Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,775 members, 7,831,494 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

What Do I Do About My Mum? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do I Do About My Mum? (1400 Views)

I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me / My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! / Wife Introduction: My Mum Insists On Pregnancy First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do About My Mum? by Troubledmind: 5:46pm On Nov 03, 2018
I have been working really hard and saving some money, by may i gave my mum the money so she can help me buy stuff i can resell when the price skyrocket by dec, it is supposed to be an investment, when i resell those things I'll get like double of the money, whenever i come around and ask mum to show me those stuff i asked her to buy and keep, She'll tell me don't worry its safe, or she'll say don't you trust me, or she'll deflect and raise another topic, i trusted her so i just chill, until its time to sell it, i asked her about it and she started doing the same thing again, i got angry and insisted, only for me to realize she spent half of the money, to avoid doing something I'll regret i just left to a place where i can drink and think, she's like the only person i trusted, now this, what do i do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by Nwodosis(m): 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2018
Didn't your mum borrow money from you when you were growing up? Did she pay you back? You would have learned from that experience that business is not done with one's mother!
You just have to forgive her and count it as a bitter experience.
As a business man, if your mum wants to patronize you, it is advisable you cheat her and dash her money in return, she will appreciate that better than dashing her the product that she want to buy from you.

4 Likes

Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by Troubledmind: 5:50pm On Nov 03, 2018
Nwodosis:
You don't understand?

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by Nwodosis(m): 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2018
Troubledmind:
You don't understand?
I've understood
Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 03, 2018
Never do business with your friends & family members, else you won't be able to treat their fvck-ups when they err.

That said, tell your Mum that you have just consulted a Shango Priest - and that the Priest insisted you should first go & plead with her (your mum) to release the rest of the money before Shango is invoked. grin
Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 03, 2018
OP, u want to tell me you dont know how to throw punch?

Try throwing some at ur mother and see if heavenly thunder straight from over the seventh heaven will not descend upon u and break all ur bones.

You just have to forgive and forget it and then DONT DO IT AGAIN

Besides, if ur mum is in debt, it will be good of u to help her out of it. So see that money she took as ur move to help her out and seek God's blessings and reward for that.

And remember to ask for the rest of thr money if u still need it.

Again, dont do that kind of business not only with mummy but with any family member and even close friends unless u are 100% asured it is well.

Now leave that bar where u are drinking. that is anothet foolish move. before u spend all the remaining money that u should manage over drinks.

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by 46O1CE: 6:07pm On Nov 03, 2018
Troubledmind:
I have been working really hard and saving some money, by may i gave my mum the money so she can help me buy stuff i can resell when the price skyrocket by dec, it is supposed to be an investment, when i resell those things I'll get like double of the money, whenever i come around and ask mum to show me those stuff i asked her to buy and keep, She'll tell me don't worry its safe, or she'll say don't you trust me, or she'll deflect and raise another topic, i trusted her so i just chill, until its time to sell it, i asked her about it and she started doing the same thing again, i got angry and insisted, only for me to realize she spent half of the money, to avoid doing something I'll regret i just left to a place where i can drink and think, she's like the only person i trusted, now this, what do i do?
I hope you didn’t make this story up.

You said she spent half of the money ? Good ! Go and collect the remaining half ASAP and never ! I repeat never do any business with her again .
My 10 kobo

6 Likes

Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by ImaIma1(f): 6:08pm On Nov 03, 2018
Try and get over it quickly and learn a lesson from it.

Next time trust someone else or yourself alone as the case may be
Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by Troubledmind: 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2018
46O1CE:

I hope you didn’t make this story up.

You said she spent half of the money ? Good ! Go and collect the remaining half ASAP and never ! I repeat never do any business with her again .
My 10 kobo
Its not made up, its something serious, if it was someone else all hell would've let loose.
Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by Troubledmind: 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2018
ImaIma1:
Try and get over it quickly and learn a lesson from it.

Next time trust someone else or yourself alone as the case may be
So its now wrong to trust your mother?
Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by eyinjuege: 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2018
Your mum has just betrayed your trust. Shame really, but unfortunately many people can't be trusted with money.
Just count that money as a loss, because im sure she will not return it. If she has bought the things you requested with the remaining half of the money, collect your things and tske it away. If she hasn't even bought it, collect your money immediately, before that one too disappears.
At least, you can confidently take her off the list of those you can trust and send money to in Nigeria, to help you with projects if you get to live abroad.

2 Likes

Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by ImaIma1(f): 8:04pm On Nov 03, 2018
Troubledmind:
So its now wrong to trust your mother?

No it isn't. However, it doesn't mean that if he has money for an important project he should give it her again knowing she might spend it and he won't be able to react and it will jeopardize my he project.

It's just like my friend who lost her grandma (father's mum). They sent money for preparations plus for coffin to their dad. By the time they went for the burial, there was no coffin and a lot of things were not done. They had to do last minute fund raising. Will you advise them to trust their dad next time?

So to avoid stories, he should look for other alternatives.
Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by Troubledmind: 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2018
ImaIma1:

No it isn't. However, it doesn't mean that if he has money for an important project he should give it her again knowing she might spend it and he won't be able to react and it will jeopardize my he project.

It's just like my friend who lost her grandma (father's mum). They sent money for preparations plus for coffin to their dad. By the time they went for the burial, there was no coffin and a lot of things were not done. They had to do last minute fund raising. Will you advise them to trust their dad next time?

So to avoid stories, he should look for other alternatives.
She hasn't done this before, and no one knows she's going to spend it, the money was given to her to help buy stuff for resale.
Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by ImaIma1(f): 10:28pm On Nov 03, 2018
Troubledmind:
She hasn't done this before, and no one knows she's going to spend it, the money was given to her to help buy stuff for resale.

And you want to try it the second time? It is better you don't.If she can dip her hand into the money once, it is likely she will do it again... sentiments aside.

There are some people that will never touch money that is kept with them no matter how bad their situation is. They would rather call and request for money. Let's not be sentimental here. She was wrong to use out of the money. And you will be justified not to trust her with it again
Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by Cumtroller: 11:45pm On Nov 03, 2018
I won’t sugarcoat my words.

Your mother is a very dubious individual. A liar, a cheat and a thief. If she could do this to her own child, she can do worse.

Be careful, a word is enough for the wise...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by momokiddies: 2:54am On Nov 04, 2018
what your mum did was wrong. she placed her own selfish desire over your own well being. painfully, she deceived you making you think she's got the goods already.
if she was a role model to look up to, she would have told you earlier so you could know what to do. truth is, she is likely not to pay that money so do not expect it. count it as bad business ; collect the balance left and never trust her with money again.
she will try to blackmail you emotionally, but when it comes to money and business, shun her off. she's a cheat , a thief and a liar, yet she's your mother who probably love you most but she's selfish.
I have no problem with her using the money, but she never told you and made you believed she's got the goods and will often divert when you asked to see them. my dear that is fraud.

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by frozen70(f): 6:45am On Nov 04, 2018
At times people we trusted most are the ones disappointing us, but for your mum to be the one behaving like this is more painful

I will advice you forgive her, for she is your mother.

Don't talk about it again with her and still be the loving son that you are to her

She has taught you a lesson never to trust anyone in a bitter way

Don't ever raise that issue or discuss it with anyone even your siblings because of family politics

When next you safe plan it your self and execute it your self to avoid losing trust on people

"When you build in silent, your enemies will not know what to attack"
Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 04, 2018
Troubledmind:
lol. Mine did same to me though I actually wanted her to prove me wrong. I just knew.
Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by ifyalways(f): 2:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
Abeg go siddon. Is your mom bank? cheesy

Next time go get your stuff by yourself. She probably spent part of the half on you and your siblings.

Better go collect the half way dey with her before she use am prepare Sunday Stew.

Stew everywhere grin

3 Likes

Re: What Do I Do About My Mum? by divinelove(m): 8:51am On Nov 05, 2018
Troubledmind:

End time mum

Collect what is left, learn your lesson and move on

It's ur mum so u can't do more than that

(1) (Reply)

He Wants To Relocate, I Don't / Canadian PR Vs Elaborate Wedding / Pls Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.