Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,994 members, 7,848,997 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:12 PM

Chelsea's Coach, Ianni Fined 6,000 Pounds After Clash With Mourinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea's Coach, Ianni Fined 6,000 Pounds After Clash With Mourinho (275 Views)

Bayern Munich Suspends Sadio Mane After Clash With Leroy Sane / Raul Jimenez Suffers Broken Skull After Clash Of Heads With David Luiz / Chelsea Coach, Sarri Sent Off, Higuain Furious In Ugly Scenes Yesterday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea's Coach, Ianni Fined 6,000 Pounds After Clash With Mourinho by Kingsmeal: 7:53am On Oct 31, 2018
Chelsea coach Marco Ianni has been fined £6,000 by the Football Association (FA) following his touchline clash with Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho.

Ross Barkley's stoppage time goal in the 2-2 draw with United on October 20 sparked a melee involving Ianni, Mourinho and Stamford Bridge stewards.

Ianni celebrated wildly in front of the seated United boss, prompting Mourinho to react furiously and try to confront him at the entrance to the tunnel.

The former Napoli assistant coach was charged with improper conduct and the FA confirmed on Tuesday that he has accepted the sanction.

"Chelsea coach Marco Ianni has been fined £6,000 after he admitted an FA improper conduct charge," an FA statement said. "It concerned his behaviour in the 96th minute of the game against Manchester United on October 20, 2018."

Mourinho had called for leniency to be shown towards Ianni after accepting an apology from him and Chelsea head coach Maurizio Sarri.

"I don't think he deserves more than what he got,"
Mourinho said. "He apologised to me, I accept his apologies. I think he deserves a second chance. I don't think he deserves to be sacked. I don't think he deserves anything more than the fact his club was strong with him.

"I hope everybody does the same as I did, which is not to disturb the career of a young guy. Probably, he is a great guy, a coach with great potential.

"End of story with me, is the minute he apologised to me. Let the boy work. Everybody makes mistakes. I made a lot of mistakes."

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/chelseas-coach-ianni-fined-6000-pounds-after-clash-with-mourinho/

Cc: Lalasticlala Dominique Mynd44

Re: Chelsea's Coach, Ianni Fined 6,000 Pounds After Clash With Mourinho by saintjimos(m): 8:09am On Oct 31, 2018
GOOD FOR BUSINESS
Re: Chelsea's Coach, Ianni Fined 6,000 Pounds After Clash With Mourinho by Naza25: 8:14am On Oct 31, 2018
A younger mourinho would have probably done the same thing. Mourinho used to be a rascal when he first arrived Chelsea all those years back

(1) (Reply)

Free Tips, Get Free Membership / Man United Directors Back Mourinho Over Juve Taunts / *why Do Barca Fans Keep Saying Guardiola Is The Best Coach*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.