Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Musings: On Happiness And Other Trivial Things - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Musings: On Happiness And Other Trivial Things (248 Views)

My Musings / "Ember" Months Musings / My Musings On Dan Brownz Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Musings: On Happiness And Other Trivial Things by mayor007(m): 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2018
I’ve always dreamed of happiness as many others have; it is to wake up one day and find myself in a magical world.

Maybe it would happen on my eighteenth birthday when I’d become an adult and my newfound powers would begin to grow or perhaps I’d be caught in a whirlwind adventure across worlds.

I was going to find magic and have real adventures and be someone that mattered.

I was going to escape reality.

It’s what it is, isn’t it? A desire to escape what we consider dull and what we consider dull typically is our own life. Perhaps it’s a desire to be different, to see something new, to be mystified and staying so rather than being given an answer or being able to Google it.

To Google is now a very real act. It is not to find an answer or solve a mystery. It is to browse a repertoire with any question and finding a guaranteed answer. Yes, there are still very real mysteries in our scientific universe but for concerns to the common man, there are typical answers. And that’s what kills us.

We wanted to escape to a world of wonder but find ourselves in a world where there is little wonder left. We seek higher and more abstracts meanings like the joy of an untouched forest after the rain, the beauty of small villages waking up and finding happiness in a world devoid of the urbanized chaos you’re accustomed to, or perhaps it’s the endless expanse of grass that rolls like a wave in the breeze.

We see these things but go back to our typical lives. We earn our keep by working a customary job, even a heart surgeon is something normal and expected, and then pay our bills whether they’re small or substantial, and we have our homes to keep regardless if modest or lavish.

And we tell ourselves: “One day, I’ll live in the world I want to live in. I’ll carve out my own slice of life just the way I like it”. We select the friends we have, the lovers we take, the decor and style we enjoy, the activities we wish to partake and then we begin to think that there has to be more.

Continue reading here: https://www.sabinews.com/on-happiness-and-other-trivial-things/

(1) (Reply)

I Have Given Nothing To The World Yet BY JOHN CHIZOBA VINCENT / Finding Happiness - Episode 8 / Dauda: Chapter 1 [A Toast To Family]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.