Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence (34875 Views)

Gunmen Attack Police Station In Anambra, Kill Two Inspectors, Free Detainees / Offa Robbery: SARS Tortured Us To Implicate Saraki, Petitioners Told Panel / Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by nairafamedotcom: 9:50am On Oct 27, 2018
The alleged billionaire kidnapper, Evans, has told a court how SARS officials allegedly tortured him and killed other detainees.

Alleged kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike alias Evans yesterday narrated to an Ikeja high court how he was allegedly tortured by members of the Inspector General of Police (IGP) Intelligence Response Team and the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), The Nation reports.

Evans narrated his experience during the continuation of a trial-within-trial at an Ikeja High Court where he is facing trial on a two-count charge conspiracy and kidnapping.

He is facing trial before Justice Hakeem Oshodi alongside five other members of his gang.

Before Evans’ testimony, a five-minute-33-second video recording was played in the courtroom.

The video recording showed Inspector Idowu Haruna, a member of the IGP Intelligence Response Team, sitting beside Evans, cautioning him and taking his statement.

Evans defence counsel, Mr Olanrewaju Ajanaku, however disputed the validity of the recording by claiming it was heavily edited.

Evans, while being led in evidence by Ajanaku, described himself as a businessman dealing in haulage and ornaments and resident at No. 3, Fred Soyebode Street, Magodo Lagos.

In vivid detail, Evans described how he was tortured by police officers after his arrest.

He said: “Inspector Idowu Haruna (member of IGP Intelligence Response Team) took me to Abuja and brought me back to Lagos where I was at the Inspector General (IG) Guest House at Obalende, Lagos.

“Sunny, the 2 I/C (second in command) to Abba Kyari Mr Christian Ugu, Mr Phillip and other police officers working with them were there.

“Idowu Haruna brought about 25 sheets of paper and asked me to sign. That day, my mind told me not to sign because it might be my death warrant.

“Mr Phillip put his hand in his pocket and brought out a brown hospital card. He showed it to me and told me to sign it, saying, ‘Do you think that we are joking here?’ He said if anything happens to me here, this card covers everything.

“Mr Phillip said the police would not be held responsible. And before I knew it, Mr Christian slapped me, and that was how they started beating me,” Evans told the court.

The alleged kidnap kingpin gave more details to the court how the police officers tortured him and made him witness executions in a bid to get him to admit to his crimes.

He said: “Mr Christian Ugu was smoking. He quenched the cigarette on my hand. My Lord, look at my head where they beat me. My Lord, look at my hand.

“They took me to the backyard of the I.G’s guest house. I sustained injuries on my head and body and Mr Phillip asked the policemen to walk on me. When I started bleeding, he said, ‘You think we are joking here?’

“At the backyard, I saw some people that I was paraded with. They were wearing leg chains. Some of them had bullet wounds on their legs and Mr Phillip ordered Idowu Haruna to bring a big brown cello tape, handkerchief and polybags.

“Idowu Haruna forced a handkerchief into the mouth of one of them. He used the cello tape to tightly tape his mouth and face and put a polybag over his head and cello-taped it. He used another poly bag and cello-taped it the second time and they left the man on the ground.
“The man on the ground was shaking. He pissed (urinated) on his body. He pooed (defecated) on his body, and after a while, he went quiet.

“Idowu Haruna went to the man and stepped on his body, and he was irresponsive. Then he told me, ‘Can you see? I have travelled him.”

Evans told the court that four persons were executed in the same manner by the police officers in his presence.

“I was brought before them and I started begging, asking them what they wanted me to do, and they told me to cooperate with them. I said okay, I would do anything they wanted me to do.

“Phillip asked them to take me to the house and he asked if I knew the method of killing and I said no. They said that it is called ‘Saddam Husse.

http://www.nairafame.com/2018/10/billionaire-kidnapper-evans-reveals-how.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 27, 2018
Idowu Haruna forced a handkerchief into the mouth of one of them. He used the cello tape to tightly tape his mouth and face and put a polybag over his head and cello-taped it. He used another poly bag and cello-taped it the second time and they left the man on the ground.

“The man on the ground was shaking. He pissed (urinated) on his body. He pooed (defecated) on his body, and after a while, he went quiet.

You see Nigeria police, A very special place is reserved for them in the hottest part of hell.

208 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Darls247: 10:17am On Oct 27, 2018
If it where in a developed country this man for don die or been in prison by now..we way no do anything dey here for prison while people who committed big crimes are going free.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by NotBeenPaid: 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2018

Evans and Buhari are no different from each other.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Hakeem12(m): 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2018
Evans still facing trial. Why hasn't he been sentenced already?

9 Likes

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Alepa(m): 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2018
Darls247:
If it where in a developed country this man for don die or been in prison by now..we way no do anything dey here for prison while people who committed big crimes are going free.
What are you typing
Is he going free?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by videkon(m): 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
Mr Evans, what did u expect from a sh*t_hole country?

sh*t_hole police and a lifeless presido

6 Likes

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by xcelentattitude(m): 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
Yet, he his looking fresh

Anyways, what do I know?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by chefremy(m): 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
This man was not tortured at all oo, check my status tho

2 Likes

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2018
He looks fresh tho....

Errrmmmm this is life ooooo you get what you do unto others.... Sorry Evans.

2 Likes

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Maxymilliano(m): 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2018
But that doesn't mean he's innocent of the allegations against him ..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by anyimontana(m): 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2018
Pls gather here if ur original certificates still dey with military

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2018
SARS is one the problems of this country, but I thought it has been overhauled lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Drakkernoir: 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2018
This one still has mouth to talk..

Person wey dem suppose don lock up, throway key to planet mars..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by shobroy10(m): 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2018
If u are not careful they will kill u too. I don't even know why dey nver kill u self

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2018
we know Nigeria police are the most useless but you deserve everything they are doing to you. they should do more

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by jbreezy: 12:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
K
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
Police are wicked but evans is wickedier

4 Likes

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2018
hmmm

Nigerian police and stupidity are like bread and butter...

In advanced countries, as long as this Evans didn't kill anybody, he will win this case with this testimonies.

Why should the police be killing people without trial? angry

Stupid country!

13 Likes

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by abeljane542: 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2018
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by dykedarlyn(m): 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2018
I still don’t know why the press gives this criminal attention like this; this is a mind game for sympathy from the judge and Nigerians

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by don4real18(m): 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
Sad... Really sad
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by kenbee(f): 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
I doubt no negative story about SARS for I was once a victim of their brutality all because I owned an average class car.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by ozowarac: 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
Nigeria police officers are murderers and virmpirs.

1 Like

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by SocialJustice: 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
iAudio:

You see Nigeria police, A very special place is reserved for them in the hottest part of hell.
Chills went down my body when I read that part.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Iphupa: 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
guess what Evans did to those he kidnapped,he gave them hell on earth..only God knows best..

3 Likes

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by Lordofthewest(m): 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
grin
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by 77up(m): 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
Darls247:
so sorry man , you need to do away from crime yea .

Hope it's not life sad
Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 12:49pm On Oct 27, 2018
Stop this mind game you are playing and face the charges you are being accused of..

2 Likes

Re: Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence by chijioke17(m): 12:49pm On Oct 27, 2018
The truth remains, we don't know what's true and not, but all I know is, there is a whole lot of truth in what I just read, and a lot of testimonies we see even here on no proves him right

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Kills His 22-Year-Old Girlfriend In Anambra / Man, 40, Caught Having Sex With Two-year-old Girl / Police Arrest The Student That Brought Gun & Teargas To School In Port-Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.