Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User (17376 Views)

Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) / FG Patches Potholes On Sagamu-Ore Axis Of The Lagos-Benin Expressway / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by toscolee(m): 10:35pm On Oct 24, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Has Chris taken this issue to his LCDA? He took it to facebook but before doing so has he taken it to the LG office? There is a process for engagement in community. Zuckerburg is not going to send a work crew to fix his road. So he should be encouraged on civic responsibility and taught ways in which to file grievance on things that need the LG attention.
Are we on Facebook because of Zuckerberg? Sometimes, one need to expose them publicly or they won't sit up. I suspect that you are a stakeholder in Amuwo. Tell Buraimoh that Ayo wasn't like this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by dontbothermuch: 10:35pm On Oct 24, 2018
Alzirida:
Do you know that

V a g i n a gets wet differently when a woman loves a man
smiley
Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by Sergioaguero: 10:37pm On Oct 24, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Has Chris taken this issue to his LCDA? He took it to facebook but before doing so has he taken it to the LG office? There is a process for engagement in community. Zuckerburg is not going to send a work crew to fix his road. So he should be encouraged on civic responsibility and taught ways in which to file grievance on things that need the LG attention.

How did #reform9jabanks started? Was it not from twitter?

1 Like

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by davires: 10:37pm On Oct 24, 2018
At least you can count the holes.No one can count Badagry express way because there is no road .
Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by emperorblog(m): 10:39pm On Oct 24, 2018
they sjould come and see,Mushin road also
Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by Godson84: 11:04pm On Oct 24, 2018
Pearlyakin:
How can over 100 million people under 40 be looking to a 72-year-old to rescue us from an 82-year-old? Isn't that just non-compos mentis? They chant Atikulated! Atikulated! Isn't that how they all chanted Sai Buhari! Sai Buhari! almost 4years ago? Look where all that chants and foolishness has brought all of us, yet Nigerians still haven't learnt from their mistakes or read the handwriting on the wall.
Honestly, i dont know why some Nigerians find it difficult to think. I keep saying this same thing. How can the youths of this country open their mouths and say they want to cast their votes for Atiku? Old men with no vision keep recycling themselves, ruling over those with great vision and we will be complaining things are not working. How will things work when those who are suppose to have retired are the ones telling us what to do? I don't know who we offended in this country that has refused to forgive us.

1 Like

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by pokipoki: 11:06pm On Oct 24, 2018
The last time I was in festac, it looked to me like an atom bomb was dropped there. The place is hopeless!!!

1 Like

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by gladisa7: 11:09pm On Oct 24, 2018
NOW I KNOW WHY THEY STARTED BREAKING AND PATCHING THE ROADS THIS EVENING..
Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by Alabamajogor: 11:17pm On Oct 24, 2018
Each pothole representing an LGA in Nija consifering there are 744 LGAs in Nigeria. .......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by pokipoki: 11:19pm On Oct 24, 2018
Godson84:

Honestly, i dont know why some Nigerians find it difficult to think. I keep saying this same thing. How can the youths of this country open their mouths and say they want to cast their votes for Atiku? Old men with no vision keep recycling themselves, ruling over those with great vision and we will be complaining things are not working. How will things work when those who are suppose to have retired are the ones telling us what to do? I don't know who we offended in this country that has refused to forgive us.
Dude, if you have a so called youthful candidate you want to promote, please bring him out. But just remember that youthful is not guarantee innovation. Donald Trump is about 72 years and he Is doing very well
Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by Sleekfingers: 11:27pm On Oct 24, 2018
Orpe7:
Ambode is just wicked
Is it because igbos won all the seat in LSHA in festac.
Is he telling me festac adds no economical value to lagos state?
Rubbish

All these thrash, because of igbo on all seats...

Go to shomolu, bariga, egbeda, ijora, ijeshatedo, lawanson , ipaja . You will count thousands of potholes.if I am not exaggerating.....abi na igbo won the seats there too?

Talking as if some people are sidelined because of where they are from...

Lets face reality we are all feeling the heat...

Go to badagry ...you will pity. Those living there....abi na igbo won the seats there....

Na WA o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by vertueptime: 11:33pm On Oct 24, 2018
Pearlyakin:
How can over 100 million people under 40 be looking to a 72-year-old to rescue us from an 82-year-old? Isn't that just non-compos mentis? They chant Atikulated! Atikulated! Isn't that how they all chanted Sai Buhari! Sai Buhari! almost 4years ago? Look where all that chants and foolishness has brought all of us, yet Nigerians still haven't learnt from their mistakes or read the handwriting on the wall.

Oya come lets vote u

1 Like

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by thatigboman: 11:41pm On Oct 24, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

coming out of a well deserved ban and talking trash as usual.
Are the authourities blind? If a citizen could count over 700 potholes in his neighbourhood, dont u know that that if it were in china, all the local authorities in that neighbourhood will all be hanged to death?
People like u get the govt u deserve.
In seoul, there are 21 bridges that cross from the island to the mainland. U saw china has opened the longest bridge on earth that connects island to mainland.
But in the no man's lagos my grandfather helped to build, intra city train is a 2099 project. 4th mainland bridge is an endless political debate. And packing waste cost hardworking ambode his job.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by ojlifa: 11:47pm On Oct 24, 2018
You sound so stupid.is he suppose to even be complaining.the stupid chairman and all his staff,do they not pass the road or are they blind.when you seek for office remember your duty is to serve the people not to be worshipped by the people.in any civilized country this is enough to mark the end of that chairman's political career

ote author=ImperialYoruba post=72383111]

Has Chris taken this issue to his LCDA? He took it to facebook but before doing so has he taken it to the LG office? There is a process for engagement in community. Zuckerburg is not going to send a work crew to fix his road. So he should be encouraged on civic responsibility and taught ways in which to file grievance on things that need the LG attention. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by adeyemi91(m): 11:49pm On Oct 24, 2018
chiagozien:
Is called national identity.....
This one be like our map.

1 Like

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by SmartMugu: 11:50pm On Oct 24, 2018
See what unemployment causes. So somebody has the time to and start counting all the potholes in a state?
Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by PastorDannie(m): 12:08am On Oct 25, 2018
chiagozien:
Is called national identity.....
Its like map of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by Patrinus: 1:01am On Oct 25, 2018
Grew up in Festac. Mere mentioning the fact that you rep Festac town (FTT) could score you chicks in the 90's, but now. . . lipsrsealed

No wahala, na Island things now. The authorities should look into this, not cool at all.
Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by ngwababe(f): 1:02am On Oct 25, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

When it's obvious the confidential secretary will not take the file to the chairman, even the Protocol officer to the chairman go fling the report away, and you want the guy to take which Issue to which LCDA?
Bro, our leaders only listen and try to act when you expose them on social media because they will want to prove you wrong. And mind you, there's nothing like civic responsibility in this part of the world (Nigeria).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by Rindo69: 1:04am On Oct 25, 2018
It is sad to see how FESTAC has deteriorated!! I lived there in the early 80’s and it was a beauty!! There were parks, good roads, water and houses were unfenced. I recall the excitement when they took us to 206 park

Steadily, the rot began!! Fences started springing up around houses, water supply stopped, all the parks and playing grounds were sold to ‘big men’ who built hideous mansions and shopping complexes. On 21 road, they sold the large green area where Makay Plaza was built.

I haven’t been there in 5 years but I am sure it is nothing like it used to be. We cannot even manage roads in a ‘small’ community!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by Venerable612(m): 1:35am On Oct 25, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

I think you are wrong on this. Social media is the best place to get any attention on governance matters in Nigeria. Imagine reporting Ganduje’s bribe to the state house or police or Efcc; nothing will be done and it will be swept away before investigations even begin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by InvertedHammer: 1:38am On Oct 25, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

/
It is either you live in Mars

OR

You are innately stvpid.

/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by vioment: 1:57am On Oct 25, 2018
A natural dirty country will always get exposed aka India, but a natural and incompetent country will always look for pity aka Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by daddytime(m): 2:06am On Oct 25, 2018
That is all the local government areas in Nigeria duly and well represented in FESTAC. And FESTAC I'm sure means, festival of African cultures.

If the above holds true, then it is only safe to say that we are celebrating a Festival of African Cultures tagged, "744 Potholes in FESTAC".

Nice one...

Abeg make una no mind me, sleep no gree enter my eye.
https://www.nairaland.com/4405326/nigeria-europe-through-desert-a-true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by olmoRoc: 4:04am On Oct 25, 2018
Then you wonder why we still have the Ministry of Works if they can't discharge their basic duty.
Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by Kaymaxi2222(m): 5:50am On Oct 25, 2018
SmartMugu:
See what unemployment causes. So somebody has the time to and start counting all the potholes in a state?
Pls when did festac turned to a state? cry
Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by linusbnn(m): 6:06am On Oct 25, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

The LGA chairman no dey pass those roads abi na your uncle?.

2 Likes

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by Hoodbilonia: 6:08am On Oct 25, 2018
mechanics for dat area go rich

1 Like

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by deflover(m): 6:20am On Oct 25, 2018
I was born in festac
22road
I grew up there till I left when my dad sold his house
All the parks are gone
No water comes to the house anymore
The standby generators has being shared many years ago

All these things used to make festac what it is
Today it smells
Soakaway pipes manholes overflow to the road
Its now the capital of gays and olosho

This was never my festac
The roads he talked about is so real

I like what this man is doing
Soon we will force these thieves to do the work they were voted for

1 Like

Re: There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User by AlphaStyles(m): 6:20am On Oct 25, 2018
Alzirida:
Do you know that

V a g i n a gets wet differently when a woman loves a man
so what you are saying is that toto gets wet when a woman loves a man?has it happened to you before?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes / Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm / There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.