Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,356 members, 7,860,942 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:27 PM

Tracy Chapman Sues Nicki Minaj For ‘stealing’ ‘baby Can I Hold You’ Song - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tracy Chapman Sues Nicki Minaj For ‘stealing’ ‘baby Can I Hold You’ Song (812 Views)

Lady Becomes Nicki Minaj For Halloween (Photos) / BET Apologises To Nicki Minaj For Shading Her While Congratulating Cardi B / Cardi B Left Injured By Nicki Minaj For Calling Her A Pussy (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tracy Chapman Sues Nicki Minaj For ‘stealing’ ‘baby Can I Hold You’ Song by midehcreeb: 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2018
According to Tracy Chapman, all requests by Nicki Minaj and her reps to get a license for Baby Can I Hold You” in June 2018 were rejected. Tracy who expressed her surprise when “Sorry” came out in August 2018 and got featured on Nicki’s album, added that her song comprises half of the lyrics and vocal melody of “Sorry.”

The lawsuit also claimed that Funkmaster Flex played “Sorry” on Hot 97, and lots of Internet users picked up the song and sent it around. It was also played on “The Breakfast Club” with Charlamagne Tha God.

source - https://www./2018/10/tracy-chapman-sues-nicki-minaj-for-stealing-baby-can-i-hold-you-song.html

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Dominique
Cc mynd44

Re: Tracy Chapman Sues Nicki Minaj For ‘stealing’ ‘baby Can I Hold You’ Song by cooldipo(m): 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2018
That our song that year cheesy
Re: Tracy Chapman Sues Nicki Minaj For ‘stealing’ ‘baby Can I Hold You’ Song by SignatureNG(f): 4:35pm On Oct 23, 2018
great..
Re: Tracy Chapman Sues Nicki Minaj For ‘stealing’ ‘baby Can I Hold You’ Song by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2018
Wow, someone's boutta get their asses sued.
Re: Tracy Chapman Sues Nicki Minaj For ‘stealing’ ‘baby Can I Hold You’ Song by midehcreeb: 6:08pm On Oct 23, 2018
kennygee:
Wow, someone's boutta get their asses sued.
Re: Tracy Chapman Sues Nicki Minaj For ‘stealing’ ‘baby Can I Hold You’ Song by dominique(f): 10:46am On Oct 24, 2018
Love love looove Tracy Chapman, 'fast car' playing in my head right now smiley

The music has been covered by numerous artists (including Westlife), Tracy should have let Nicki cover it as well. Nicki is not new to the industry and ought to know that rights have to be obtained before recording a someone else's music. Now she's gat no choice but to settle the legendary Tracy
Re: Tracy Chapman Sues Nicki Minaj For ‘stealing’ ‘baby Can I Hold You’ Song by midehcreeb: 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2018
dominique:
Love love looove Tracy Chapman, 'fast car' playing in my head right now smiley

The music has been covered by numerous artists (including Westlife), Tracy should have let Nicki cover it as well. Nicki is not new to the industry and ought to know that rights have to be obtained before recording a someone else's music. Now she's gat no choice but to settle the legendary Tracy
naw wah oooo
Re: Tracy Chapman Sues Nicki Minaj For ‘stealing’ ‘baby Can I Hold You’ Song by ogakizito(m): 1:37pm On Oct 24, 2018

(1) (Reply)

I Want To F##k Wizkid - Beautiful Nigerian Lady Says / See Reactions As Akpororo’s Surprised His Friend’s With A Car (video) / Brazilian Babes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.