Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,453 members, 7,830,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State (1014 Views)

Reactions As Bride Crawled To Present Cake To In-laws On Wedding Day / Family Rejects Old Naira Notes As Bride Price In Niger / Wife Of One Month Jumps Fence After Her Husband Demanded For Her SIM Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by Ritzy10(f): 8:26pm On Oct 23, 2018
A Facebook user, Phil Onyia Chimdindu has taken to his page to share a video of the outrageous items his friend was asked to bring as bride price in Afikpo, Ebonyi state.

In the video, Balenciaga sneakers, panties, high heels, luggages and many others were seen among the items the groom brought as bride price.

Sharing the video, the young man wrote:

'This is Afikpo in Ebonyi state Nigeria, not Imo state oh.... My brother just paid his bride price in Afikpo (Ebonyi state) ?.'

Watch Video HERE

https://zenithnaija.com/balenciaga-panties-bra-demanded-as-bride-price-from-groom-in-ebonyi-state/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by cooldipo(m): 8:27pm On Oct 23, 2018
shocked
Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by Ishilove: 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2018
If this is true then family members are hungry, shameless beggars. Since the man can afford it, let him just quietly inform his madam that her family will never see another kobo of his money to eat, EVER again since they are collecting everything in one swoop.

This is what happened to a friend of mine. Her family taxed the man till his account was red, and when she moved in after the wedding he treated her family like trash for almost ten years before finally kicking her out their matrimonial home. After 4 kids

I still can't fathom the rationale behind all these unnecessary demands. Is this tradition?
Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by LadySarah: 9:24pm On Oct 23, 2018
I'm not bothered.much as I'm vehemently against this poverty induced practice,I wouldn't fail to remind the groom that you are not compelled to do all these.

In fact ur wife has 70percent ability to reject whatever her family demands.

I did it,a lot of ladies have done.in fact for my family's sake,it was cancelled in my kindred.My dh didn't spend more than #100k for every including bride price,and yes I'm Igbo.

If its too outrageous,check another tribe.its not a do or die affair
Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by eyinjuege: 9:37pm On Oct 23, 2018
Biko, those stockfish look very juicy. Abeg, they should just give me that big one in front.
Hehnnnee, you were saying?
Every man with their problem, na the one way consign me I talk first.
Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by IamD18: 12:13am On Oct 24, 2018
Imagine! G-string and bra included. Igbo ladies cost to marry shaa, maybe because they are beautiful.

While somewhere in Nigeria, there's this tribe that can only accept red oil and pepper just to give away their daughters.

Just buy Ghana-pepper N450 and Red oil N50, and vooooom, they'll hand over their daughter to you immediately.

1 Like

Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 2:06am On Oct 24, 2018
IamD18:
Imagine! G-string and bra included. Igbo ladies cost to marry shaa, maybe because they are beautiful.

While somewhere in Nigeria, there's this tribe that can only accept red oil and pepper just to give away their daughters.

Just buy Ghana-pepper N450 and Red oil N50, and vooooom, they'll hand over their daughter to you immediately.

When will you have sense

3 Likes

Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 2:11am On Oct 24, 2018
Fake and useless story.

Nobody put a gun to the man's head to buy those stuffs ,if not for impressing his newly found inlaws why didn't he reject their request?

Wonder why Nigerian men don't value women?

Who are you going to drag rights with after you allowed your father to sell you off like a property?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by itiswellandwell: 4:47am On Oct 24, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by Seahawk: 4:57am On Oct 24, 2018
Ishilove:
If this is true then family members are hungry, shameless beggars. Since the man can afford it, let him just quietly inform his madam that her family will never see another kobo of his money to eat, EVER again since they are collecting everything in one swoop.

This is what happened to a friend of mine. Her family taxed the man till his account was red, and when she moved in after the wedding he treated her family like trash for almost ten years before finally kicking her out their matrimonial home. After 4 kids

I still can't fathom the rationale behind all these unnecessary demands. Is this tradition?

He was obviously a jerk. That had nothing to do with a bride price he paid 10years ago. At worst, he could have refused to pay.

Before y’all jump on my neck, I’m also against bride price payment. It’s a masculine tradition that is demeaning to women. That’s why the biggest fight against abolishing bride price comes from men. Even though they claim to hate it, they like the idea of saying they paid for their women. That’s why they do it and act like you owe them forever.

1 Like

Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by CAPSLOCKED: 7:00am On Oct 24, 2018
THE TIME WILL COME WHEN FAMILIES WILL HAVE TO START MARRYING THEIR DAUGHTERS FOR THEMSELVES BY THEIRSELVES.

1 Like

Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by Ishilove: 7:36am On Oct 24, 2018
Seahawk:

He was obviously a jerk. That had nothing to do with a bride price he paid 10years ago. At worst, he could have refused to pay.

He is a jerk, true, but the resentment began building during the wedding.

1 Like

Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by Acidosis(m): 8:05am On Oct 24, 2018
Seahawk:

Before y’all jump on my neck, I’m also against bride price payment. It’s a masculine tradition that is demeaning to women. That’s why the biggest fight against abolishing bride price comes from men. Even though they claim to hate it, they like the idea of saying they paid for their women. That’s why they do it and act like you owe them forever.

You're always against everything (including cooking) in words, but not in actions.

If they ask whether your dh paid your bride price I'm sure you'll answer yes.

tongue

2 Likes

Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 24, 2018
Acidosis:

You're always against everything (including cooking) in words, but not in actions.

tongue

Cococandy(now Seahawk) speak unrealistic things with little knowledge all the time.

I've weighed her to be someone who'll say or defend any nonsense just to keep her views or impress her fans.

Chimamanda adichie(a woman I respected so much) was giving a speech about bride price and traditional list extortion yet she allowed her father to collect 10kobo from her husband.

No matter how small the money is even if it's 5naira as long as the man paid before marrying a woman ,she's been sold TBH.

That's the bitter reality
Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by Nitefury: 10:51am On Oct 24, 2018
eyinjuege:
Biko, those stockfish look very juicy. Abeg, they should just give me that big one in front.
Hehnnnee, you were saying?
Every man with their problem, na the one way consign me I talk first.

What an oxymoron.. But I understand sha.
Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by Nitefury: 11:01am On Oct 24, 2018
Seahawk:

We both know the highlighted is a lie. It isn't men that ask their partners questions like "When I'm I going to see your people or When I'm I going to pay your bride price"

Left for most guys, if anything at all, it should just be symbolic. That's why guys make statement like "I wan carry wine go give your Papa".
Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by Tamarapetty(f): 12:00pm On Oct 24, 2018
Diswan na shopping u go, not brideprice.
Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by Seahawk: 2:29pm On Oct 24, 2018
Well I don’t need to explain anything to your childish ass. If I paid my bride price or my DH did or if it wasn’t even paid at all. or try to fathom how you even came to the conclusion that I’m against cooking.

Irritating baby who can’t stay on topic. undecided

Acidosis:

tongue

2 Likes

Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by Seahawk: 2:36pm On Oct 24, 2018
Like I said. If you really are against bride price, you would be among those calling for it to be stopped. Instead of using it as an attack point against women. Chimamanda yada yada. Cococandy yada yada. Like we are supposed to play you a video tape of our wedding days to let know know exactly what happened. And if we do, that will solve the bride price problem. Super stupid.

You don’t dislike it. You only pretend to, so that you can use it as something to mock women with.

That statement in bold is where your joy lies.

To show how double faced you people are, you blame women for a tradition that they have little to no control over while your fathers are the ones in their stubbornness who have refused to let it go. And you guys after ranting here about how you hate it, will still insist on collecting bride price from your sons-in-law.

Way to hold some other people responsible for your actions.
Elder0001:

Cococandy(now Seahawk) speak unrealistic things with little knowledge all the time.

I've weighed her to be someone who'll say or defend any nonsense just to keep her views or impress her fans.

Chimamanda adichie(a woman I respected so much) was giving a speech about bride price and traditional list extortion yet she allowed her father to collect 10kobo from her husband.

No matter how small the money is even if it's 5naira as long as the man paid before marrying a woman ,she's been sold TBH.

That's the bitter reality

2 Likes

Re: Balenciaga, Panties, Bra, Demanded As Bride Price From Groom In Ebonyi State by Eketem: 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2018
While I am totally against bride price this post is a lie.

This is the gift parents and give daughters when they are moving to their husbands

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Dilemma / I Had A One-night Stand With My Daughter-in-law And Now She’s Pregnant And Says / Beautiful Sleep Wear Available At Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.