Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

**how To Determine Your Armhole Shape, Size And Depth On Basic Bodice*** - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / **how To Determine Your Armhole Shape, Size And Depth On Basic Bodice*** (2559 Views)

How To Cut And Sew A 3 Tier Gathers Dress With A Stylish Armhole And Side Dart / Learn To Draft A Basic Bodice Pattern / How To Sew A Blouse / How To Draft The Pattern For Your Back Bodice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

**how To Determine Your Armhole Shape, Size And Depth On Basic Bodice*** by lucimac: 7:49pm On Oct 22, 2018
Armhole shape may vary a little according to shape and posture of the figure, the depth of the armhole depends on
Bust line where the armhole is drawn while its size depends on the (bust line) width, the height ie slope of the shoulder and the position of the shoulder point.

***Solution***

Step 1
* find the Top arm (TA) (Shape)

Top arm is the measurement taken round the fullest part of your arm about 10cm below the shoulder.(google to know
the exact position)

TA = 1/3 of your bust measurement

example 1/3 of 80 = 26.6 approx. to the nearest even number 28cm by proportion reference "Basic principle of cut and fit"by Natalie bray

TA = 28cm.

* Find your sleeve width

TA + 5cm (Ease)

NB: Sleeve width is always 5cm larger than the Top Arm

28+5= 33

Sleeve width = 33cm

Armhole depth therefore

1/3 of sleeve width

1/3 of 33 = 11 appro. to the nearest even number 12cm by proportion reference "Basic principle of cut and fit"by Natalie bray

Depth of the crown = 12cm

Armhole size:.

Depth of the crown + Top arm = 40cm.

NB:if your top arm + the depth of the crown fit tightly this might be due to the following reasons:-

* Inaccurate measurement on your client- always take accurate measurement its very important

* You have a squarer shoulder.

See diagram using this link https://web.facebook.com/lucimac4u/?view_public_for=338038126624726

* By raising the SP (Shoulder point) 1-1.5cm please be sure of the figure.

* By reducing the Sp (recommendable for professional)

* By making the armhole wider across (recommendable for professional)

** Please Do not forget to share, questions are also welcome**
Re: **how To Determine Your Armhole Shape, Size And Depth On Basic Bodice*** by lookyzy: 5:26am On Oct 23, 2018
thank you for the explanation.pls how do I get this Natalie bray book?
Re: **how To Determine Your Armhole Shape, Size And Depth On Basic Bodice*** by lucimac: 7:55am On Oct 24, 2018
You are most welcome. I sell the book but its currently out of stock. I should have stock in 2 weeks time , i will update you on availability@lookyz
lookyzy:
thank you for the explanation.pls how do I get this Natalie bray book?
Re: **how To Determine Your Armhole Shape, Size And Depth On Basic Bodice*** by lookyzy: 6:02pm On Oct 30, 2018
lucimac:
You are most welcome. I sell the book but its currently out of stock. I should have stock in 2 weeks time , i will update you on availability@lookyz
thanks
Re: **how To Determine Your Armhole Shape, Size And Depth On Basic Bodice*** by lucimac: 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2022
Butterfly Zig Zag Sewing Machine JH8190S
Get this butterfly electronic multi-functonal zig zag embroidery machine with led pilot lamp, quick winding bobbins, free arm, variable needle positions for precise top stitching. It also has a four step buttonhole and an easy turn dial pattern selection.
Machine comes with 12 built-in stitches including a four-step buttonhole stitch width and length adjustment
A drop feed for free motion sewing is provided
Included in the pack is an operational manual for easier understanding of its functions.

Best offer price: N53k

Call or Whatapp 0-909-928- 4402

(1) (Reply)

Fashion Confessions / Chicluxe Boutique. Check In Here For Your Quality Male/ Female Shoes And Bags / See How A Makeup Artist Transformed This People Into An Accident Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.