Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,807 members, 7,844,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Here's Why Games' Graphics Will Never Look 100% Realistic? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Here's Why Games' Graphics Will Never Look 100% Realistic? (1273 Views)

Latest Dream League Soccer 2024 Apk For Android PSP Realistic DLS 24 Offline / Why Games Are Important In Human Life . Blocked And Unblocked / Review: FIFA 18 Is The Most Realistic Football Game Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's Why Games' Graphics Will Never Look 100% Realistic? by LucemFerre: 8:53pm On Oct 23, 2018
A. I might be wrong and humans are that crazy and that technology is the only thing keeping game developers from making a very-close-to-realistic graphics

B. I might be right and below is the case:

The reason why I think games can never be realistic is because it would be more relatable to reality and it would lead to real life practice of what is being depicted.
The human mind has been so aware of reality that if as much as a game character's blinking goes aloof it'll figure it out. So the reason why games would hardly make a sane person violent is because the brain doesn't see it as real but, as a simulation.

If the human brain is convinced to the extent of seeing a game as more of humans acting it and not just some simulation, it might be tempted to choose to see reality as such.

That is the reason why I think some games like fallout still has last gen graphics. And many other games pushing for better experience than more realistic graphics. Near realistic effects but, the characters would still look like game characters.

Why do you think game characters are not made to look real?
Lack of a better platform to handle the details or my reason or something else?

The makers of Uncharted 4's Drake said they could make him look better but, PS would not be able to handle the details

1 Like

Re: Here's Why Games' Graphics Will Never Look 100% Realistic? by HyDef(m): 2:00am On Oct 24, 2018
Personally, I just think we don't have the technological capability to achieve such realism in gaming.
Movies are making their way there with digital doubles and recreations of deceased actors, but it's still not 100% convincing. A lot better than what we have in games though because the systems used to render such scenes in film are a lot more capable than the average gaming system or console.

Poorly done attempts at realism can tend to be more disgusting than appealing anyway. The Uncanny Valley might be a good read at this point, if you haven't heard of it.
Re: Here's Why Games' Graphics Will Never Look 100% Realistic? by khalhokage(m): 5:04am On Oct 24, 2018
Technological capabilities are the only real hold back for photorealistic graphics in video games, if your argument was actually the problem then we would have had the same issues with Movies.

Unless a person is mentally challenged the human mind can always distinguish between reality and fiction.
Re: Here's Why Games' Graphics Will Never Look 100% Realistic? by LucemFerre: 6:32am On Oct 24, 2018
I don't think it's the same with movies.

A movie is a predetermined fiction. In games, one creates the occurrences. One decides to kill or not to kill
Re: Here's Why Games' Graphics Will Never Look 100% Realistic? by RX480(m): 12:11pm On Oct 24, 2018
We're purely limited by hardware, rendering a realistic 4K scene in Blender with top hardware (i7-8700K + GTX 2080ti) takes 20+ hours and that's with $2000 of equipment, games have to render 30 images per second.
Re: Here's Why Games' Graphics Will Never Look 100% Realistic? by LucemFerre: 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2018
Game industries don't use rigs like that. They use render farms comprising of ridiculous number of cpus and gpus.
But, I understand what you mean, that is a lot. And that's just Blender
Re: Here's Why Games' Graphics Will Never Look 100% Realistic? by lekjons(m): 9:26am On Oct 28, 2018
@op what you said was thoughtful..

But the difference between ps1 and ps4 barely 20 years difference makes me think otherwise..

Imagine what graphics will look like by 2050

Re: Here's Why Games' Graphics Will Never Look 100% Realistic? by LucemFerre: 11:07am On Oct 28, 2018
Yea, it scares me though... When it is hard to differentiate between game and movies, I'd get Nintendo grin I'm too sensitive

(1) (Reply)

How Would You Want The World To End? / How To Get Messi From Pes2019 Barcelona Featured Scout / Does Anyone Repair Graphics Cards Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.