Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Cinema Nollywood: Garbage Or Win? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Cinema Nollywood: Garbage Or Win? (440 Views)

Man Enters Cinema With Fufu And Soup To Watch Black Panther! / Lady Sneaks Food Into Cinema By Hiding Them In Her Bump (photos) / Cinema Launches In Oshogbo, Osun State On January 1st, 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cinema Nollywood: Garbage Or Win? by USUKUMA(m): 9:01pm On Oct 21, 2018
Without much ado, I'd like to know what y'all think about the recent nollywood movies that have been hitting the cinemas. I'd also like to know why AY-produced movies are always centered on the same dimwitted, play boy, "comedy-miss-road" kinda stories.

1 Like

Re: Cinema Nollywood: Garbage Or Win? by okwabayi(m): 10:29am On Oct 22, 2018
AY is not creative and relies on either stealing jokes or recycling funny ones. He knows the Nigerian viewer is very forgiving when it comes to comedy so he releases half efforts with money as the aim. If it gets a few chuckles people accept it quickly.

I really can’t say as I do not visit the cinemas for Nollywood movies. Omotola’s Alter Ego was something I could pay for in a cinema. Half Of A Yellow Sun was meh, not bad but not phenomal also. If I watched Brother Jekwu in the cinema I would’ve beat up whoever suggested the movie to me. Gidi Blues wasn’t bad. I’ll watch it to encourage Nigerian film makers. I have a soft spot for anything by Kunle Afolayan so he’ll get my cinema money anytime. Hakkunde was another nice movie with beautiful scenery and cinematography.

I believe it’s a hit or miss. There are a lot of movies I see on Africa Magic which I thank God no one dragged me to see on the cinema screen.

1 Like

Re: Cinema Nollywood: Garbage Or Win? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 22, 2018
okwabayi:
AY is not creative and relies on either stealing jokes or recycling funny ones. He knows the Nigerian viewer is very forgiving when it comes to comedy so he releases half efforts with money as the aim. If it gets a few chuckles people accept it quickly.

I really can’t say as I do not visit the cinemas for Nollywood movies. Omotola’s Alter Ego was something I could pay for in a cinema. Half Of A Yellow Sun was meh, not bad but not phenomal also. If I watched Brother Jekwu in the cinema I would’ve beat up whoever suggested the movie to me. Gidi Blues wasn’t bad. I’ll watch it to encourage Nigerian film makers. I have a soft spot for anything by Kunle Afolayan so he’ll get my cinema money anytime. Hakkunde was another nice movie with beautiful scenery and cinematography.

I believe it’s a hit or miss. There are a lot of movies I see on Africa Magic which I thank God no one dragged me to see on the cinema screen.
Africa magic showcase I suppose

(1) (Reply)

123]the Nun Full[movie] Onlone-hd / [video] Runtown Ft. Nasty C – No Permission / Baba Igboro Vs Agba Inaki Comedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.