Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo (12053 Views)

Man Who Purposely Infected Several Women With HIV In Maryland / Schoolgirl Flogged In Ilorin, Leg Infected Over School Fees. Photos / Greek Woman: "Edo Ashawo Infected My Married Nigerian Friend With HIV" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by GistmoreNG: 7:19am On Nov 01, 2018
A man identified as Chiwendu Iwuamadi has been arrested by the the Imo State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps for allegedly selling poisonous meat infected with tuberculosis to consumers in the state.

Punch Metro reports that Iwuamadi, 33, who hails from the Aboh Mbaise Local Government Area of the state, was arrested after allegedly selling the poisonous meat to a customer, who was an undercover operative of the corps.

Parading the suspect on Wednesday, at the command headquarters in Owerri, the state Commandant of the corps, Mr Raji Ibrahim, said Iwuamadi was arrested on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 on Egbu Road, Owerri.

Ibrahim, who stated that the lumps of meat sold by the said suspect were tested and certified poisonous by relevant personnel, added that Iwuamadi was known for the crime, and had been placed under surveillance by the corps undercover operatives.

He said:

Veterinary doctors, who conducted tests on the pieces of meat sold by Iwuamadi, confirmed that the meat was infected with tuberculosis and not recommended for consumption”.

“However, we gathered that after burying these condemned lumps of meat, the suspect would exhume them from where they were buried, wash and sell them for consumption.”

Iwuamadi, however, said he was a worker in an abattoir, adding that the pieces of meat he sold were the pieces gathered from cow legs, which were called tie-tie.

He said:

I gathered the pieces of meat on Friday and sold to one customer the same day for N600. To my surprise, when I came to the abattoir the next day (Saturday), I was called that some officers and veterinary doctors were looking for me.

“I did not run because I did not nurse any fear that I had committed any offence.

“But they arrested me and said my stock-in-trade was selling of poisonous meat to people.”

BY GISTMORE - http://gistmore.com/man-arrested-allegedly-selling-meat-infected-tuberculosis-imo

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by GistmoreNG: 7:19am On Nov 01, 2018
sad
Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 01, 2018
I didn't know meat or cattle could be infected with Tuberculosis.

All the ignoramuses who just got enlightened, gather here for a selfie.

15 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by Kingosytex(m): 7:31am On Nov 01, 2018
na wa o!! everybody just de try augment by any means.

dis is nigeria!!!
Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by LuciferYaweh: 7:40am On Nov 01, 2018
I just booked this space for no reason at all

*spits angry

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by thesicilian: 7:53am On Nov 01, 2018

“However, we gathered that after burying these condemned lumps of meat, the suspect would exhume them from where they were buried, wash and sell them for consumption.”

Some Nigerians are more wicked than the devil.

9 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by thesicilian: 7:54am On Nov 01, 2018
Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:21am On Nov 01, 2018
CASTRATE HIM NOW!
Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by koolgee(m): 8:21am On Nov 01, 2018
This is wickedness in high order

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:22am On Nov 01, 2018
GistmoreNG:
A man identified as Chiwendu Iwuamadi has been arrested by the the Imo State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps for allegedly selling poisonous meat infected with tuberculosis to consumers in the state.

Ibrahim, who stated that the lumps of meat sold by the said suspect were tested and certified poisonous by relevant personnel, added that Iwuamadi was known for the crime, and had been placed under surveillance by the corps undercover operatives.

He said:

Veterinary doctors, who conducted tests on the pieces of meat sold by Iwuamadi, confirmed that the meat was infected with tuberculosis and not recommended for consumption”.

Iwuamadi, however, said he was a worker in an abattoir, adding that the pieces of meat he sold were the pieces gathered from cow legs, which were called tie-tie.

He said:

I gathered the pieces of meat on Friday and sold to one customer the same day for N600. To my surprise, when I came to the abattoir the next day (Saturday), I was called that some officers and veterinary doctors were looking for me.

“I did not run because I did not nurse any fear that I had committed any offence.

“But they arrested me and said my stock-in-trade was selling of poisonous meat to people.”

BY GISTMORE - http://gistmore.com/man-arrested-allegedly-selling-meat-infected-tuberculosis-imo

Hmmmm the story is not adding up!

The man works in an abattoir, no pishure evidence of him digging up the buried meat undecided

Which of his customers has he infected with tuberculosis

I think these northern Nigerian police are hatching another conspiracy that is bigger than what we are hearing right now!

We no won eat una cow again undecided na by force

Anyways, Charge him to court and present your evidence!

I think the meat seller has stepped on a toe and they are all out for him!

I rise!

4 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 01, 2018
No wonder people are dropping left and right.

Igbo Amaka.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by kingthreat(m): 8:23am On Nov 01, 2018
These people will sell anything to make money. Even their children. No wonder there's an upsurge of baby factories in the East. Na hustle according to them.

4 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by mandax: 8:23am On Nov 01, 2018
Chai!!
Mbafive again.

Well, do we not try one of them as Imo governor this time?
Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by xeyor: 8:27am On Nov 01, 2018
Allegedly,its not his fault no more

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by yocejafulatryz: 8:29am On Nov 01, 2018
people are too wicked
Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by konkonbilo(m): 8:32am On Nov 01, 2018
angry
Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by Naijawebmaster: 8:32am On Nov 01, 2018
Why bury them when you can just burn them. Enlightened peeps in the house, does it mean when the meat is boiled it is still infected?

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by mandax: 8:32am On Nov 01, 2018
GistmoreNG:

Punch Metro reports that Iwuamadi, 33, who hails from the Aboh Mbaise Local Government Area of the state, was arrested after allegedly selling the poisonous meat to a customer, who was an undercover operative of the corps.

Parading the suspect on Wednesday, at the command headquarters in Owerri, the state Commandant of the corps, Mr Raji Ibrahim, said Iwuamadi was arrested on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 on Egbu Road, Owerri.

He said:

He said:

Suspicious.

Sounds like Set-up by enemy?

Read through down and you know it is like a set-up.

4 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 01, 2018
Why
Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by ipobarethieves: 8:36am On Nov 01, 2018
sad angry everything nah development for the PIGS..Fake wine,baby factory,fully human for ritual,prostitu2 all evil/demonic, nah dem dem..Ipobaredeity

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by SarkinYarki: 8:37am On Nov 01, 2018
kennygee:
I didn't know meat or cattle could be infected with Tuberculosis.

All the ignoramuses who just got enlightened, gather here for a selfie.

Fulani cows are heavy vectors for tuberculosis especially their milk and that why it's banned from export to Europe
Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by ipobarethieves: 8:40am On Nov 01, 2018
bEAST pipu dem.Evil/wickedness is their lifestyle. Nah dem dey do fake engine oil,fake malt,"Samsong" charger.etc.D Authority shud gather all his fl@theads family there, cook that meat for the bastard, friend, family.Spit

4 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by ruggedtimi(m): 8:42am On Nov 01, 2018
now i wont be able to buy meat in owerri
Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by mfm04622: 8:52am On Nov 01, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Hmmmm the story is not adding up!

The man works in a abattoir, no pishure evidence of him digging up the buried meat undecided

Which of his customers has he infected with tuberculosis

I think these northern Nigerian police are hatching another conspiracy that is bigger than what we are hearing right now!

We no won eat una cow again undecided na by force

Anyways, Charge him to court and present your evidence!

I think the meat seller has stepped on a toe and they are all out for him!

I rise!

The meat he sold to undercover security agent was tested and confirmed to be infected with Bovine Tuberculosis!
Above is the summary since it seems you don't understand the write up

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by ipobarethieves: 8:54am On Nov 01, 2018
smiley wink grin grin cheesy wink smiley cheesy grin angry lipsrsealed cheesy grin angry Fl@theads,slaves,immigrants, pigs,osuslate

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by mfm04622: 8:56am On Nov 01, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Fulani cows are heavy vectors for tuberculosis especially their milk and that why it's banned from export to Europe

1. The kind of cattle we have in Nigeria is not palatable compared to beef Europeans are used to!
2. Is it the meat or milk that is banned from export to Europe?If milk, we don't produce enough milk to even meet local demand. If beef, kindly provide evidence of when this was done.
Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by seunH: 9:04am On Nov 01, 2018
Naijawebmaster:
Why bury them when you can just burn them. Enlightened peeps in the house, does it mean when the meat is boiled it is still infected?
Yes sir it may still be infected depending on the infective agent . There are some microorganisms that have the capability to withstand high temperature (thermophiles) and since the boiling point of water during cooking is about 100 degrees, they may survive. Also sir, some microorganisms have the ability to form shells and protective covering around themselves example Mycobacteria tuberculosis, which may limit the effect of heat on them. The funny part is many people contact a lot of diseases from eating all these meat and milk products, it was even discovered recently that a bacteria called Brucella spp causes miscarriage in women and an average man can never detect this bacteria in meat/milk except a Vet, hence a lot of women suffer from miscarriage and then blame their village people!! without knowing it was the meat they ate. Finally all these above problems can be solved if veterinary practice is taken seriously by the government and appropriate laws and enforcement process is put in place.

9 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by Naijawebmaster: 9:11am On Nov 01, 2018
seunH:

Yes sir it may still be infected depending on the infective agent . There are some microorganisms that have the capability to withstand high temperature (thermophiles) and since the boiling point of water during cooking is about 100 degrees, they may survive. Also sir, some microorganisms have the ability to form shells and protective covering around themselves example Mycobacteria tuberculosis, which may limit the effect of heat on them. The funny part is many people contact a lot of diseases from eating all these meat and milk products, it was even discovered recently that a bacteria called Brucella spp causes miscarriage in women and an average man can never detect this bacteria in meat/milk except a Vet, hence a lot of women suffer from miscarriage and then blame their village people!! without knowing it was the meat they ate. Finally all these above problems can be solved if veterinary practice is taken seriously by the government and appropriate laws and enforcement process is put in place.

Thank you very much for the insight. I really appreciate.
Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:17am On Nov 01, 2018
mfm04622:

The meat he sold to undercover security agent was tested and confirmed to be infected with Bovine Tuberculosis!
Above is the summary since it seems you don't understand the write up
The undercover agent should show us the pictures of him digging out the meat from underground to affirm their accusations

For all I care the same people could have injected the animal with the disease

Who brought in the contaminated meat and buried the meat in the first place

We all know that these set of nepotic security men have being up to no good recently!

They lie at will. Their conduct even in Osun re-run can attest to what I am saying!

Ever since the military has being accused of trying to inject people with poisonous substance, the Eastern part now have their own ranch and coupled with the fact that the South strongly kicked against open grazing, I expected that such things will come up!

Upload the video of the man digging the ground and I will lay this issue to rest instantly if not,

Like I said it's a conspiracy, and that man was just a scape goat!

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Meat Infected With Tuberculosis In Imo by LadyHal1(f): 9:24am On Nov 01, 2018
LuciferYaweh:
I just booked this space for reason at all

*spits angry

always spitting...your mouth no dey dry na wah
so boring
get enlightened

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP / Black Axè and eiye cult war one beheaded on live camera - Video / I Was Molested Last Night By Two Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.