Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants (2458 Views)

Emefiele Predicts Economic Boom For Nigeria In 2018 / Buying Discounted Paint With Home Or Office Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by jot01(m): 6:12pm On Jul 17, 2010
Hi Nlder,
Living outside Nigeria has given most of us an idea of business we can do back Home.
But the fact remains will Nigerians appreciate such service if been rendered.

Here in South Africa, you can call most of the Eateries on Phone and they will deliver your order to your house or Office.

E.g Debonairs that sells Pizza's, KFC , Nandos and many More.

Just thinking if one can partner with all the eateries and render the home/Office deliveries services for customers who are not able to drive or walk to the restaurant during working hours or weekends.

Sometimes you might be spending time with Families/sick/Lazy to Drive and really want to eat Mr Biggs or Tantalizer but with this Service you can order for food,snacks and will be delivered to where you live.

I really want people to contribute to this and know what you really think.

Just wanna know if it makes any sense or just a waste of time.

Responds and contributions are welcome,
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by LordReed(m): 3:36pm On Jul 19, 2010
I've often thot about this but as an independent service don't u tink u need to maintain a huge fleet of vehicles to service ur clients?
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by jot01(m): 7:58pm On Jul 19, 2010
Lord_Reed:

I've often thot about this but as an independent service don't u tink u need to maintain a huge fleet of vehicles to service your clients?

Thanks for the contributions.
I was thinking at least have a Motorcycles that has a Big Box at the Back seat, I really don't know if you understand this.

Thats what Debonaires and some other Fast food / restaurant use here in SA.

Its more faster and even they Use Bicycle,

One just need to Invest more funds and maybe get Vans in places where there is high request,

Its really gonna work.

Please i look forward to your ideas.

Cheers
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by jot01(m): 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2010
Why are people not responding.

Is this not making Sense?

Who is the Moderator self, Carry me go Home Page Now abii wetin self,
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by LordReed(m): 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2010
Ok I like the idea but bicycles in Naija would be a new tin cos we don't see lotsa folk riding bicycles in cities here. Motorcycles/scooters would be more practicable but still u'd need quite a few as an independent service cos to make it efficient u'd station at least 1 per location/premises of ur clients.
2ndly u'd have to advertise like mad to get peoples attention.
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by jot01(m): 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2010
Lord_Reed:

Ok I like the idea but bicycles in Naija would be a new tin cos we don't see lotsa folk riding bicycles in cities here. Motorcycles/scooters would be more practicable but still u'd need quite a few as an independent service cos to make it efficient u'd station at least 1 per location/premises of your clients.
2ndly u'd have to advertise like mad to get peoples attention.

Thanks for the contributions.
I was thinking of contacting the head offices of the Restaurants/fast foods and submit a proposal to see what they think and how we can about it.
Been a business collaboration with them will boost up there turnover.

Yes, Okada as we call it idea and atleast 2 in a community/area will do.

Nowadays fast foods are very close to each other, Looking at Ogba/Ikeja, you have them close to themselves and advertisements, it will be advertised on there desk, so people can know and also on National TV and radios.

Really dont know if people will appreciate this but its a very good development to our country,

More suggestion and contributions are welcome my People.

Thanks
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by LordReed(m): 10:42pm On Jul 20, 2010
I would love to know their response after u contact them. I just might make the move here in Abj but I need to study up on how it would b profitable for me. Any thots on dat score?
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by jot01(m): 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2010
Lord_Reed:

I would love to know their response after u contact them. I just might make the move here in Abj but I need to study up on how it would b profitable for me. Any thots on dat score?

I work on it, thnx bro.

we can both work on the proposal,
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by jot01(m): 5:30am On Jul 28, 2010
So no comments so far,
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by tholanee: 2:32pm On Jul 28, 2010
Hello jot1,
I think it is a nice idea but you need to work more on the marketing and enlightment, I would not know if you intend charging your clients for the service rendered or it will imbibed into the charges from the eatries? You need to also look at the kind of clients you will get because they need to be able to charge for the services.
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by Ejiogbe(m): 4:45pm On Aug 03, 2010
Hello Nlanders,

This line of business is already going on.I encourage you to go ahead with your plans. I was teaching in one of my clients' home in VI Along Oniru some weeks ago when her children ordered pizzas from Debonair located on Adeola Odeku and within 20 minutes a guy came and delivered the pizzas. I guessed the guy came with an okada because the food item was still very fresh.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by jot01(m): 6:42pm On Aug 03, 2010
Thats Good.

Nija is getting there,
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by taosola(m): 7:45pm On Aug 03, 2010
It's a nice idea. I have been thinking of such as well. But once you said you can ally with the eateries, don't you think is better you get all their addresses and representatives who can easily deliver to the nearest address of your clients.

What I mean is that If you get a call that your services is needed in an office at Bariga, all you just have to do is to call the nearest MR. BIG there to go and suppy them. By this Mr. Big will have to pay you for the links. What do you think. it is just an Idea.
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by jot01(m): 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2010
Thats a good Idea.

Still working on it tho and Pray it work out soon.

Cheers
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by Thethy(m): 9:49pm On Aug 07, 2010
The idea could work.You maight want to start from city like Lagos.I know of a guy called Kayode that comes to our farmĀ  to buy grasscutters,dressed them and sell to bank workers who have have no time to go to markets after closing from work.He is doing very well.

Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by Rooneyboy(m): 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2010
Mr poster this is a brilliant idea , but my greatest concern is means of advertisement 'it is huge money advertising via the media' considering the fact that it is a very small business that has little or no capital.
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by Rooneyboy(m): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2010
I m highly interested , dont mind bringing some funds to make sure the project turns on successful.

1 Like

Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by Rooneyboy(m): 1:20pm On Aug 08, 2010
@thethy , ur attitude makes me worry over ur sanity status.
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by jot01(m): 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2010
Thanks Guys,
I have contacted All the Fast Foods CEO in Nigeria and am having a meeting Dated September 15 in Nigeria.

So will be flying to Eko Hotel and Suite for a meeting and back to SA.

So i will update you guys. They really like the proposal and i pray it works out fine.

Cheers Guys
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by nomoneydow: 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2010
good idea
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by nomoneydow: 1:58pm On Aug 09, 2010
jot01:

Thanks Guys,
I have contacted All the Fast Foods CEO in Nigeria and am having a meeting Dated September 15 in Nigeria.

So will be flying to Eko Hotel and Suite for a meeting and back to SA.

So i will update you guys. They really like the proposal and i pray it works out fine.

Cheers Guys

ok we are waiting to hear how it goes
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by Rooneyboy(m): 11:09am On Aug 10, 2010
@ jot01 , we keenly wait to hear from u . Do keep us posted on this page.
Re: Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants by spunkyvee(f): 5:25am On Jan 24, 2016
Just came across this topic. Am thrilled to know that someone keyed into such business venture befre now. Introducing Port Harcourt based food delivery service- Blevec Haven. You can visit our website www.blevechaven.com. Like ourr facebook fan page www.facebook.com/blevechaven. Free Delivery. Our lines will be open for operation February 1st 2016 0809 519 0668, 09059889729

(1) (Reply)

How can I get an Online Store / Business Ideas Needed ASAP / Rig wash (Degreaser) For Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.