Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,500 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:42 AM

Always Give God The Glory - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Always Give God The Glory (1111 Views)

Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? / Tunde Bakare Tells Worshippers They Will Die If They Don’t Give God Money! / Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Always Give God The Glory by yommyuk: 5:55am On Jul 17, 2010
Ezekiel 26:2
Son of man, Tyre has rejoiced over the fall of Jerusalem, saying,’Ha! She who was the gateway to the rich trade routes to the east has been broken, and I am the heir! Because she has been made desolate. I will become wealthy!’

COMMENTS
The nation of Tyre rejoiced over the fall of Jerusalem, which eliminated a rival trading centre and potentially opened up new trade routes and markets for Tyre.

QUESTION
Have you found yourself in a position at the expense of another’s person shortcomings, misfortune or unfortunate circumstance?

Ezekiel 26:3-6
“Therefore, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am your enemy, O Tyre, and I will bring many nations against you, like the waves of the sea crashing against your shoreline. They will destroy the walls of Tyre and tear down its towers. I will scrape away its soil and make it a bare rock! It will just be a rock in the sea, a place for fishermen to spread their nets, for I have spoken says the Sovereign Lord. Tyre will become the prey of many nations, and its mainland villages will be destroyed by the sword. Then they will know that I am the Lord.
COMMENTS
The many nations with which Tyre wanted to trade would instead come against her equipped for war and like Jerusalem, she would become a plunder for their enemies.
Look at the Western world, centuries ago; they came to hold a meeting on how to share the natural resources of Africa at a round table somewhere in Berlin. Probably over drinks of wine and whisky, laughing and mocking Africa as a big cake that could be taken at freewill. Look at the western world today; the same nations they plundered are now turning back the clock of time.

QUESTION
Do you know how much funds people from Asia and Africa plunder back to their continent from Europe and America? Billions! And this figure is growing year on year.

Ezekiel 27: 1-25
Tells us of the former glory of the nation of Tyre in great detail under the metaphor of a mighty sailing ship created out of the very best resources from the surrounding nations. The ships of Tyre were manned by a crew gathered from the most famously skilled men in the world. The vast system of transport was all at the service of Tyre’s insatiable appetite for trade. The list of Tyre’s trading partners goes on and on.

Ezekiel 27:26-35
Tell us of the end of the Tyre’s Glory. It became a sunken ship

Ezekiel 27:36
The merchants among the nations shake their head at the sight of you, for you have come to a horrible end and will exist no more.
COMMENT
Literally the surrounding nations hissed at the nation of Tyre. The nations lamented for Tyre’s lost way of life.
The same can be said of Nigeria. Imagine back in the early 80s, who would have envisioned Nigerians seeking better life in Ghana.

LESSONS
Psalm 20:7-8
Some nations boast of their chariots and horses, but we boast in the name of the Lord our God. Those nations will fall down and collapse, but we will rise up and stand firm

Jeremiah 9:23-24
This is what the Lord says: “Don’t let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches. But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things. I the Lord have spoken!

COMMENT
Always give God the glory in Jesus name.
Re: Always Give God The Glory by Jenwitemi(m): 8:02am On Jul 18, 2010
Out of sheer curiousity, what will happen if one does not give glory to this god?
Re: Always Give God The Glory by yommyuk: 10:00am On Jul 18, 2010
@Jewitemi

THINK AND MEDIATE ON THIS

A truly wise person uses few words; Even fools are thought wise when they keep silent; with their mouths shut, they seem intelligent.

I give glory to God, not a god wink
Re: Always Give God The Glory by Jenwitemi(m): 10:55am On Jul 18, 2010
Haba! You don vex so quickly? Why get so touchy with the wise words over something as insignificant as the sze of a letter at the beginning of a word? All i did was ask a simple question.
yommyuk:

@Jewitemi

THINK AND MEDIATE ON THIS

A truly wise person uses few words; Even fools are thought wise when they keep silent; with their mouths shut, they seem intelligent.

Capital G, small g, it is all in the mind. Anyway, How do you/one give glory to God? What's your/the ritual?
yommyuk:

I give glory to God, not a god wink
Re: Always Give God The Glory by Cactus(m): 11:28am On Jul 18, 2010
Always give god the glory when things go good. and give who the glory when things go bad?

When things go good, thank god
when things go bad, I cant believe i did this, oh i am crazy bla bla bla. or blame something else.

Where lies the accountability and responsibility?
Re: Always Give God The Glory by yommyuk: 6:01pm On Jul 18, 2010
@Jewitemi

Vex ke? why should I be vexed?

I am alarmed and feel very sorry for u for not knowing who to give glory to.
The question is so naive, I can compare it to a two year old asking a question like is the moon a football.

Anyway if you really want to know how to give glory to God, I will suggest that u read on.

Giving glory to God is to Honor him.
Giving Glory to God is to be in awe of him
Giving Glory to God is to fear him
Giving Glory to God is to do his will
Giving Glory to God is to do what pleases him
Giving Glory to God is to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh
Giving Glory to God is not to blaspheme his name (Lev 24:16 if you blaspheme you will be stoned to dead.) i.e you deserve to die cool
Give Glory to God is obey his commands and instructions.
You can give Glory to God by singing Spiritual hymns to praise him

You can give Glory to God by offering thanks offering to him like blessing a stranger,
You can give Glory to God by giving testimony to the undeserved favors u continue to enjoy despite not acknowledging him

If you need to know about more ways, pls don't hesistate to let me know.

God bless ur soul
Re: Always Give God The Glory by Jenwitemi(m): 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2010
yommyuk:

@Jewitemi

Vex ke? why should I be vexed?

It is good to know that you are not vexed. Unnecessary vexation can be unhealthy.

yommyuk:

[b]I am alarmed and feel very sorry for u [/b]for not knowing who to give glory to.

You were alarmed because i asked you a simple and sincere question? Why didn't you just furnish me with an answer instead of going through all those needless emotions. A straight question requires an equally straight answer. smiley
Besides, i did not ask you to whom one should give glory, but what would happen if one didn't. That was my initial question.

yommyuk:

The question is so naive, I can compare it to a two year old asking a question like is the moon a football.

Okay, then. Even a naive question deserves a proper answer, no?

yommyuk:

Anyway if you really want to know how to give glory to God, I will suggest that  u read on.

Well, at long last! Thank you! smiley

yommyuk:

Giving glory to God is to Honor him.
Giving Glory to God is to be in awe of him
Giving Glory to God is to fear him
Giving Glory to God is to do his will
Giving Glory to God is to do what pleases him
Giving Glory to God is to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh
Giving Glory to God is not to blaspheme his name (Lev 24:16 if you blaspheme you will be stoned to dead.) i.e you deserve to die cool
Give Glory to God is obey his commands and instructions.
You can give Glory to God by singing Spiritual hymns to praise him

You can give Glory to God by offering thanks offering to him like blessing a stranger,
You can give Glory to God by giving testimony to the undeserved favors u continue to enjoy despite not acknowledging him

Even though you did not answer my initial question, maybe you need to reread my first post, i will go through your list.

Giving glory to God is to Honor him. - How is that done? The giving glory part, i mean?

Giving Glory to God is to be in awe of him - Ditto

Giving Glory to God is to fear him - Why should "he" be feared? Is "he" evil?

Giving Glory to God is to do his will - What is "his" will?

Giving Glory to God is to do what pleases him - What is that that pleases "him"?

Giving Glory to God is to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh - How do you walk in "spirit" and not in "flesh"? You go to churches? You read bibles? You pay tithes? How, exactly?

Giving Glory to God is not to blaspheme his name (Lev 24:16 if you blaspheme you will be stoned to dead.) i.e you deserve to die cool - How does one blaspheme? What is blasphemy?Who will do the stoning? God?

Give Glory to God is obey his commands and instructions.  - What are "his" commands and instructions?

You can give Glory to God by singing Spiritual hymns to praise him - Why does "he" need praises? Is "he" a being of flesh?

You can give Glory to God by offering thanks offering to him like blessing a stranger - I think i do that regularly, already. I bless everybody. It is just that i have never connected these acts of blessing people to giving glory to any god, but rather to life itself. Perhaps life itself is God?

You can give Glory to God by giving testimony to the undeserved favors u continue to enjoy despite not acknowledging him - Why does "he" need acknowledgement? Can't "he" do without it

These are all sincere, honest questions. Please answer them al so with sincerity and directness. Thank you. God bless you too. smiley
Re: Always Give God The Glory by yommyuk: 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2010
The answers to your various questions will require you to first have faith.

Do a bit of inward thinking on faith.
Why do people have faith in God
Why do people commit their life to God by completely trusting him.

It is only the Holy Spirit that can reveal this to you. Visit churches and listen to people's testimonies of the great works that God has done in their individual lifes. I have my testimonies. Have U? If not, that is between u and your God.

I like planting my seeds on fertile ground. I refuse to plant my seeds on the footpath which represents people like u who continue to hear the message of the kingdom and REFUSE to understand it.

I will continue to give Glory to God. U? cool
Re: Always Give God The Glory by Jenwitemi(m): 10:55pm On Jul 18, 2010
Everything is very clear now. Thank you for your great wisdom.
yommyuk:

The answers to your various questions will require you to first have faith.

Do a bit of inward thinking on faith.
Why do people have faith in God
Why do people commit their life to God by completely trusting him.

It is only the Holy Spirit that can reveal this to you. Visit churches and listen to people's testimonies of the great works that God has done in their individual lifes. I have my testimonies. Have U? If not, that is between u and your God.

I like planting my seeds on fertile ground. I refuse to plant my seeds on the footpath which represents people like u who continue to hear the message of the kingdom and REFUSE to understand it.

I will continue to give Glory to God. U? cool

(1) (Reply)

Post Your Favorite Gospel Songs Here! / Serious War Among Mega Pastors / Thanksgiving Is The Most Powerful Force On Earth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.