Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 (46666 Views)

Picture Of ASP John Umoru, Who Was Indicted Alongside Kyari But Still At Large / 7-year-old Boy Abandoned Over Alleged Witchcraft Rescued In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Ubong Promise: Abandoned Over 'Witchcraft'. Transformation Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by olushowunm(m): 3:18am On Oct 26, 2018
Patrol Commander John Joshua, Assistant Superintendent of Police attached to Ajao Estate Police Station Lagos State, lost his eyesight while attempting to stop over 500 angry Factory workers who were looting the warehouse of Chi Industries Ltd. The company made a distress call for Police intervention & protection. They claims that they were been attacked by Hoodlums, which can be seen as deception on the part of the management. This event took place on December 31, 2016. A day that should be a preparatory day for the New Year for ASP and his family but turn into day of regret, sadness and anguish for the family. He got injured in the process of keeping the citizens and businesses safe as he was attacked by angry Factory workers who have taken strategic positions in the warehouse, with plan to attack them. As they entered into the company’s premises to maintain law and order, the workers charged and attacked him with Caustic soda missiles which was poured over his head and as such affected his eyes. He was rushed to hospital and since that time have been left to die.

According to Summit Healthcare Hospital Ltd. (Eyes Foundation), he will need about N2.5million to do another set of surgeries (Invoice attached), this was in 2017, after expending his life savings and his family's goodwill on the earlier treatment. When he was told about the surgery and how much it would cost, he had felt sure that the company, which he lost his eye sights fighting for would come to his rescue.
Joshua’s staunch trust, however took a devastating blow. CHI Limited was not forthcoming as the ASP had expected. According to him, till date, the company had abandoned him to his fate. Joshua, almost in tears said that he couldn’t imagine groping in darkness for the rest of his life. Speaking with our correspondence in his house, Joshua said that CHI Limited, promised to take care of his eyes treatment. Joshua said that doctors had advised that the operation should be carried out immediately so that his eyes wouldn’t degenerate retrogressively into complete blindness.
He said “Right now, I’m slowly going blind. And if the eye surgery continued to be delayed, my two eyes would undergo retrogressive degeneration or I may completely go blind”.

He was left with nothing as Police and Chi Nigeria Ltd., have abandoned him to his fate and none has come up with anything to help his condition. Is this the country of our dreams? Where we seek law enforcement officers to risk their lives for our sake? Who will read this kind of pathetic story about the system and still put his bet to save us all. Two years gone and no help in sights. This man is now having difficult in fulfilling his fatherly duties as he also a widower, all because of one silly incident that Nigeria Police Force HQ and Chi Nigeria Ltd., refused to take responsibility for his wellness. ASP Joshua is not even asking for compensation, just for them to take care of his eyesight before he goes totally blind.

ASP Joshua was in tears as he narrates his plight in the hands of Nigeria Police Force and Chi. He even went as far to bring in Femi Falana, the popular human rights activist-cum-lawyer into the matter, he was appointed a lawyer to take care of the case but he suspected that Lawyer was compromised by Chi as he stopped picking his calls for updates on the case. He also went to Office of Public Defender just to ask for his rights too but none is forthcoming.
I write this today to intimate you of the rots and decay that corruption have bestowed on our institutions. We are in trouble because the Nigeria of our dream might never come in our lifetime or our children's if we keep valuing money over lives.

I appeal to all those concerned too take up responsibility and give this man his eyesight again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by olushowunm(m): 3:21am On Oct 26, 2018
More evidence...

1 Like

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by pacino26(m): 3:51am On Oct 26, 2018
Thought NHIS is there to cover for things like this If that is not working I strongly advise he gets his PFA involved for an upfront withdrawal from his RSA. Given the circumstances they should expedite payment. As an ASP he's entitled to some good cash from there cuz he needs to live and regain his sight for his family.

I know some will come in with the usual curses since he's a "police officer", they should not forget that the problem with Nigerians is the name Nigeria . I wish him speedy recovery.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by menix(m): 5:21am On Oct 26, 2018
Tomorrow we expect an officer to be gallant and give his all in protecting Lives and Properties...

Shithole..

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by MrMcJay(m): 9:41am On Oct 26, 2018
You guys know something, apart from the fact that he has been abandoned, this poliecman would soon be retired on grounds of disability.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by chibike69: 9:41am On Oct 26, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 26, 2018
olushowunm:
Patrol Commander John Joshua, Assistant Superintendent of Police attached to Ajao Estate Police Station Lagos State, lost his eyesight while attempting to stop over 500 angry Factory workers who were looting the warehouse of Chi Industries Ltd. The company made a distress call for Police intervention & protection. They claims that they were been attacked by Hoodlums, which can be seen as deception on the part of the management. This event took place on December 31, 2016. A day that should be a preparatory day for the New Year for ASP and his family but turn into day of regret, sadness and anguish for the family. He got injured in the process of keeping the citizens and businesses safe as he was attacked by angry Factory workers who have taken strategic positions in the warehouse, with plan to attack them. As they entered into the company’s premises to maintain law and order, the workers charged and attacked him with Caustic soda missiles which was poured over his head and as such affected his eyes. He was rushed to hospital and since that time have been left to die.

According to Summit Healthcare Hospital Ltd. (Eyes Foundation), he will need about N2.5million to do another set of surgeries (Invoice attached), this was in 2017, after expending his life savings and his family's goodwill on the earlier treatment. When he was told about the surgery and how much it would cost, he had felt sure that the company, which he lost his eye sights fighting for would come to his rescue.
Joshua’s staunch trust, however took a devastating blow. CHI Limited was not forthcoming as the ASP had expected. According to him, till date, the company had abandoned him to his fate. Joshua, almost in tears said that he couldn’t imagine groping in darkness for the rest of his life. Speaking with our correspondence in his house, Joshua said that CHI Limited, promised to take care of his eyes treatment. Joshua said that doctors had advised that the operation should be carried out immediately so that his eyes wouldn’t degenerate retrogressively into complete blindness.
He said “Right now, I’m slowly going blind. And if the eye surgery continued to be delayed, my two eyes would undergo retrogressive degeneration or I may completely go blind”.

He was left with nothing as Police and Chi Nigeria Ltd., have abandoned him to his fate and none has come up with anything to help his condition. Is this the country of our dreams? Where we seek law enforcement officers to risk their lives for our sake? Who will read this kind of pathetic story about the system and still put his bet to save us all. Two years gone and no help in sights. This man is now having difficult in fulfilling his fatherly duties as he also a widower, all because of one silly incident that Nigeria Police Force HQ and Chi Nigeria Ltd., refused to take responsibility for his wellness. ASP Joshua is not even asking for compensation, just for them to take care of his eyesight before he goes totally blind.

ASP Joshua was in tears as he narrates his plight in the hands of Nigeria Police Force and Chi. He even went as far to bring in Femi Falana, the popular human rights activist-cum-lawyer into the matter, he was appointed a lawyer to take care of the case but he suspected that Lawyer was compromised by Chi as he stopped picking his calls for updates on the case. He also went to Office of Public Defender just to ask for his rights too but none is forthcoming.
I write this today to intimate you of the rots and decay that corruption have bestowed on our institutions. We are in trouble because the Nigeria of our dream might never come in our lifetime or our children's if we keep valuing money over lives.

I appeal to all those concerned too take up responsibility and give this man his eyesight again.
Za Zoo.

2 Likes

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Splasshhh(f): 9:42am On Oct 26, 2018
Smh
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Akwasi(m): 9:42am On Oct 26, 2018
Sense of entitlement is killing and humiliating Africans. In other parts of the world, insurance is part of the job's benefit because of the risk.

A typical African police officer will prefer the insurance premium to be added to his monthly salary and yet when there is an accident, will demand the authority to help out.

Let's do the right thing AFRICA

12 Likes

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by DBossNG(m): 9:43am On Oct 26, 2018
Naija!
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by benue555: 9:44am On Oct 26, 2018
the boy is true
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by OneCorner: 9:44am On Oct 26, 2018
Only god knows how many families he has thrown into deep sorrow

10 Likes

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by ninocia18(m): 9:44am On Oct 26, 2018
This is Nigeria.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by NwaAmaikpe: 9:44am On Oct 26, 2018
shocked

2.5million should be no biggie for a dilligently ASP
If he was prudent, he would have saved his bribes.

Now no more bribes for ASP John Joshua.
I have lost all my pity for Nigerian policemen.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Sweetcollins: 9:44am On Oct 26, 2018
Sorry
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Factfinder1(m): 9:44am On Oct 26, 2018
Now that it has gotten this far the useless Nigerian police and apc will rush and attend to this to safe face... ...shameful and very unwise to ever fie for this country
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by okomile(f): 9:44am On Oct 26, 2018
Pathetic.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by yinchar(m): 9:45am On Oct 26, 2018
When would we get things right in this country?

Isn’t there any form of insurance that cater for disability in the Nigeria Police Force? A small monthly premium of not up to N5000/month should cater for disability, retrenchment and life insurance for all armed forces deductable at the source.

This is a policy that should be enforced nationwide either private or government parastatal. Insurance on life, disability and property is a must, it helps in the long run in unforeseen situations like this.

3 Likes

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 26, 2018
When you serve the country well, what you receive is abandonment. But if you steal from the country very well, you will receive both recognition, award and even followers. Nigeria is just an irony of whatever good we have ever read in books.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by AbdulHakeem44(m): 9:46am On Oct 26, 2018
when next the company calls a police against armed robbery attack, I wonder what to expect

3 Likes

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Princedapace(m): 9:46am On Oct 26, 2018
Just look at this..

This is what u expect someone to give his all..

The nigeria leaders are useless.. I can never ever serve this country until those who we pay to serve us do so properly.

Imagine if Buhari had issues like this, they would have spent the entire tax payers money treating him..

Democracy is not for the black race..

God help u bro. U can't find me serving nigeria..

Any ways, if u would like to learn how to work and earn money online, check my profile and carefully read my thread on how I work and earn money online as a freelancer..

4 Likes

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 26, 2018
cryPlight of the Nigerian Police Force
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Thomanad(m): 9:47am On Oct 26, 2018
The police and CHI limited should please come up with something and help this man.....
Seeing all tgis happening to service personnels you still expect others to gallant and patriotic?
I shame for this government

3 Likes

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Hamilton1(m): 9:48am On Oct 26, 2018
mak he retire abeg
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Austine2k: 9:48am On Oct 26, 2018
observing
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Premiumwriter: 9:48am On Oct 26, 2018
This made me really sad.

He probably had exhausted all other options, hence going to the media. Men are like that. They'd do everything underground only when it has become unbearable do they come out.

Just hope he finds something through this means.

1 Like

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Kaybaba5(m): 9:51am On Oct 26, 2018
God will provide and heal you
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by thugmansion(m): 9:54am On Oct 26, 2018
What a shame.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by hopevalley: 9:54am On Oct 26, 2018
I wish you quick recovery. However, click on the link on my signature if you are interested in making a huge amount of money from export of agricultural products from Nigeria to foreign countries.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aiye Cultists Attack Policemen In Ogun; Their Leader Escapes With Bullet Wounds / Adetokunbo Adenopo: Why I Became A Kidnapper - Pastor Confesses (Video) / Lady Was Brutally Attacked By Robbers In Abuja (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.