Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Please Help! I Need To Reduce The Size Of A Large Video - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help! I Need To Reduce The Size Of A Large Video (648 Views)

Reduce The Size Of Your Pdf Document Without Loosing Any Quality / A Guide On How To Reduce The Downtime On A Wordpress Website / 7 Steps To Reduce The Disc Space Used By Your Wordpress Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! I Need To Reduce The Size Of A Large Video by olab059(m): 10:50am On Oct 28, 2018
Hello guys. Please I need your help. I helped my aunt cover an event, and the phone I used was a windows phone. The video was just 30 minutes, but it turned out to be 1.6gig in size. I have been regretting using that phone, which I got from my friend, cos my Android battery was down, and she went along with me. Now, I have been having problems sending the video to my aunt.

I tried one time like that, over 6 hours, I couldn't successfully attach the video, and had to abort mission. I have also tried so many online websites to compress the video with no success. Please, can anyone help me out?
Re: Please Help! I Need To Reduce The Size Of A Large Video by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:11am On Oct 28, 2018
You've been using the wrong tools. I'm sure you're been trying to compress instead of cut down.
What you should do is use a video editor on either pc or a power video editor like fillmora to cut the video into pieces. Maybe like 4 pieces. Then you can upload the video to YouTube and download it back. YouTube will automatically compress the video while retaining the quality.
If you try compressing with all these Android apps, the video will lose its quality.
Re: Please Help! I Need To Reduce The Size Of A Large Video by olab059(m): 11:45am On Oct 28, 2018
Kelvin30286063:
You've been using the wrong tools. I'm sure you're been trying to compress instead of cut down.
What you should do is use a video editor on either pc or a power video editor like fillmora to cut the video into pieces. Maybe like 4 pieces. Then you can upload the video to YouTube and download it back. YouTube will automatically compress the video while retaining the quality.
If you try compressing with all these Android apps, the video will lose its quality.

Thanks a lot. I also thought about cutting it down to pieces, but the girl's windows phone couldn't download the app to do that. And the phone couldn't download Xender too. If not, I won't have this problem, as I would have gotten the video on my phone, and cut it down to bits. Thanks anyway, I will look for a way to cut it down on my laptop.
Re: Please Help! I Need To Reduce The Size Of A Large Video by tuhamworld: 1:02pm On Oct 28, 2018
There's one video tool that can compress video from like 1.6GB to 500Mb or lesser

The software was free to use before but its now premium
Re: Please Help! I Need To Reduce The Size Of A Large Video by Timothysam: 1:39pm On Oct 28, 2018
Send the video to your PC and get yourself total video converter (TVC), then convert to your choice size and format

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I'm Buying Established Quora Accounts (if You Have For Sale, Come In) / Two New Policy Naija Adsense With Domain For Sale At Cheap Rate / 6 SEO Mistakes You Must Avoid In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.