Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia (2473 Views)

WWE To Host Africa Wrestling Tryouts In Lagos / A Nigerian Man In WWE / Checkout Throwback WWE: Vince Mcmahon Fires Donald Trump, He Retaliated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia by 2Ebisco: 5:37pm On Oct 23, 2018
WWE star Roman Reigns is giving up his Universal Championship title because he has leukaemia.

The four-time world champion told fans on Monday he had been diagnosed with the disease 11 years ago but was in remission.

But he says the leukaemia has returned which means he can no longer “be that fighting champion”.

Fans sent messages of support on social media and the hashtag #ThankYouRoman has been trending on Twitter.

Roman, a former American football player, made the announcement in the ring at Monday Night Raw.

Addressing the crowd, the 33-year-old said: “Y’all have made my dreams come true.

“It didn’t matter if you cheered me or you booed me, you’ve always reacted to me and that’s the most important thing and for that I have to say thank you so much.”

Roman, real name Joe Anoa’i, told fans he wanted to make it clear that his announcement wasn’t a “retirement speech”.

He said once he recovers from the leukaemia he will be “coming back home”.

“When I do it’s not going to be just about titles or being on top. It’s about a purpose.”

He added: “I will beat this and I will be back so you will see me very, very soon.”

After his emotional address, he was given a hug by Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, his partners from The Shield wrestling group.

Reigns is a four-time world champion having held the WWE World Heavyweight Championship three times and the Universal Championship once.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/council-boss-rallies-support-for.html

Re: Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia by xangerar: 5:37pm On Oct 23, 2018
Such a sad moment it was to know Roman was down with Leukeamia.
Re: Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia by lordimmaogidi(m): 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2018
A Sad One!! anyways get well soon
Re: Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia by ogwanogwa: 5:59pm On Oct 23, 2018
Get well soon d Roman Empire
Re: Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia by Agbaletu: 6:07pm On Oct 23, 2018
Very sad!
#ThankYouRoman
Re: Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia by Presidiotbuhari: 6:07pm On Oct 23, 2018
I am sad and disappointed by this news cry

Get well soon. The only guy that make watch wwe since undertaker retired from the show embarassed

1 Like

Re: Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia by ZKOSOSO(m): 6:08pm On Oct 23, 2018
Very sobering announcements..!

The power house of the shield..!

Time for Strowman n Lesnar to do battle...!

1 Like

Re: Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia by Agbaletu: 6:10pm On Oct 23, 2018
ZKOSOSO:
Very sobering announcements..!

The power house of the shield..!

Time for Strowman n Lesnar to do battle...!
Yeah
I think wwe should allow Drew Mctyre to replace Roman Reigns in the tripple fight in Saudi Arabia on Sunday.
That fight has already been fixed.
I don't want Braun Strowman to win universal championship now. Brock is not good either.
Re: Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia by ZKOSOSO(m): 6:18pm On Oct 23, 2018
Agbaletu:

Yeah
I think wwe should allow Drew Mctyre to replace Roman Reigns in the tripple fight in Saudi Arabia on Sunday.
That fight has already been fixed.
I don't want Braun Strowman to win universal championship now. Brock is not good either.

Rather they put my Dean Ambrose to replace Roman.

Mctyre is now a friend to Strowman In the pack.
I like Ambrose just that his featherweight stature...!
Re: Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia by obonujoker(m): 6:19pm On Oct 23, 2018
I hope the Miz can step up to the title now....
Re: Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia by Agbaletu: 6:26pm On Oct 23, 2018
ZKOSOSO:

Rather they put my Dean Ambrose to replace Roman.

Mctyre is now a friend to Strowman In the pack.
I like Ambrose just that his featherweight stature...!
Dean Ambrose is too small for the two guys.
Drew won't think twice before he betrays Strowman. He is already tired of Strowman's domineering attitude. More reasons why he attacked Strowman last week.
Re: Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia by Agbaletu: 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2018
obonujoker:
I hope the Miz can step up to the title now....

Miz is still a boy when it comes to the universal championship fight. Let him focus on defeating Daniel for now.
Re: Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia by ZKOSOSO(m): 6:40pm On Oct 23, 2018
Agbaletu:

Dean Ambrose is too small for the two guys.
Drew won't think twice before he betrays Strowman. He is already tired of Strowman's domineering attitude. More reasons why he attacked Strowman last week.

Yep yep....! U sabi wetin dey..!
Mctyre seems too attached to Doff Ziglar and Ziglar is sworn enemy of Seth Rollings. So Seth the Architect won't like him at all. Besides Mctyre is currently part tag team Champ.. u know..!
Re: Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia by Agbaletu: 6:50pm On Oct 23, 2018
ZKOSOSO:

Yep yep....! U sabi wetin dey..!
Mctyre seems too attached to Doff Ziglar and Ziglar is sworn enemy of Seth Rollings. So Seth the Architect won't like him at all. Besides Mctyre is currently part tag team Champ.. u know..!
Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose are now the Raw Tag team Champ. They defeated Drew and Ziggler yesterday.
Try and watch yesterday's fight. I don't evern understand what Dean Ambrose is up to. He attacked Seth after they won Tag team Champ.
Re: Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia by IdeeEsperanza(m): 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2018
Agbaletu:

Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose are now the Raw Tag team Champ. They defeated Drew and Ziggler yesterday.
Try and watch yesterday's fight. I don't evern understand what Dean Ambrose is up to. He attacked Seth after they won Tag team Champ.

He's a lunatic.... Hehehehehehehe grin
Re: Wwe’s Roman Reigns Gives Up Title Due To Leukaemia by esivue007(m): 1:33am On Oct 24, 2018
I'm ain't feeling happy @all when roman was bidding the wwe universe farewell for now.....I almost cried especially when he said....the fan have been Boeing him..........I ALMOST cried.
Roman,get well soon.....#bigdogthefightingmacghine#.

(1) (Reply)

I Bring To You Kenya’s Sexiest Female Body Builder, Jane Mukami / Lagos Runs Girl Murdered, Beheaded For Rituals (VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED) / Checkout The Art Work Of Mc Shakara's Upcoming Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.