Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

How Lucrative Is Uber Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Lucrative Is Uber Business? (11839 Views)

Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. / How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? / Please How Lucrative Is Coconut Oil Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2018
. I was told the driver would be going home with the car. How do I entrust a car in the care of a stranger? Does Uber platform have any security measure for this.

How lucrative is this business? Is it really worth it especially when you're hiring a driver?
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by Bazikd(m): 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2018
WHERE DO U RESIDE?
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by Rollitout: 1:28pm On Nov 02, 2018
yettymuse:
. I was told the driver would be going home with the car. How do I entrust a car in the care of a stranger? Does Uber platform have any security measure for this.

How lucrative is this business? Is it really worth it especially when you're hiring a driver?

Install tracker in ur car
The give it out on hire purchase

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 02, 2018
Rollitout:

ooh.. I thought the driver 'delivers' a stipulated amount on weekly bases and the owner still maintains ownership of the car.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 02, 2018
Rollitout:

ooh.. I thought the driver 'delivers' a stipulated amount on weekly bases and the owner still maintains ownership of the car.
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by OldBeer: 1:45pm On Nov 02, 2018
yettymuse:
Enter the uber thread.
There are people willing to answer all your questions.

7 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by WendySalisu: 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2018
Starting an Uber business in Nigeria is very lucrative and of course the car belongs to you, the driver doesn't have to take it home every night. The best way to go about it is to operate like the uber driver is your personal driver. after all, if he is your personal driver he would have to take you everywhere you want all through the day and take you back home leaving the car and going his way. so I think that is the best way to go about it except you want to use it for hire purchase which is also a good idea because when the driver knows he would have to be paying a specific amount of money for a specific period of time before he can own it, he would most likely be hard working and won't treat the car anyhow.

If Uber business is the business you are looking to venture into any time soon and you need more money to get the car, you should visit www.pagefinancials.com to get a quick loan of up to N5million.

To me, this is a better side hustle for salary earners that live in Lagos.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 02, 2018
OldBeer:
Enter the uber thread.
There are people willing to answer all your questions.
kindly give me a mention on the thread thank you.
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by temmy6996(m): 2:35pm On Nov 02, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by taxiappguy: 2:56pm On Nov 02, 2018
yettymuse:

Register your Uber account here.
https://partners.uber.com/i/tgvpzbzxue
I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have.
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 02, 2018
yettymuse:

Depending on the car you intend to use and your expectations.

Get a comprehensive insurance for the car, register it on Uber platform - partners.uber.com and the driver you recruited would registered on Taxify if he want to drive on taxify too.

Get a car tracker (Not mandatory), go to uber thread to recruit a driver, prepare agreement and guarantor's form for the driver to sign.

Weekly remittance is around 30k - 35k weekly.

Car would be in driver's possession and ensure you do ask for physical inspection every week.

Also prepare for repairs works after some weeks or months depending on the driver you recruited.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 02, 2018
Rollitout:

Hire purchase means you're selling the car to the driver.

Rentals means the car is still your property and you collect rent weekly on the car
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by DAYOODS(m): 5:10pm On Nov 02, 2018
[quote author=yettymuse post=72620853]. I was told the driver would be going home with the car. How do I entrust a car in the care of a stranger? Does Uber platform have any security measure for this.

How lucrative is this business? Is it really worth it especially when you're hiring a driver? [/quote
Hi I'm an Uber driver . You can call me 07033208959 we can partner ...
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2018
TheCar:

Depending on the car you intend to use and your expectations.

Get a comprehensive insurance for the car, register it on Uber platform - partners.uber.com and the driver you recruited would registered on Taxify if he want to drive on taxify too.

Get a car tracker (Not mandatory), go to uber thread to recruit a driver, prepare agreement and guarantor's form for the driver to sign.

Weekly remittance is around 30k - 35k weekly.

Car would be in driver's possession and ensure you do ask for physical inspection every week.

Also prepare for repairs works after some weeks or months depending on the driver you recruited.
Thank you sir. This is well explained. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by Speedyconnect15: 5:50pm On Nov 03, 2018
TheCar:

Hire purchase means you're selling the car to the driver.

Rentals means the car is still your property and you collect rent weekly on the car

Oga Car.
Please I stumbled across where you mentioned about buying a laptop in your diary.

Please which website did you get that from?
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by sam2kenny: 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2018
WendySalisu:
Starting an Uber business in Nigeria is very lucrative and of course the car belongs to you, the driver doesn't have to take it home every night. The best way to go about it is to operate like the uber driver is your personal driver. after all, if he is your personal driver he would have to take you everywhere you want all through the day and take you back home leaving the car and going his way. so I think that is the best way to go about it except you want to use it for hire purchase which is also a good idea because when the driver knows he would have to be paying a specific amount of money for a specific period of time before he can own it, he would most likely be hard working and won't treat the car anyhow.

If Uber business is the business you are looking to venture into any time soon and you need more money to get the car, you should visit www.pagefinancials.com to get a quick loan of up to N5million.

Only salary earners are qualified na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2018
Speedyconnect15:

Oga Car.
Please I stumbled across where you mentioned about buying a laptop in your diary.

Please which website did you get that from?

grin grin grin

My Diary Fan, thanks for reading my boring story. wink

The contact I used to buy the lappy is a Nairalander.

He has doing laptop sale offers when I was in the market for a new laptop.

1. You can search on Amazon for your preferred laptop, then contact temitimx.19 (Remove the dot, I don't want to tag him) to help you buy and ship it to Nigeria.

2. Contact mikky.angel (remove the dot) if he have any laptop deal currently running.

Hope that helps. cool

Apologies to the OP, for answering questions unrelated to Uber business on her thread. smiley
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by odaviour(m): 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2019
I
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by Williams004: 1:05pm On May 09, 2019
Hello everyone. I'm a new bie here. I'm looking to start the business as a side hustle cuz I'm a low income earner. I've saved up a little 500k and hoping to get a Nigerian used car. Pls which car will you advice I go for?

I wanted to try KIA Rio but I was seriously discouraged. I am also thinking of Toyota Camry the pencil light version but people are saying its expensive to maintain.

I really need your advice guys.

God bless us all. Thanks
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by sylve11: 10:57am On Aug 06, 2019
WendySalisu:

okay cool
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by victokafor(m): 5:19pm On Aug 06, 2019
WendySalisu:

Returning the car at every end of the day is tedious and not realistic..most drivers end their hustle very late in the night and some in the early hours of the morning. My advice to people is to put tracker in your car and then make sure u have a COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE..with that u can close your eyes and sleep.

Do u have a car and in need of trusted hands to manage your car? I manage cars on uber, taxify, intercab PLATFORM...u can contact me on 08025641112..
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by imhere: 10:26am On Feb 08, 2020
Uber business is very lucrative especially in Lagos and Abuja. If you have a car that meets their requirements as stated in this post; then you can be making #200,000 plus every week. There are many ways of running the business...
https://www.enibest.com.ng/all-posts/business/uber-business-in-nigeria-requirements-for-uber-nigeria/
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
If you reside in Port Harcourt and you in need of a car to drive quote me with your WhatsApp digit.
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by Boyka007(m): 11:04am On Apr 29, 2020
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by walkwithgod(m): 11:21am On Apr 29, 2020
Williams004:
Hello everyone. I'm a new bie here. I'm looking to start the business as a side hustle cuz I'm a low income earner. I've saved up a little 500k and hoping to get a Nigerian used car. Pls which car will you advice I go for?

I wanted to try KIA Rio but I was seriously discouraged. I am also thinking of Toyota Camry the pencil light version but people are saying its expensive to maintain.

I really need your advice guys.

God bless us all. Thanks

Bro, don't venture into Uber business.

It is overly saturated and not profitable as you'll end up spending all your earnings on repairs, olopa, lastma, agbero, etc etc.

You can do it if you are in Abuja but I don't support it Lagos (mega slum).

what you can do with 500k

1. Convert your money to dollars and lock it up in your domiciliary account. The naira is falling at a very unprecedented rate against the dollar.

2. You can start a dropshipping business with zero naira. All you need to do is have a smartphone, data and sense.

3. You can start a data vending business (during these covid times, everyone is on the internet watching videos and taking online courses)

4. Social media money (you can train / teach people about what you know in closed WhatsApp groups...u can charge 1k per student...let's say you have 50students...that's 50k)

There are free ways of making money without having money. You just have to think bro. THINK! THINK!! THINK !!!

reach me if you need more info....zero seven zero eight eight three one three four four nine.
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by northbird: 11:41am On Apr 30, 2020
imhere:
Uber business is very lucrative especially in Lagos and Abuja. If you have a car that meets their requirements as stated in this post; then you can be making #200,000 plus every week. There are many ways of running the business...
https://www.enibest.com.ng/all-posts/business/uber-business-in-nigeria-requirements-for-uber-nigeria/

You are a liar.

Theories, you have no experience in the industry.

You are not qualified to make an assessment.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by tunlapapa: 12:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
walkwithgod:

Bro, don't venture into Uber business.

It is overly saturated and not profitable as you'll end up spending all your earnings on repairs, olopa, lastma, agbero, etc etc.

You can do it if you are in Abuja but I don't support it Lagos (mega slum).

what you can do with 500k

1. Convert your money to dollars and lock it up in your domiciliary account. The naira is falling at a very unprecedented rate against the dollar.

2. You can start a dropshipping business with zero naira. All you need to do is have a smartphone, data and sense.

3. You can start a data vending business (during these covid times, everyone is on the internet watching videos and taking online courses)

4. Social media money (you can train / teach people about what you know in closed WhatsApp groups...u can charge 1k per student...let's say you have 50students...that's 50k)

There are free ways of making money without having money. You just have to think bro. THINK! THINK!! THINK !!!

reach me if you need more info....zero seven zero eight eight three one three four four nine.

Can you see how a dunce you are?
Can't you see that the post was made in 2019 for Christ sake?
And people like you are the likes that hover all around nairaland looking for who to scam all in the name of e-books and WhatsApp groups.

MORONN!

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by walkwithgod(m): 11:34am On May 01, 2020
tunlapapa:

Can you see how a dunce you are?
Can't you see that the post was made in 2019 for Christ sake?
And people like you are the likes that hover all around nairaland looking for who to scam all in the name of e-books and WhatsApp groups.

MORONN!

You are an e-diot.

I don't know why you are rambling like a diseased goat.

Get busy with your life son.
Re: How Lucrative Is Uber Business? by TIMIJAT: 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2022
kiss

(1) (Reply)

Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions / PART 2: NIGERIAN OIL INDUSTRY AND FUEL SUBSIDY: FACTS, MYTHS & HIDDEN TRUTH / As A Next Of Kin, How Do I Close a deceased Bank Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.