Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,669 members, 7,837,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

The Hunt - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hunt (605 Views)

NIGERIAN Ethan Hunt... By Danny Walker / The Chase: A Military Crime Thriller (A Hunt Series Book 2) Excerpt / A Hunt - A Military Thriller by Abraham Adekunle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hunt by seantunes(m): 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2018
The Hunt is a series of writings by Tobe Paul found years after his death by kkumy. A man believed to have been somewhat close to Tobe Paul. The writings are believed to be his Autobiography.

The writings talks about his encounter with a lady spirit whose witty tongue and actions teaches him the one greatest thing a man can ever wish for......

The writings were re-written by kkumy into a story. And it is believed whoever reads the story and finds the hidden things Tobe Paul learnt from the lady spirit, the person would become a celebrity with wealth more than he can handle....
Re: The Hunt by seantunes(m): 7:17pm On Oct 21, 2018
© copyright

The rights of this work of art is solely reserved to the author. No part of this work can be shared or stored for public viewing without the permission of the author.
Re: The Hunt by seantunes(m): 7:32pm On Oct 21, 2018
cc:
boffinjay
yewande1234
olaayinkha
Therock5555
Larrysun
Divepen1
Audrey timms
Flow1759
Mynd44
Kayemjay
Frank316
Repogirl
ishilove
Humbledbygrace Royver
kingspen
cuddlemii
Firestar
Princesa UjSizzles
Maclatunji
foxybone
Redmosquito whitemosquito
Obinnau
senbonzakurakageyoshi
Naptu2
frank317 VanTee20
Chumzypinky
PamelB
KimberlyWest
Flakkydagirl
MaziOmenuko
TiffanyJ
rachealfst
SheWrites
D9ty7
fiyah
flow1759
Oyinprince
marianneada
EvaJael
bibijay123
davidflo
chistar01
victvames
BiafraBushBoy
Lleigh
solomonbrown64
KingzPen
Bibi294
skarlett
PrettySpicey
glowingscenes
safarigirl
stefikal
Creeza
TemitopeDaniel
pabon
ClassCaptain
Godmother
Fantasyisland
Queenxstar
ghostwritter
Apollux
Clemzy16
SurestG
ESIXLOVE
rapmike
kizzykeziah
AustinBlinks
Eze2000

All of you are legends and other Nl writers I didn't mention were once writers I did follow chapter to chapter as your stories either made me cry, laugh or reminisce about my very own life experiences. You inspired me to keep writing on when my mind was blank of creativity. Now I have rose and brought about a making of my own. My very own work of literature. Fully support your homeboy. Much love from me to you smileycc:
boffinjay
yewande1234
olaayinkha
Therock5555
Larrysun
Divepen1
Audrey timms
Flow1759
Mynd44
Kayemjay
Frank316
Repogirl
ishilove
Humbledbygrace Royver
kingspen
cuddlemii
Firestar
Princesa UjSizzles
Maclatunji
foxybone
Redmosquito whitemosquito
Obinnau
senbonzakurakageyoshi
Naptu2
frank317 VanTee20
Chumzypinky
PamelB
KimberlyWest
Flakkydagirl
MaziOmenuko
TiffanyJ
rachealfst
SheWrites
D9ty7
fiyah
flow1759
Oyinprince
marianneada
EvaJael
bibijay123
davidflo
chistar01
victvames
BiafraBushBoy
Lleigh
solomonbrown64
KingzPen
Bibi294
skarlett
PrettySpicey
glowingscenes
safarigirl
stefikal
Creeza
TemitopeDaniel
pabon
ClassCaptain
Godmother
Fantasyisland
Queenxstar
ghostwritter
Apollux
Clemzy16
SurestG
ESIXLOVE
rapmike
kizzykeziah
AustinBlinks
Eze2000

All of you are legends and other Nl writers I didn't mention were once writers I did follow chapter to chapter as your stories either made me cry, laugh or reminisce about my very own life experiences. You inspired me to keep writing on when my mind was blank of creativity. Now I have rose and brought about a making of my own. My very own work of literature. Fully support your homeboy. Much love from me to you
Re: The Hunt by seantunes(m): 7:34pm On Oct 21, 2018
Read this for better understanding

The Hunt �� is a series of writings by Tobe Paul found years after his death by kkumy. A man believed to have been somewhat close to Tobe Paul. The writings are believed to be his Autobiography.

The writings talks about his encounter with a lady spirit whose witty tongue and actions teaches him the one greatest thing a man can ever wish for......

The writings were re-written by kkumy into a story. And it is believed whoever reads the story and finds the hidden things Tobe Paul learnt from the lady spirit, the person would become a celebrity with wealth more than he can handle....

Re: The Hunt by seantunes(m): 7:35pm On Oct 21, 2018
The story will be written in episodes.

EPISODE 1
A man, simply called Kanalow, fell in love with a lady he met by the riverside one cold night when he went fishing. He came everyday after that cold night but he never saw her again. Believing she was probably a mermaid, he jumped into the river and never was he seen again.

A decade later, a researcher, Tobe Paul heard of this tale which was a folklore to the villagers of Akanje. He journeyed there and visited the man's house which was now tagged as accursed.

The house and its contents looked untouched for as long as one could think. Dust had gathered over everything. The walls were all laced with framed photograph of him. He looked lanky but handsome. Tobe found his study room. The rom was encircled with shelves stacked to the brink with books on almost all subjects. On his study table Tobe found a letter which read;

"My life story is like a treasure hunt in the deep forest. One day, many will journey into it but few will reach the end"

Beside the note was a painting of a woman in shiny silver gown. She looked like a princess to Tobe. Beside the painting was a map of the whole town of Akanje.

The one place that caught his sight on the map was the river. The infamous river told in the folklore to be an abyss of death. Using the map, Tobe Paul journeyed deep into the forest to where the river was. A lady in a shiny silver gown was by the riverside singing while her hands were in the water, wading gently through it. He moved closer and caught a sight of her. It was the same lady whose painting he had seen back in the study room.
Fear gripped Tobe but he couldn't pull back now. Her shiny silver gown shone even brighter. Her hair was coal black and braided in cornrows. She gestured him to sit by her side. He did. Her eyes were overlooking the river.

The lady: what do you come looking for?

Tobe: Kanalow

She looked at him now. He caught sight of her face and couldn't but admire it. The edges of her face were well refined. She was a better masterpiece now than in the painting.

The lady: I will give you all the answer you need but you will first have to answer my puzzle

Tobe: what is it?

The lady: if you fail it, bad things will be the order of your day.

Tobe: I am ready....

The lady: what makes a man jump into a river for a woman

To be continued.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt by seantunes(m): 7:36pm On Oct 21, 2018
THE HUNT

EPISODE 2
Two answers jumped into Tobe's head, love and yearn. He knew the riddle had something to do with Kanalow cos his final action on earth was jumping into a river because of a lady he fell in love with.

Tobe: love!

The lady: be my guest tomorrow for a date at this same hour of the night.

She stood up and walked deeper into the forest leaving a dazed Tobe.

The next day at the same hour of the night, Tobe left for the river again. But this time around, the riverside wasn't lit alone by the moon but also candles. There was a table and two chairs and the candles encircled it. The lady sat on one of the chairs and gestured at Tobe to join her. He did. On the table were two plates with smoked fishes and a bottle of wine which had no label.

She smiled when he sat. He was dressed in a dinner suit. She passed her finger around it, perusing the fabric.

The lady: do you believe in love?

Tobe: no

She grins wide.

The lady: tell me why

Tobe: love is the mother of greed, jealousy, envy, hate and every other negative feeling there is. Love turns a man into a child. It makes a man forget his goals and dreams. Though he is happy for sometime when he is in love. But in the end he gets heartbroken. And no matter how mended a broken heart is, it can never be fully mended.

The lady: your hate for love is strong. And I admire that. But the only reason a man would hate love is because he had abusive years while growing up, right?

Tobe: I can't say same for me.... and I really think we should talk about Kanalow for now. I am not the subject we agreed to talk upon.

She nods.

The lady: Kanalow was in love. He was madly in love. But the lady wasn't in love. The mistake every man makes when they are in love is they fail to also make the lady fall in love. He yearned for her but she didn't yearn for him.

Tobe: were you not the lady Kanalow saw that same night?

The lady: maybe or maybe not. You will soon see.

The lady stands and stretches her hand forth towards Tobe.

The lady: hold me

He does and they both walk deeper into the forest. He noticed she was barefoot and even with the sharp edged twigs, her feet never bruised.

The lady: I want to make you fall in love

Tobe: that would be futile from the start

The lady: a lady's heart can be won by sweet words and affection. A man's heart can be won by what he sees and some affection too.

Tobe: I am not like every other man

She doesn't reply. Instead she releases his hold on her hand. Then she cups his face and rests it on her chest. She strokes his hair gently. Her hands goes to the button of his shirt, undoing every single one. Tobe releases himself from her embrace.

Tobe: this is not what I came for

The lady: after I have undone your last button then you care to ask. Is this a way to show you can resist the urge that makes you want to grab me and lay me on the floor without my clothes on.

Tobe: such thought never crossed my mind

The lady: well.... it will now

She moves closer to him, their lips just few inches away.

The lady: you're such a fine man

Tobe stays silent, he just stares.

Their lips touch. Each savoring the sweetness of it before she withdrew.

The lady: UnCloth me

Reluctantly, his hands gently touches her shoulder then her back and he draws the zip downwards slowly, exposing her back. The gown drops and it reveals her whole nudity. She was clean shaven everywhere. She begins to laugh hysterically. The moon disappeared. Her iris dilate making the pupils vanish. The wind becomes rough and it twirls around her. This sight makes Tobe shiver. And he grabs a branch for support.

The lady: I was beginning to love you but you seem to be like every other man.

Tobe: how?

The lady: a woman always wants something she can't have. In the beginning, you didn't want me or even care about me or love me. This made you different from every other man I met. But giving you my body now makes you want me. And now that you want me, I don't want you again.

Tobe: what game is this?

The lady: it isn't a game. This is reality.

Tobe:

Tobe: you know, I really never wanted any of this. All I wanted was to know about Kanalow. God did say every woman was treacherous and I thought you will be different but alas I was wrong.

The lady: watch your tongue

Tobe: or else!

The lady: in tensed situations like this, only the calm survives. And you are not one of them. Also remember I own this forest and can do and undo. So good luck finding your way out of the forest.

The lady vanishes into thin air.

The path which he came through began to close up as trees began to grow over it. Another pathway opened. But this didn't lead him back to the village. It led him deeper into the forest.

TO BE CONTINUED....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 21, 2018
Following dear.

I already love the story and you haven't even gone halfway.

1 Like

Re: The Hunt by seantunes(m): 8:49pm On Oct 21, 2018
KimberlyWest:
Following dear.

I already love the story and you haven't even gone halfway.

It's an honour to to have a legendary nairaland writer on my post. You made my day as the first to comment
Re: The Hunt by seantunes(m): 9:06pm On Oct 21, 2018
EPISODE 3

Tobe followed the pathway. Deep down within him, he had a feeling of whatever awaits him at the end of the pathway wasn't something pleasant. But he had no other way to go. He journeyed deeper down the pathway until he arrived at a village. The houses were built with mud and thatch. Every house had a palm tree grown beside it. Dogs, goats, hens and ducks were scattered about. The men and women all had a long cloth wound around their body. Some had necklaces and adorned their heads with beads. The children were mostly naked and ran around or played with sand. Tobe was the only one out of place, dressed in a black suit which had smears of dust and torn in several places due to the thorns and branches he had wade past. This dressing of his brought wild stares onto him. And not long, two hefty men with a spear each, grabbed him. He tried to resist their hold but his frail limbs failed him. The two men led him away down the dirt road until they came across a very large mud house. It was the largest he had seen so far in the village. Guards were stationed at every corner. Their faces plastered with a frown. The two guards led him inside various rooms until they got to a large room where a man with a beaded cap sat on a large chair covered with patterned clothes. Beside him was a woman in a beaded cap, though slightly smaller than the man's own. Her chair was smaller too. He processed it in his head that they both were the kind and queen.

There were elderly men and women who sat on the floor across them on both sides. They had no beaded cap but their bodies were adorned with beads. They were all probably the Chiefs.

The two men bowed when they entered and forced him to his knee.

The king: who are you and what brings you here?

The king said to him with a tone of authority, though still laced with curiosity.

Tobe: I am a researcher. I came to Akanje village upon reading a folklore about Kanalow.

The king: we know about the folklore, so what else?

Tobe: I journeyed down the river and came across the same lady I think Kanalow had come across. She is a lady of wits and tricked me with words until she blocked the path I came from and opened a new path which led me here.

The king: the lady you met by the riverside is called Ikulopade. Whoever meets her never lives. She loves riddles and that is the only way to her heart.

Tobe: I answered her riddle. And she opened her heart to me. But I failed her test.

The king: she is said to be very beautiful. Did you fall in love with her?

Tobe: no

The king: how is that possible? No man can ignore her beauty and her affection?

Tobe: I do not believe in love. Love is the sole greatest destruction of man. It was love that destroyed Kanalow himself

The king: you're a very much different man than I have seen. Your philosophies counters the ones upheld here. I will give you a room in my house and in return I want every detail you have of Ikulopade.

Tobe: I accept your offer.

Mukky bows now. The two hefty men led him away. They were gentle with him now. He was put into a room decorated with pots of flowers. In the center of the room was a table covered with cloth. Around it were chairs also covered with cloth. In a far corner of the room was a bed, neatly laid. He was about to slump on it when he heard a knock on his door. He opened it. It was the lady he met by the riverside. The lady the king called Ikulopade.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

1 Like

Re: The Hunt by damselposh(f): 9:18pm On Oct 21, 2018
Oga, you no mention me ooo, but am following
Re: The Hunt by seantunes(m): 11:18pm On Oct 21, 2018
damselposh:
Oga, you no mention me ooo, but am following

no vex jaare.... no need to buy popcorn the next time you are coming. Bills gonna be on me.
Re: The Hunt by germaphobe(m): 8:10am On Oct 22, 2018
o boy, make i grab my sit
Re: The Hunt by seantunes(m): 9:23am On Oct 22, 2018
germaphobe:
o boy, make i grab my sit
Seats don dey run out but I fit help u use connection reserve one

1 Like

Re: The Hunt by damselposh(f): 12:26pm On Oct 22, 2018
seantunes:

no vex jaare.... no need to buy popcorn the next time you are coming. Bills gonna be on me.

oya na update sharpally
Re: The Hunt by seantunes(m): 6:52pm On Oct 22, 2018
EPISODE 4

The king was alone with the queen in their personal chamber, though it had a more masculine look and would pass for a male chamber. Animal skins and horns adorned the walls. Sculptures of deities all holding a calabash on their head. Paintings of the king and queen also hung on the wall. A bed with a bambo stand was at the corner of the room and on it sat the queen. Opposite her sat the kind on a cane chair, stroking his stubble.

The king: what do you think of that fine gentleman?

The queen: he is a fine gentleman

The king: we are no longer in public or with my chiefs. You no longer need to support my thoughts. You can voice out yours now

The queen pauses for a while.

The queen: he is a learned man and with a philosophy very different from the ones of this village. But do remember the tales our fathers told us of how the learned men and women came and poisoned our culture and the people's mind. Then they robbed us of our resources.

The king: but they came in groups. Besides, this is a black man and not a white.

The queen: the white men were able to penetrate our system using fellow black brothers of ours.

The king: then what do you suggest we do?

The queen: we sift through his knowledge and philosophies. The one we find well defined will be kept. Afterwards, we can behead him.

The king: but..... what if we can convert him to think and live like one of us.

The queen: the closer you keep your enemy, the nearer you are to your deathbed.

The king: what if he isn't the enemy. What if he is just a lost young man who miraculously wound up in our village.

The queen: this was the same thing our forefathers told themselves and see what it brought them.

The king scratches his jaw then rest it on his palm. He could see some truth in the queen words but still he wanted to be positive about this man. He wanted him to stay a little longer in the palace. He wanted something from him and this he couldn't disclose to the queen. This was something that had happened years ago. Something that wakes him in his slumber. And never was the queen aware.

The king: fine. I will follow your advice.

The king said trying to sound convincing.

He knew deep within him that the queen's advice was volatile to him. He couldn't do as she wanted. At least maybe not now.
Ikulopade sat on one of the chairs in Tobe's room. She was still wearing her shiny silver gown. Tobe was tempted to ask if she had many of this gown or just one which she wore over and over again. But he thought better of it and let it pass.

Ikulopade: I know I am beautiful. You can cut the gaze now.

Tobe looks away but still his eyes returns back to her.

Tobe: what are you doing here?

Ikulopade: I am in one of my houses

Tobe: Why do you believe you own everything?

Ikulopade: because people gifts everything to me. The forest is avoided by everyone because they believe I reside there and bears ownership of it. The whole villagers believe every land is mine so they appease me with rituals and meat offerings whenever disasters befall their lands. I never wanted any but they forced it down my throat.

Tobe: why don't you just reject it?

Ikulopade: and why don't you reject this room that was offered you by the king and find somewhere else to stay.

Tobe: it would be an insult to the king

Ikulopade: rejecting the people's gifts to me will also be an insult to them.

She smirks upon realizing her thoughts had been passed well.

Tobe: what makes you come here?

Ikulopade: I want us to take a walk together.

Tobe: why

Ikulopade: so we can get to know each other better

Tobe: I have known enough. And least I forgot, you abandoned me.

Ikulopade: if you accept then I might be willing to tell you more about Kanalow

Tobe pauses and thinks it through. His goal from the start was to know more of Kanalow disappearance. But he couldn't be seen walking with her.

Tobe: I can't! And I suggest you leave now before I call the guards.

Ikulopade: you will be disappointed if you do that.

Tobe ignores her and goes outside his room then walks to the nearest guard he could see and tells him of the intruder in his room. He follows the guard back into his room. But things didn't go as expected. The guard didn't charge at her, instead he stands where he is and bows, calling her "your highness".

To be continued....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hunt by SurestG(f): 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2018
seantunes:
cc:

Wow.
It's really been long I came here but will surely follow your write up. ��
Re: The Hunt by SurestG(f): 4:01pm On Oct 23, 2018
smiley
Re: The Hunt by ESIXLOVE: 6:38pm On Oct 27, 2018
Thanks for the mention. I'm with you all the way.
Re: The Hunt by germaphobe(m): 5:19pm On Oct 28, 2018
abeg no make me vex, cus if i vex eeh, come update fast fast

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Are Your Top 5 Best Authors? / [night Story]the Hijab Angel - Episode One / Enchantress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.