Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,489 members, 7,850,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:35 AM

this new apple device beats some laptops and up to 90% tablets ever made - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / this new apple device beats some laptops and up to 90% tablets ever made (1072 Views)

The New Apple Airpods Max / Locked Out Of Your Apple Device? — This Should Help / For Your Apple Device Repairs And Sales. Ipads. Iphones.iwatches.etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

this new apple device beats some laptops and up to 90% tablets ever made by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 01, 2018
Apple has just launched two products, Apple MacBook Air 2018 Edition, and Apple iPad Pro 2018 Edition. These two devices are great products, to begin with.

Now to the new iPad Pro, Apple has finally ditched the old design metric for a new one which I consider super awesome because we are tired of having different iPads looking the same. The curved back has been removed and replaced with a structure of the iPhone 4 and 5 if you are familiar with it, plus no home button too which literally means no fingerprint-ID but a face-ID system which I consider way cooler.

The home button was removed to achieve a bigger display just like we have on the new iPhone's, a whole different design with new specs, hmm, I think Apple is trying to gain something gain after it lost it position as the best tech company (check out the reasons).

Something is being introduced again, the Apple pen, surprised right? it uses gesture such as double tap to change brush size, switch to the eraser and so on to enjoy the flow with ease and how do users charge the apple pen, well it attaches magnetically to pair and charge wirelessly just like it is in the picture below.

with what have read about this device, mehhn this is a machine like it can run Adobe photoshop cc, awesome camera tech, Latest apple chip with a machine learning tech, and awesome GPU, upgraded IOS, big storage... I can choose this over some laptops and apple is closer to closing the gap between tabs and laptops

full specs: https://www.naijatech360.com.ng/2018/10/apple-ipad-pro-2018.html

Re: this new apple device beats some laptops and up to 90% tablets ever made by iconabblog(m): 12:54pm On Nov 01, 2018
This pad is a machine, it beats my laptop oo..this pad beats your laptop too...drop ur laptop model and compare, anyone
Re: this new apple device beats some laptops and up to 90% tablets ever made by SimplePlan34: 1:06pm On Nov 01, 2018
Core i9 8950hk, gtx 1080, 64gb ram 1tb samsung 970 pro m. 2 DRIVE IN RAID 0 for OS another 1tb m. 2 drive and anoda 2 tb ssd Asus g703 lappy. Not Mt own Sha oo but a colleague no actually d boss.
Re: this new apple device beats some laptops and up to 90% tablets ever made by SimplePlan34: 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2018
Back to d topic I have posted this before and there is no real benchmark software that would test this the Apple A12x (SoC) to a normal x86 cpu. To put Dat into perspective the A12 should be around 800-900 gigaflop of pure floating performance. Keep in mind that this include the gpu and the gpu is far more powerful than the cpu although not as intelligent. The cpu can receive out of order instructions but the gpu can not. Think of it as supervisor and his workers. The supervisor take instruction break dem down and gives his workers that's how the cpu and gpu work hand in hand. With the gpu mainly processing graphic operations in raster processing. General processing GPUs are the order of the day. So d scope of gpu processing is been increased to video and even artifical intelligence, even Ray tracing. A high end mobile cpu the Intel core i9 8950hk is around 122 gigaflop while a gtx 1080 can perform over 9 teraflop floating performance. A low end GPU seen in laptops that around the 600-900 dollar d gtX 1050 is around 2.1 teraflop. The truth is the only core base for measurement of computing devices is their floating performance and d pc still kills any mobile device. But a SoC is designed to just do specific task and is out of order processing capabilities narrow. That's why you can play a 720p video on a 30k android phone but might not on anetbook without stuttering at d end of the day trying to read meaning into what Apple has said is a wild goose chase. It's a pure apples to oranges comparison.

2 Likes

Re: this new apple device beats some laptops and up to 90% tablets ever made by kollybaba22: 4:54pm On Nov 01, 2018
this one make sense ooo

1 Like

Re: this new apple device beats some laptops and up to 90% tablets ever made by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 01, 2018
SimplePlan34:
Back to d topic I have posted this before and there is no real benchmark software that would test this the Apple A12x (SoC) to a normal x86 cpu. To put Dat into perspective the A12 should be around 800-900 gigaflop of pure floating performance. Keep in mind that this include the gpu and the gpu is far more powerful than the cpu although not as intelligent. The cpu can receive out of order instructions but the gpu can not. Think of it as supervisor and his workers. The supervisor take instruction break dem down and gives his workers that's how the cpu and gpu work hand in hand. With the gpu mainly processing graphic operations in raster processing. General processing GPUs are the order of the day. So d scope of gpu processing is been increased to video and even artifical intelligence, even Ray tracing. A high end mobile cpu the Intel core i9 8950hk is around 122 gigaflop while a gtx 1080 can perform over 9 teraflop floating performance. A low end GPU seen in laptops that around the 600-900 dollar d gtX 1050 is around 2.1 teraflop. The truth is the only core base for measurement of computing devices is their floating performance and d pc still kills any mobile device. But a SoC is designed to just do specific task and is out of order processing capabilities narrow. That's why you can play a 720p video on a 30k android phone but might not on anetbook without stuttering at d end of the day trying to read meaning into what Apple has said is a wild goose chase. It's a pure apples to oranges comparison.

Please note that the architectural differences between a CPU and GPU are highly dependent on the the specific GPUs/CPUs.

Apple has dominated the tablets market and it is safe to say they are the best in that market segment.

Like you stated, it is out of place to compare their chipsets to Intel/AMD processors (though marketing is allowed)

If the A12 is so powerful, they would have had it in their own laptops but they went for the latest Intel processors. (that says it all)
Re: this new apple device beats some laptops and up to 90% tablets ever made by SimplePlan34: 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2018
simonjo:

Please note that the architectural differences between a CPU and GPU are highly dependent on the the specific GPUs/CPUs.

Apple has dominated the tablets market and it is safe to say they are the best in that market segment.

Like you stated, it is out of place to compare their chipsets to Intel/AMD processors (though marketing is allowed)

If the A12 is so powerful, they would have had it in their own laptops but they went for the latest Intel processors. (that says it all)

We are saying d same thing. In between Der is a strong ru. Or d codes for osx is been re-written for arm its only a matter of time before they switch.
Re: this new apple device beats some laptops and up to 90% tablets ever made by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 01, 2018
SimplePlan34:

We are saying d same thing. In between Der is a strong ru. Or d codes for osx is been re-written for arm its only a matter of time before they switch.

A switch doesn't change anything.

Apple chipsets is ARM based which is RISC architectures
RISC architecture typically require fewer transistors and handle less complex instruction set.

Intel processors are based on x86 which is based on CISC architecture.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

NOKIA X6 Now Available With Express Shipping!! / DO YOU KNOW TECNO Pouvoir 3 Is Now Equipped With AI Technology / Help Me With My Samsung!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.