Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Violence - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Violence (3462 Views)

Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" / “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Violence by pooozeee(m): 8:59am On Oct 25, 2018
Edited
Re: Violence by babyfaceafrica: 9:11am On Oct 25, 2018
you want a peaceful divorce with someone who tried to attack you with knife's three times?..what is wrong with you?... don't tell me it is love
..because it is not!!;..leave that house with all you belongings and proceed with divorce from wherever you go!!..I don't want to hear in the news that a wife murdered her husband when he was asleep... you have been warned!!!

4 Likes

Re: Violence by godfatherx: 9:17am On Oct 25, 2018
Someone has attacked you thrice and you're still talking about peaceful way.
Even if you built the house, you are only the owner if you are alive.
Pack your necessaries and leave the house, then seek divorce from outside where she can't reach you.

9 Likes

Re: Violence by Eketem: 9:17am On Oct 25, 2018
Please leave your home for safety first.

Report to the Police for documentation, if you have injuries get a medical report. What she is doing is a crime, do not take it lightly

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violence by donbachi(m): 9:30am On Oct 25, 2018
U beta remove monkey hand 4rm pot b4 e go turn person hand..

4 Likes

Re: Violence by JasonScoolari: 9:37am On Oct 25, 2018
Buy a gun, get it licensed and bring the divorce letter for her to sign.

P.S: The Kingdom of God suffereth violence and only the violent taketh it by force.

1 Like

Re: Violence by areee(m): 9:54am On Oct 25, 2018
You better run for your life now that you are still alive, this is Nigeria where the story can change after stabs you to death. It'll be reported that you stumbled on knife and somersaulted like two times, flipslide once on top the same knife. Runnnnnn

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Violence by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 25, 2018
Weak men everywhere chai. Beta flee. Cos this one go kill u soon
Re: Violence by Jman06(m): 10:37am On Oct 25, 2018
yeyerolling:
Weak men everywhere chai. Beta flee. Cos this one go kill u soon
Strong man! When you marry you go know say no be by power...

Pray never to marry a heartless lady... you go beat her sotey you go tire and na that time her own strength go come... women dey o

4 Likes

Re: Violence by Ishilove: 11:31am On Oct 25, 2018
Keep asking questions until we read about your story in the Crime Section of Nairaland
Re: Violence by baby124: 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2018
It’s better you leave the house for her and run for your life if you rented the house. If you both built it then run away and put it for sale so you can split the money. If you built the house, take her out and tell your brother to take someone to change the locks. Drive her straight to her father’s house and zoom off. Take her belongings to her later and make sure you have mai guard at home.

2 Likes

Re: Violence by MrBottle: 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2018
Pack out of my house!! Is she a tenant? The words are so insulting especially for a mildly deranged persona.

Well, run first,,,,,,, we can discuss the " pack out of my house sh!t" later.

But if she is threatening you with KNIVES face to face while living in your HOUSE, I wonder what she will do if you cunningly smuggle her back to her parents......she may shoot you at close range embarassed
Re: Violence by pooozeee(m): 2:20pm On Oct 25, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Buy a gun, get it licensed and bring the divorce letter for her to sign.

P.S: The Kingdom of God suffereth violence and only the violent taketh it by force.

I have no where to run to and it will be unfair to just lock her out because we have a 3 year old girl together.

Buying a gun would have been a nice idea but I don't no where to get such from and how to acquire the license

We did not do a court marriage , we did a religious marriage so I am not sure if I should go to the court for proper divorce.

Please I need honest advice
Re: Violence by pooozeee(m): 2:26pm On Oct 25, 2018
We did not do a court marriage, our marriage was religious so am not sure if I should go to the court for proper divorce. A lawyer in the house should please advice or anyone who has faced a similar issue should please advice me on what to do

Re: Violence by baby124: 2:29pm On Oct 25, 2018
pooozeee:

I have no where to run to and it will be unfair to just lock her out because we have a 3 year old girl together.

Buying a gun would have been a nice idea but I don't no where to get such from and how to acquire the license

We did not do a court marriage , we did a religious marriage so I am not sure if I should go to the court for proper divorce.

Don’t you have relatives you can squat with till you get your own place? If you have a child then you need to leave the house for them so your child has shelter or you rent a good place for them if it’s a house you built. As for divorce, you don’t need to go to court. Follow whatever religious process it takes to get the divorce. Under no circumstances should you let her push you to touch her because, once you do, you lose all credibility in such a matter.

If you eventually divorce, please don’t neglect to take care of your child. Make sure an adult is involved and that adult picks up and drops off that child. Don’t go to where she lives to see your child for a while till you are sure she has moved on. She seems to have a dangerous temper. So be very careful. She won’t take you leaving her that lightly.

3 Likes

Re: Violence by Eketem: 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2018
Go and make a formal report at the police station, she will be asked to come and write an undertaken, though the day she decides to murder you it may not stop her but it will give you justice.

You have no where to go but when she murders you hope the grave will be a good place to go

3 Likes

Re: Violence by babythug(f): 2:59pm On Oct 25, 2018
A word is enough for the wise!

You have all the advice you will ever need here. No need for reconciliatory talks sef RUN for your life.

If you have children send thier upkeep allowance via a third party when you’re stable in a new setting etc etc

Thread closed please!

2 Likes

Re: Violence by babyfaceafrica: 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2018
pooozeee:

you no get family or Friends... stop giving excuses!!!!....continue you hear..pm news will soon give us .." husband hacked to death by estranged wife"

1 Like

Re: Violence by pooozeee(m): 5:24pm On Oct 25, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
you no get family or Friends... stop giving excuses!!!!....continue you hear..pm news will soon give us .." husband hacked to death by estranged wife"

How can I park out of my house, sounds absurd, she would rather pack out for me

Re: Violence by Katier00(f): 5:35pm On Oct 25, 2018
I have this crazy idea. Get her some nice flowers and take her out on a date, then while you are at it, excuse yourself and run as your legs can carry you and change your house keys. On a serious note try to admit her in to a facility cos she sick.mental illness is real. Help her get help

3 Likes

Re: Violence by Sirmuel1(m): 5:36pm On Oct 25, 2018
Hmmmmm
Re: Violence by babyfaceafrica: 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2018
pooozeee:

How can I park out of my house, sounds absurd, she would rather park out for me

then do something!!!!... rather you be stabbed by an abusive partner.. leave and fight for another day
Re: Violence by CAPSLOCKED: 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2018
pooozeee:
This would be the 3rd time my wife would attack me with two kitchen knives on her hand, threatening to stab me.

Now I want a divorce, each time I tell her to park out of my home, she resist

I have heard about couples fighting and eventually the husband gets killed by the wife thru the knife.

I don't want this to happen to me, I want a peaceful separation but don't know how to really go about it.

Pls kindly advice me.

MY GUY INVOLVE THE LAW BEFORE YOU TURN TO TOAST.
Re: Violence by Mizwisdom(f): 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2018
pooozeee:

Your life is in danger
Re: Violence by Ishilove: 7:44pm On Oct 25, 2018
pooozeee:

If you were traditionally married then go and demand the return of the bride price you paid on her. That's divorce

2 Likes

Re: Violence by Eketem: 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2018
pooozeee:

You are busy claiming house, do you know that those women who killed their husbands drugged them and stabbed them in their sleep? I can bet if they knew this would happen they will gladly leave the house for her for a while so the law can sort the issues out. You don't understand how serious this is. I wish you well

3 Likes

Re: Violence by pooozeee(m): 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2018
Eketem:

You are busy claiming house, do you know that those women who killed their husbands drugged them and stabbed them in their sleep? I can bet if they knew this would happen they will gladly leave the house for her for a while so the law can sort the issues out. You don't understand how serious this is. I wish you well

I have stopped eating in house even water I don't drink again and I have equally stopped giving her stipend for her up keeps thinking she will just vex and pack out but this is not working out
Re: Violence by baby124: 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2018
Ishilove:

If you were traditionally married then go and demand the return of the bride price you paid on her. That's divorce
What does he need the brideprice for. Let them keep it abeg. It’s best he stays far from that family. Or you think her parents don’t know of her issues? They don’t want her to now become their problem so they will do all they can to reconcile them and OP will keep getting into a circle of rubbish till he’s killed.

He can send them a letter telling them that he dashes them the brideprice as he’s no longer interested in the marriage. Let him run as fast as possible right now and he should not look back or hear sorry. Next time she will kill him because she knows she has lost him. Then she will arrange a good accident where no one will be able to prove that she did it.

1 Like

Re: Violence by pooozeee(m): 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2018
I really feel I should start a new live without her. It's not too late to do so at this time. I can't come and waste my life upon one useless woman

Re: Violence by Ishilove: 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2018
baby124:

What does he need the brideprice for. Let them keep it abeg. It’s best he stays far from that family. Or you think her parents don’t know of her issues? They don’t want her to now become their problem so they will do all they can to reconcile them and OP will keep getting into a circle of rubbish till he’s killed.

He can send them a letter telling them that he dashes them the brideprice as he’s no longer interested in the marriage. Let him run as fast as possible right now and he should not look back or hear sorry. Next time she will kill him because she knows she has lost him. Then she will arrange a good accident where no one will be able to prove that she did it.
The return of the bride price is symbolic. It makes the dissolution of the union final. Even if he makes known his decision to part ways with the woman but her bride price is not returned then she is still effectively married to him and no one else will be able to marry her.

4 Likes

Re: Violence by baby124: 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2018
Ishilove:

The return of the bride price is symbolic. It makes the dissolution of the union final. Even if he makes known his decision to part ways with the woman but her bride price is not returned then she is still effectively married to him and no one else will be able to marry her.
That’s all in their mind. What if they refuse to accept it? Will he not move on? He can write them stating his intent to give them the brideprice as gift. Don’t underestimate the anger and mental illness in a person whose reaction is to stab you in an argument. Who does he want to leave her for when people will hear how she is? A lot of women will rather die than watch their husband leave them. Not to talk of one that is unstable. Best treatment for unstable people is to just disappear for a while.
Re: Violence by LadySarah: 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2018
She has ur child and won't pack out to anywhere.You are the man,go to the police and report first.Then call her ppl to know what's going on.

She needs to be taken to a mental hospital.Pack ur bags and leave for them. You must have a friend you can squat with or visit the church where you pay your tithe,let them give you accommodation for now until everything is sorted out.

I'm also sure you are 60% responsible for what is going on.
What is causing the quarrel?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lawyers In The House / The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. / See What I Made For My Daughter Just To Stay At Home (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.