Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,571 members, 7,837,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Joomla Expert Please - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla Expert Please (566 Views)

If You Are A Wordpress/php Expert, Please Come In Here / Blogging Expert, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joomla Expert Please by ponana(m): 9:38pm On Jul 19, 2010
Is it possible for me to create my complete joomla website on my system,install the components and allocate the appropriate modules, then zip the folder, move it to the web server, unzip and continue where i left off while it was still on my local PC?
Re: Joomla Expert Please by lojik(m): 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2010
Yes it is possible but you must also export the mysql database and import it on your server. You can do this via phpmyadmin.
Re: Joomla Expert Please by ponana(m): 10:03pm On Jul 19, 2010
How do i export the db.Please in lay man terms.
Re: Joomla Expert Please by jjjkkkooo: 10:16pm On Jul 19, 2010
ponana:

How do i export the db.Please in lay man terms.

To upload ur database
======================
- Go to your localhost phpmyadmin or any interface u use to design ur database
- click on export, type a name at the lower part of the window where it specifies d name field, click go. This will save ur database as a .sql file.
- Go to ur www.domainname.com/cpanel (this means u must have registered ur domain name and hosted ur site. You are just trying to upload all ur relevant files and database to the site)
- on cpanel, scroll down and click on mysql database
- click on import
- browse to ur .sql file
- click go
that's all!
Re: Joomla Expert Please by stephenb4r: 10:58am On Jul 20, 2010
Hi,

jjjkkkooo's procedure is correct.
Follow it step by step.
Note: You may need to drop the existing database.

Check this out http://www.instantwebweaver.com/?amigosid=1
Re: Joomla Expert Please by noibilism(m): 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2010
For me the best option is to use "Joomla Pack" A joomla component that allows you to back up your joomla website and re install it later (Just like the normal joomla installation) http://www.akeebabackup.com/.
Download the component,install it from the admin end and backup.Your website will zipped up automatically.You can now upload the zipped file to your remote server (online) unzip it and run the installation like a normal joomla installation.I hope this will help!
Re: Joomla Expert Please by inf8nity(m): 3:08pm On Jul 27, 2010
Just to add to what noibilism you can also download the kickstart module for akeeba from their which will allow you to unpack the .jpa file (the compressed version of your site) to your server.

(1) (Reply)

Who Need A Free Web Hosting / Web Designer Wanted @ Nextdaysite / Shared Web Hosting, Resellers Hosting And Master Resellers Hosting In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.