Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:35 AM

How Do I Handle My Tenants - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Handle My Tenants (433 Views)

My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me / This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? / How Do I Handle My Landlord?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Handle My Tenants by shortgun(m): 9:35pm On Oct 24, 2018
By the Grace of God Almighty I have completed my house and its up for rent.
I am a new landlord with zero experience with tenants.

I've heard stories of troublesome tenants who will not want to pay for rent when due and will disobey rules at will.

I am aware that the tenancy law favours the tenant more than the landlord. I am not in a hurry to give any of the apartment to any tenant yet because I've not figured out how to deal with the tenants.

Pls friends, what is the best way to handle my tenants so that they won't give me problems?
What rules can I give them and how will I enforce the rules without hurting any of my tenants?
Re: How Do I Handle My Tenants by tripplephi: 9:48pm On Oct 24, 2018
Lawyer Up

get a lawyer to make AGREEMENT FORM LETTERS FOR YOU..... If they fail to keep their end of the bargain then the lawyers will kick them out.

#speakingfromexperience

shortgun:
By the Grace of God Almighty I have completed my house and its up for rent.
I am a new landlord with zero experience with tenants.

I've heard stories of troublesome tenants who will not want to pay for rent when due and will disobey rules at will.

I am aware that the tenancy law favours the tenant more than the landlord. I am not in a hurry to give any of the apartment to any tenant yet because I've not figured out how to deal with the tenants.

Pls friends, what is the best way to handle my tenants so that they won't give me problems?
What rules can I give them and how will I enforce the rules without hurting any of my tenants?
Re: How Do I Handle My Tenants by shortgun(m): 10:58pm On Oct 24, 2018
tripplephi:
Lawyer Up

get a lawyer to make AGREEMENT FORM LETTERS FOR YOU..... If they fail to keep their end of the bargain then the lawyers will kick them out.

#speakingfromexperience

OK thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Xmas In The Air..get a Life Goat, Bag Of Rice Etc when you buy a plot Edge Vil / In Need Of 1 Bedroom Flat With Good Light in Port Harcourt / Half Plot Of Land Off Ayino Street Fagba With C Of O 6m For Sale Level Grand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.