Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,165 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Education: The Miseducation Of The Black Race. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Education: The Miseducation Of The Black Race. (480 Views)

For Racism Against Blacks To Reduce Drastically, The Black Race Needs To Be Rich / Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth / A World Once With Black Race Now Without Black Race?-your Thoughts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Education: The Miseducation Of The Black Race. by filiks(m): 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2018
EDUCATION: THE MISEDUCATION OF THE BLACK RACE.

EDUCATION has been defined by many in many different ways, but most of the definitions basically agree that education refers to THE PROCESS OF ACQUIRING OR IMPARTING GENERAL KNOWLEDGE.

Simply put, whereever and whenever knowledge is being received or given, education is taking place right there.

MISEDUCATION, on the other hand, according to Webster, REFERS TO POOR, WRONG OR HARMFUL EDUCATION.

There's been deliberate distortion in the documentation of events of the past, history if you may, so much so that a lot of truths are lost in the process.

History, when left in the hands of adversaries, will most definitely be distorted to suit their narratives and cover the evils they perpetuated.

If miseducation is poor, wrong or harmful education, then it's right to say a lot miseducation has been going on in all black nations and communities around the world.

But I'll focus on the miseducation from among us.

Growing up, most black people may have heard one or most of these statements;

*Go to school so you can become great

*Fear the government

*Only a foolish man argues with the man with a gun.

*Alway be careful

*Why must you be the person to speak up when in a group?

*Respect your elders(even if the elder is talking absolute nonsense)

*Do not speak when older people are speaking

*Do not make your opinion known so much

*Do not look your superior in the eye, it's disrespectful!(I was always a victim of this one all through childhood, I couldn't stop myself)

*Always follow the dictates of the elders, because their focal length while they stoop is still much great than yours even if you were viewing from the tree top.

*You should be able to take a lot of pain and suffering, that is life.

*If you're uncomfortable, just manage(endure it)

*Government should never be challenged, they'll kill you and nothing will happen.

The list goes on and on. And most of the time, these statements come from people we love and respect so much. These ideologies are not just wrong but are capable of creating a very timid generation who may never break free and blossom.

While that miseducation is going on in black nations, their white counterparts are being groomed and told;

*You can be anything you want to be.

*The world is yours.

*I'd like to hear your thoughts/opinion on any matter.

*Are you comfortable?

*Do what you find happiness in

*The government should always listen to us

*Don't take my word for it, verify it.

The list goes on as well.

We must consciously resolve to unlearn these harmful ideologies and learn the complete reverse of all we've been taught.

How do we begin? We must begin to at least read history, about how other people fared through similar situations as we've found ourselves.

And as we read and learn, we must share our findings using all social media platforms and by word-of-mouth, spread the gospel of liberation and sensitize our people.

We must send the message hope and a possible better future. We owe that to children and generations to come.

#LetsDoThis

#WeCanDoThis
Re: Education: The Miseducation Of The Black Race. by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2018
Thank God I read this before commenting based on your title. Nice one,sir.

1 Like

Re: Education: The Miseducation Of The Black Race. by filiks(m): 9:45am On Oct 29, 2018
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:
Thank God I read this before commenting based on your title. Nice one,sir.

Thanks. So what was your first thought when you saw the title? Was it misleading?

(1) (Reply)

You Can’t Have Igbo King In Cross River – Traditional Rulers / The Alarming Rate Of Ethnic Bigotry On Nairaland: Let's Discuss / Shocking Nigerian Traditions Still In Practice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.