Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,836 members, 7,837,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today (4965 Views)

What I Saw In The New Queens Primer*pics* / Are Certificates Really Overrated? What I Saw In My Uncle's House / What I Would Do To Babcock Female Student, If She Were My Daughter! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today by M7even(m): 1:53pm On Nov 01, 2018
I'd donate for wiki before donating anything for my university lectures... They are Capitalist who call themselves Marxist. Sadist who call themselves parents

1 Like

Re: See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2018
i would realy love to donate after google wikipedia is next mehn no other site gives superb info/knowledge like them!! cool

1 Like

Re: See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today by Tats(m): 2:51pm On Nov 01, 2018
Just donated again to them

Re: See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today by Gmajor(m): 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2018
Negotiate:

Once they start making pennies, government and tax bodies will swing in. Counties like USA and UK will want to tax their revenue, not even minding that there are hardly any payments from those countries.

This your argument no make sense.
A lot of websites that have a fraction of the traffic that Wikipedia has are able to pay taxes, meet all their obligations and thrive.
Let them monetize their website joor.
Re: See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today by Gmajor(m): 3:06pm On Nov 01, 2018

I know that this opinion will not be a popular one but, I won't advise anyone to make donations to them.
Yes, the owner of Wikipedia created it to be nonprofit, but things evolve.
Starting out as a Non-Profit does not mean that you have to perpetually be a Non-Profit.
Wikipedia is a gold mine that when harvested properly could help a lot of Businesses reach more customers, help the owner support the website and even leave him with a ton of money to donate to charity.

Wikipedia, stop begging and monetize your platform to make the world a better place.
Re: See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today by Gmajor(m): 3:09pm On Nov 01, 2018
Learnstuffs:
Wikipedia is one of the most helpful websites out there. What we do not know is that the website is not even profit-minded upon all the traffic. It relies on donations from well-meaning individuals who love the efforts and selflessness of the owner of the website. Kudos to them

LOL. Am excerpt from the article says that Wikipedia is a place to learn, not a place to advertise. Who says it can't be both?
Mtchew
Re: See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today by Learnstuffs: 8:28pm On Nov 01, 2018
mehvo:
I just donated and you too should. A couple of dollars won't hurt your pocket but will help make knowledge more accessible. We've all benefitted from Wikipedia and this time they need your help.
Lalasticlala push this to FP. Most of your post contains links to Wikipedia and helping them gain awareness for the few Nigerians that will donate wouldn't hurt.
P.S I also edit on Wikipedia!

You are a good man.
Re: See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today by Learnstuffs: 8:30pm On Nov 01, 2018
Gmajor:

LOL. Am excerpt from the article says that Wikipedia is a place to learn, not a place to advertise. Who says it can't be both?
Mtchew

The decision not to monetise will help them in offering unbiased articles without sentiments
Re: See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today by tartar9(m): 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2018
The owner is worth just a million dollars,when he could have been in the ranks of other internet billionaires.
Re: See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today by Gmajor(m): 7:41am On Nov 02, 2018
Learnstuffs:

The decision not to monetise will help them in offering unbiased articles without sentiments

It's Wikipedia for crying out loud.. Anyone can post anything or even edit already existing articles. It's not like they report news or something like that.
Re: See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today by Iykesmooth: 2:24pm On Nov 02, 2018
postfut

Bro there's something I want to discuss with you, can you please contact me on what's app 07033845876 or you can give me yours
Re: See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 02, 2018
Iykesmooth:
postfut

Bro there's something I want to discuss with you, can you please contact me on what's app 07033845876 or you can give me yours

I am all ears.
Re: See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today by Iykesmooth: 7:52pm On Nov 02, 2018
Postfut:

I am all ears.

Bro I invested all I had into an investment platform on telegram which turned out to be a scam after all and that was all the money I had. My bank account now is less than 2k. I would have shown you if we were on whatsapp

The white lady named Samantha George scammed me of all I had after showing conclusive proof of payment as well as video testimonies from different people . I suspect that the investment does exist but she acted as an imposter and created her own group while copying everything the real genuine trader did. Which makes it impossible to know she's the fake. Story of my life

Please bro I need financial assistance from you . Money to feed now is gonna be a problem until I get paid in 2 weeks time. Plus I owe a debt of 50k to be paid next Wednesday or I'll be in trouble.... I don't want to call any amount as u owe me nothing. I'm just saying whatever you can spare me now I'll take. No matter how little

Or if there's a job I can quickly do (no matter how hard) to raise funds asap then I will do it. Please bro assist me anyway you can
Re: See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 02, 2018
Iykesmooth:

Bro I invested all I had into an investment platform on telegram which turned out to be a scam after all and that was all the money I had. My bank account now is less than 2k. I would have shown you if we were on whatsapp

The white lady named Samantha George scammed me of all I had after showing conclusive proof of payment as well as video testimonies from different people . I suspect that the investment does exist but she acted as an imposter and created her own group while copying everything the real genuine trader did. Which makes it impossible to know she's the fake. Story of my life

Please bro I need financial assistance from you . Money to feed now is gonna be a problem until I get paid in 2 weeks time. Plus I owe a debt of 50k to be paid next Wednesday or I'll be in trouble.... I don't want to call any amount as u owe me nothing. I'm just saying whatever you can spare me now I'll take. No matter how little

Or if there's a job I can quickly do (no matter how hard) to raise funds asap then I will do it. Please bro assist me anyway you can

mention me on a dead thread
Re: See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today by Iykesmooth: 5:13pm On Nov 03, 2018
Postfut:

mention me on a dead thread

Boss I have mentioned you on dead threads. Did you see it? Or have you chosen to abandon me too? If that's the case. Please let me know and I'll never disturb you again.

Even though you owe me nothing. Do reply me so that I can know for sure that you are not willing to help me anymore then I can resign to my fate

Thanks
Re: See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2018
Iykesmooth:

Boss I have mentioned you on dead threads. Did you see it? Or have you chosen to abandon me too? If that's the case. Please let me know and I'll never disturb you again.

Even though you owe me nothing. Do reply me so that I can know for sure that you are not willing to help me anymore then I can resign to my fate

Thanks

grin grin Nope I didn't. Just waiting for Monday to make any move. weekends are kinda hard to send anything. By the way I do not have access to the email I use for Nairaland so don't bother sending a message there.
Re: See What I Saw On Wikipedia Today by Iykesmooth: 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2018
Postfut:

grin grin Nope I didn't. Just waiting for Monday to make any move. weekends are kinda hard to send anything. By the way I do not have access to the email I use for Nairaland so don't bother sending a message there.

That's a relief. Very well then till Monday

(1) (2) (Reply)

Students Of ESUT Storm School In Convoy, Park Cars Where VC Was Meant To Pack / I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before / Is There Anything Like "Grinded Pepper" ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.