Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team (15625 Views)

Two alleged POS thieves burnt to death in Ebonyi; a Police officer involved. #GI / Father Of Tiyaniyu Kazeem 'Kaka' Holds SARS Officer Involved (Video) / Obinwanne Okeke Invictus Obi Has Associates That Need Investigating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by nairalaila: 4:52am On Oct 29, 2018
A police officer who was part of the police team that killed an ex-minister's daughter, Anita Akapson, has reportedly been drafted into the homicide investigating team. 

Recall that we reported that Anita Akapson, the daughter of a former Minister of State for Finance, Nenadi Usman, was shot dead in her Honda Accord car in Katampe area of Abuja on October 13 by four policemen including the female police officer said to be involved in the ongoing investigation into the incident.

Sources who spoke to Punch's correspondent claimed that the police officer was part of the investigating team, noting that her involvement in the probe into the case in which she is a suspect was unethical.

“We learnt that the female officer, whose name we don’t want to release for now, was involved in the investigation into the killing. We know for a fact that she was one of the police officers involved in the killing and so, we can’t fathom why should she be leading the investigation,” a source stated.

While the outcome of the investigation might be prejudicial in view of the roles being played by the female cop in the investigation, it was gathered that the  Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, had ordered the detention of those involved, which the Federal Capital Territory Police spokesman, Anjuguri Manzah, said the command had complied with.

However a thorough investigation into the incident, revealed that only the Superintendent of Police who fired the fatal shot was being detained.

https://lailasnews.com/police-officer-involved-in-ex-ministers-daughter-killing-part-of-investigating-team/

Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by Luminee(f): 4:55am On Oct 29, 2018
cry sad if the police can do this, who will save us from the men of the underworld.. check out my signature

7 Likes

Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by hisgrace090: 6:36am On Oct 29, 2018
Nigerian police will always remain the same.

The govt that can control them are not better.

My next hope now is on Atiku/Obi to the rescue.

11 Likes

Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by delzbaba(m): 8:16am On Oct 29, 2018
then there won't be justice

2 Likes

Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by hisexcellency34: 10:12am On Oct 29, 2018
That's another transmission, transmission

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by sojayy(m): 10:13am On Oct 29, 2018
And they say police is ur friend........ story for d gods

5 Likes

Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by Jaynom(m): 10:13am On Oct 29, 2018
Smh. The District Police Unit where the Homicide was committed should not be involved in the investigation.

4 Likes

Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by OyinO: 10:14am On Oct 29, 2018
Nigerian police is the biggest criminal organisation in the World.

11 Likes

Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by GoldenJAT(m): 10:15am On Oct 29, 2018
We keep getting things wrong in this part of the world!
Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by Primusinterpares(m): 10:15am On Oct 29, 2018
Fish out the bad guys...
Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by BruncleZuma: 10:16am On Oct 29, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by hisgrace090: 10:16am On Oct 29, 2018
OyinO:
Nigerian police is the biggest criminal organisation in the World.

Very seriouse!

1 Like

Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by MVLOX(m): 10:16am On Oct 29, 2018
reportedly..
Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by Felixalex(m): 10:17am On Oct 29, 2018
Primusinterpares:
Fish out the bad guys...

How will they fish out the bad guys when a suspect is among the team that's supposed to fish out the bad guys.?

1 Like

Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by Primusinterpares(m): 10:19am On Oct 29, 2018
Felixalex:

How will they fish out the bad guys when a suspect is among the team that's supposed to fish out the bad guys.?

seriously... that's a good question for the gods.

the NPF is a criminal organization.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by annnikky(f): 10:19am On Oct 29, 2018
undecided

1 Like

Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by Genniez(f): 10:20am On Oct 29, 2018
This days olopa and rape case has been trending..minister pikin hmm what a pity..rip to the dead ..flash back to the daughter of former gov ondo state murderers
Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by theoldpretender(m): 10:23am On Oct 29, 2018
This news report has a number of problems

1.It makes an assertion that the police officer involved with the shooting is part of the investigation

2.Then they refuse to give the name of the officer involved.

3.The report says at the end that the person who actually fired the shot is in detention.So how can a detainee be investigating his crime.

All I know is someone is essentially making an unproven allegation. Police abuse cases sell newspapers.

I know the Police get issues, but until I see evidence, this story amounts to lies against the Police.

So sorry, but I don't believe this news report.

1 Like

Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:23am On Oct 29, 2018
They've made mockery of the whole investigation or rather they've rigged the findings since it's concluded nothing tangible will come out of it.
So sad that the family will sit and await fake report
Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by domainsales18: 10:23am On Oct 29, 2018
Hey People,

Anytime you see members of the NPF, run for your lives, even though they are part of your family or friends...They can do and undo...They are moved by the spirit of destruction most of the times.

Majority don't live good lives, always beset with lots of financial, family, work, physiological and societal problems.

The NPF are NEVER trustworthy, friendly and reliable in their words and work.

If you agree, click LIKE, if you disagree, click SHARE.

1 Like

Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by eagleeye2: 10:28am On Oct 29, 2018
Ex-minister, please endure what other Nigerians have been enduring.
Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by ElectGINeer(m): 10:28am On Oct 29, 2018
Maybe they need her experience. Or which kind of policing we have in this country?
Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 29, 2018
I'm not surprised by this one bit.
Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by theoldpretender(m): 10:29am On Oct 29, 2018
annnikky:
undecided

So you are saying that everytime someone is killed by the Police, we should shoot two policemen at random.?

If we followed your suggestion, anarchy would result. And you won't like anarchy
Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by annnikky(f): 10:40am On Oct 29, 2018
theoldpretender:

So you are saying that everytime someone is killed by the Police, we should shoot two policemen at random.?

If we followed your suggestion, anarchy would result. And you won't like anarchy

As in some forces will take away two of their men then their brutality will stop angry
Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by theoldpretender(m): 10:43am On Oct 29, 2018
annnikky:

As in some forces will take away two of their men then their brutality will stop angry

No it won't

It would either end up with Policemen upping the violence and even justifying it on the grounds of self defence, or policemen refusing to do their jobs.

Either way, anarchy results.

There are better ways to deal with the problem
Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 29, 2018
theoldpretender:
This news report has a number of problems

1.It makes an assertion that the police officer involved with the shooting is part of the investigation

2.Then they refuse to give the name of the officer involved.

3.The report says at the end that the person who actually fired the shot is in detention.So how can a detainee be investigating his crime.

All I know is someone is essentially making an unproven allegation. Police abuse cases sell newspapers.

I know the Police get issues, but until I see evidence, this story amounts to lies against the Police.

So sorry, but I don't believe this news report.
you really lack understanding. just read,read and read till you can figure out the message
Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by annnikky(f): 10:49am On Oct 29, 2018
theoldpretender:

No it won't

It would either end up with Policemen upping the violence and even justifying it on the grounds of self defence, or policemen refusing to do their jobs.

Either way, anarchy results.

There are better ways to deal with the problem
I wonder if they'll follow this particular case to the end because in few weeks from now u will not hear about it again, the case of the nysc killed by npf comes to mind.
Re: Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team by theoldpretender(m): 10:50am On Oct 29, 2018
Mklanceee:

you really lack understanding. just read,read and read till you can figure out the message

Then give me the names of the investigation panel as well as the name of the police woman who did the shooting so that we can confirm the information.

Because lately I am getting uncomfortable with stories that have "sources said".

I know the npf is bad... but lying is worse

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Parade 22 Suspected Thugs In Niger State (Photos) / Odemu Efe, Nigerian, Died Of AIDS In Ethiopian Prison – Diaspora Commission / Customs Officials Clash With Asara, Sokoto, 4 Killed, Vehicles Set Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.