Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,089 members, 7,849,408 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:52 PM

Make Enquires - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Make Enquires (340 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Make Enquires by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 7:32am On Oct 23, 2018
Make Enquiries

There are times we get to points in life, when we don't know what next to do or which way to turn.

These are the cross-roads of life. The Bible tells us what to do:

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5

We are full of prayers of petition, calling on God to intervene and do something about our situation.

But we have more often than not ignored the place of enquiries, which is what gives us access to God's ways. It is the access to the secret and hidden things of life.

You must make enquiries from Him, if you really desire the way out of your predicament, for God's ways are higher than ours and His thoughts than ours (Isa. 55:9).

Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls... Jeremiah 6:16

"Oh God, come and do it for me" is the prayer of babies; but, "Lord, what must I do?" is the prayer of sons.

As long as you remain a child in the kingdom, always asking for things to be done for you and crying in the face of every situation, the glory never comes near you.

It is sonship that attracts the glory, and responsibility is what makes a son (Isa. 9:6).

In prayer of enquiry, God shows you what you need to do, in order to get what you are looking for. It then becomes your responsibility to put to work what has been revealed to you.

King David won all his battles because he was a man of enquiries.

But when the Philistines heard that they had anointed David king over Israel, all the Philistines came up to seek David; and David heard of it, and went down to the hold.

The Philistines also came and spread themselves in the valley of Rephaim.

And David inquired of the Lord, saying, Shall I go up to the Philistines? wilt thou deliver them into mine hand?...

And the Philistines came up yet again, and spread themselves in the valley of Rephaim And when David inquired of the Lord, he said, Thou shalt not go up; but fetch a compass behind them, and come upon them over against the mulberry trees...

And David did so, as the Lord had commanded him; and smote the Philistines from Geba until thou come to Gazer. 2 Samuel 5:17-25

David was a man of enquiries, so he never suffered any defeat or injuries as a warrior.

He had access to divine instructions by prayers of enquiry, and it made a world of difference in his life.

One instruction from heaven can deliver from a lifetime of struggles. You will no longer suffer injuries in your life.

Responsibility is the price you pay for greatness. There is what you must do to commit God to listen to you.

You have your part to play and God has His; He will never play yours for you. He said, "Draw nigh unto me and I will draw nigh unto you" (Jam. 4:cool.

It is your drawing near to Him and making enquiries that provoke His drawing near to you with answers and instructions.

Don't watch your life drag on endlessly, with your hands akimbo, saying, God will do it." Get into God's presence and with your entire spirit, approach Him for an answer.

Do not be in a hurry, be set to get an answer and take delivery of His higher ways, which will put you above whatever situation you are in.

Make enquiries! "Lord, why is this home not working? Why is this ministry dragging? Oh God, what would You have me to do?

What is missing in my life that is responsible for this problem? Lord help me. What am I not doing that I should start doing?

What am I doing that I should stop doing? Lord, I am looking up to You for an answer."

Something in your life might be what is responsible for the problems. Maybe the way you talk to your spouse is what sets the whole house on fire.

Maybe you are neglecting your covenant responsibilities towards your workmen, that is why your business is going down.

You may have been giving tithes and kingdom investments, yet your financial situation is getting tighter. It could be that you are not doing it properly.

Whichever way you are missing it, He will reveal it to you when you go before Him to enquire.

You worship before Him, speak to Him and wait for His response, celebrating in tongues until the answer comes.

Hallelujah

#Winning Prayers

However to enjoy these benefits you MUST first be born again (saved)...

A Sinner's Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

I C M...

We Are The Liberation Army, Reloaded!

Helpline, +2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: Make Enquires by dazzlingd(m): 7:41am On Oct 23, 2018
Bros go and look for work, na hunger dey worry you.
Re: Make Enquires by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 7:53pm On Oct 23, 2018
dazzlingd:
Bros go and look for work, na hunger dey worry you.

Thank you for reading. Please keep reading. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God.

Your faith will come alive as you keep reading, trust me.

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Spiritual Evil Activities Against Your Life. / One More Day To Live / Devil Strategy Of Terminating Destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.