Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,547 members, 7,861,599 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:11 PM

WWE Champion, Roman Reigns, Relinquishes Title Over Leukaemia - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / WWE Champion, Roman Reigns, Relinquishes Title Over Leukaemia (627 Views)

Bobrisky Gifts A Guy With Leukaemia 1million Naira Support- Viewers Discretion / Rishi Kapoor Dies Of Leukaemia Aged 67 / Ikenna Ajuba Down With Cancer Of The Blood - Leukaemia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WWE Champion, Roman Reigns, Relinquishes Title Over Leukaemia by BetTrader: 11:03pm On Oct 23, 2018
WWE champion, Roman Reigns, relinquishes title over leukaemia

World Wrestling Entertainment champion, Leati Joseph Anoa’i, popularly known Roman Reigns, had on Monday relinquished his title after announcing that his leukaemia had returned.

At the Monday Night Raw event, Roman Reigns said, “My real name is Joe, and I’ve been living with leukaemia for 11 years,” Anoa’i said, in front of the crowd at Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island, reports Kwese ESPN.

“And, unfortunately, it’s back. And because the leukaemia is back, I cannot fulfill my role — I can’t be that fighting champion — and I’m going to have to relinquish the Universal championship. I want to make one thing clear: By no means is this a retirement speech. Because after I’m done whipping leukaemia’s ass once again, I’m coming back home.”

The WWE later sent out a news release with a few additional details on Anoa’i’s condition. The organisation revealed that Roman Reigns is taking a leave of absence from WWE as he once again fights leukaemia, which had been in remission since late 2008,” the WWE said in the statement.

“Reigns is taking his battle with leukaemia public in an effort to raise awareness and funds for research in order to advance cures for the disease,” the statement concluded.

Anoa’i last performed in a WWE ring October 15, in the main event of “Monday Night Raw.”

It’s unclear when Anoa’i received the diagnosis that his leukaemia had returned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WWE Champion, Roman Reigns, Relinquishes Title Over Leukaemia by crossfm: 11:13pm On Oct 23, 2018
You have fought many battles and won and I pray you come out victorious on this one.get well soon.

3 Likes

Re: WWE Champion, Roman Reigns, Relinquishes Title Over Leukaemia by chuksville(m): 11:15pm On Oct 23, 2018
Chai... My favourite wrestler...
Get well soon!

3 Likes

Re: WWE Champion, Roman Reigns, Relinquishes Title Over Leukaemia by CreepyBlackpool: 11:34pm On Oct 23, 2018
This guy is actually very tough, 11yrs of fighting leukemia.

And to think we boo'ed him most of the time. I feel terrible.

And I was so looking forward to his match at crown jewel

2 Likes

Re: WWE Champion, Roman Reigns, Relinquishes Title Over Leukaemia by whitebeard(m): 11:35pm On Oct 23, 2018
Eeya...
Re: WWE Champion, Roman Reigns, Relinquishes Title Over Leukaemia by Kaycee7(m): 7:37am On Oct 24, 2018
That October 15 performance definitely won't be Roman's last. He will beat this and return. Believe that

(1) (Reply)

Actress Omotola React To George Weah Declaring Tuition Free In All Universities / Stunning Photos From The Lavish Traditional Wedding Of Linda Ejiofor And Ibrahim / Nigerian Reacts After Pastor Ugoeze Elendu Shares Photo From His Dramatic Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.