cities In The World by Dottore: 1:33am On Oct 21, 2018
If China doesn't come up amongst the top 3 then the list is fake.

1 Like

Re: List Of Top 10 Most Visited Cities In The World by SignatureNG(f): 3:12am On Oct 21, 2018
been to all the countries here
Re: List Of Top 10 Most Visited Cities In The World by Segunagagu(m): 11:25am On Oct 21, 2018
Where is Ireland??
Re: List Of Top 10 Most Visited Cities In The World by Cormung: 5:01pm On Oct 24, 2018
It's strange that no Japan city is mentioned here. When I was visiting this country I saw countless crowds of tourists. Especially in Tokyo. Maybe it was a tourist season or I exaggerate just a bit because of emotions. Actually, Japan is a great place to visit because it has unbelievable touristic potential. People here are really different and it's awesome to immerse into another culture. I decided where to stay in Kyoto for like a week or so trip and unfortunately, it wasn't enough for me. I want more smiley

(1) (Reply)

Top 3 Hotels In Lagos Relative To Price / TURKISH AIRLINES FLIES INTO ABUJA WITH BIGGER AIRCRAFT / A Day In A Paradise Beach Of Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.