Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope (1819 Views)

Forbidden Fruit | J. Cole (feat. Kendrick Lamar) {DOWNLOAD} / Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by DBR: 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2010
Heard this track off Cole's comin' album.
Dude is cold! Me think his album will Illmatic the game.

Link here:
http://allhiphop.com/stories/multimedia__music/archive/2010/07/19/22301644.aspx.

Watya think?

oNe
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by DBR: 7:13pm On Jul 20, 2010
With barz like these:

From a Civic to a Chevy must’ve died and went to heaven/
Like a passenger on 9/11 — please go find a reverend/

See, you n-ggas hated and I levitated further/
Knew I would kill the game, premeditated murder/

Say hello to Miss Thang, I forgot yo name, she yellow/
And even white women want a n-gga — Othello/
I’m ballin’ with nuggets, like f-ck it I’m Carmello/
Now the crib got much room -Portobello/

I’ma kill the game and invite witnesses/
No death penalty, I’m givin’ out life sentences/
Like keep grindin’ boy, your life can change in one year/
And even when it’s dark out, the sun is shining somewhere/

Real talk . . Dude is strait killin' it. This is a must cop album when it drops.

oNe
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by bouzymill(m): 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2010
DBR:

With barz like these:

Real talk . . Dude is strait killin' it. This is a must cop album when it drops.

oNe

For real. Been following this dude's sh!ts for a while now . He's one hell of a new school emcee. He's got a prequel album/mixtape out already, "the warm up" and the sh!t is onpoint. To take the mind out of the hype and fame right now, He's nicer than drake with rhymes plus is flow ain't sluggish.

The only problem is, He's on Rocnation and I just only hope his sk!lls don't get diluted so much that he releases a pop album! Juz thinking.
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by bgees(m): 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2010
This song is not as good as The Last Stretch or Who Dat.
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by DBR: 9:40am On Jul 21, 2010
bouzymill:

For real. Been following this dude's sh!ts for a while now . He's one hell of a new school emcee. He's got a prequel album/mixtape out already, "the warm up" and the droppings is onpoint. To take the mind out of the hype and fame right now, He's nicer than drake with rhymes plus is flow ain't sluggish.

The only problem is, He's on Rocnation and I just only hope his sk!lls don't get diluted so much that he releases a pop album! Juz thinking.

Yea, first he got The Come Up, then The Warm Up, . .both dope mixtapes.
Tho i feel Drake will appeal more to pple thus push more units, I believe
Cole is doper n a tighter mc.
bgees:

This song is not as good as The Last Stretch or Who Dat.

Who dat was nice. . faster paced, but Premediated murder is realer and runs deeper.
Did u hear the production? Plus cole produced it by himself! And dude sang on the hook
yet didnt sound corny. .

oNe
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by bouzymill(m): 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2010
DBR:

Yea, first he got The Come Up, then The Warm Up, . .both dope mixtapes.
Tho i feel Drake will appeal more to pple thus push more units, I believe
Cole is doper n a tighter mc.
Who dat was nice. . faster paced, but Premediated murder is realer and runs deeper.
Did u hear the production? Plus cole produced it by himself! And dude sang on the hook
yet didnt sound corny. .

oNe

Yeah right!!! Though, I always want to clear this point. J Cole is a better MC though, Drake appeals more, not because he's a lilbit pop, but because of his sung verses, If he can only tune it back a little, He could win the minds of HipHop headz and even get props. I'v Heard "Dead presidents II" with J Cole and Drake both on it and I believe Drake goes hard too. Though, not a fan of Drake, I still think he's dope also. . .
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by hax: 10:15pm On Jul 22, 2010
Why do people bring up Drake in every conversation about J. Cole? Do they even sound alike?

It's like comparing Lil Wayne and Nas.

J. Cole is sick. Drake is not. End of.
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by chiogo(f): 10:46pm On Jul 22, 2010
hax:

Why do people bring up Drake in every conversation about J. Cole? Do they even sound alike?
Because they're both bi-racial. grin J/K

J. Cole is def. better.
Nice song but not his best.
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by osasp(m): 2:35am On Jul 23, 2010
yh man d dude is dope
heard hes also quiet smart - school wise
im coppin his ish when it drops ma
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by bouzymill(m): 10:58pm On Jul 23, 2010
hax:

It's like comparing Lil Wayne and Nas.

J. Cole is sick. Drake is not. End of.

nahh. . . It's liek that. JCole and Drake. Came up at the same time, But Drake chose the faster root and J Cole is still preserving his state of mind. They're both Light Skinned. Even the chic in 106 7 park or something like that, called J Cole, the new Drake. . . and his face was like "What Tha F!ck" . . . But you know, The girl knows little of what she was saying anyways. . . That's by the way.

When you said "SICK", I got your point straight. J Coal is a tighter MC sure, but what sets him apart from Drake is that he shows more of the "HipHop state of mind" than Drake. Drake is also good to a point. He's not wack and I'm sure would not do bad if he decides to go hard but the point is he just doesn't have the State of mind. So, when you say sick, I look at it from the angle of "who associates himself and makes Hiphop track more".

I'm not a drake fan, I just think he's not wack.

1 Like

Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by hax: 12:13pm On Jul 24, 2010
chiogo:

Because they're both bi-racial.  grin J/K

J. Cole is def. better.
Nice song but not his best.
They aren't even close.

Yup, heard many other better tracks from him.

bouzymill:

nahh. . . It's liek that. JCole and Drake. Came up at the same time, But Drake chose the faster root and J Cole is still preserving his state of mind. They're both Light Skinned. Even the chic in 106 7 park or something like that, called J Cole, the new Drake. .  . and his face was like "What Tha F!ck" .  .  . But you know, The girl knows little of what she was saying anyways. . . That's by the way.
she didn't.

When you said "SICK", I got your point straight. J Coal is a tighter MC sure, but what sets him apart from Drake is that he shows more of the "HipHop state of mind" than Drake. Drake is also good to a point. He's not wack and I'm sure would not do bad if he decides to go hard but the point is he just doesn't have the State of mind. So, when you say sick, I look at it from the angle of "who associates himself and makes Hiphop track more".
Point is, one is a much sicker rapper.
When Drake actually decides to rap and not sing, he still can't pull his weight (eg, Forever, Light Up, Think Good Thoughts feat. Phonte & Elzhi)

I'm not a drake fan, I just think he's not wack.
No, not yet. He's a little closer to 'suck' than 'sick' though. Average at best.
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by DBR: 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2010
C;mon Hax,
How culd u say Drake is closer to Suck than Sick??
Listen to Fear, You Know You Know, Do it all, Stunt hard, Still fly, Come back season.
He may not be a super lyricist like Lupe or Cole but dude doesnt suck.

oNe
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by hax: 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2010
DBR:

C;mon Hax,
How culd u say Drake is closer to Suck than Sick??
Leave me. I know I'm a hater. :p

Listen to Fear, You Know You Know, Do it all, Stunt hard, Still fly, Come back season.
He may not be a super lyricist like Lupe or Cole but dude doesnt suck.

oNe

On a scale of 1-10, I'd rate him as 5. I think he's just average.

Nothing special at all. Same flow, same subject, auto-tune, *ugh*
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by bgees(m): 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2010
I can't seem to understand the buzz about Drake. If I was given a free VIP ticket to one of his shows , I'd reject it impulsively .

So far I like just one of his songs and that is Killer feat Nipsey Hussle.
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by hax: 8:16pm On Jul 24, 2010
bgees:

I can't seem to understand the buzz about Drake. If I was given a free VIP ticket to one of his shows , I'd reject it impulsively .
oga, you dey vex gan o.

drake attracts the ladies like flies.

ladies = good
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by chiogo(f): 11:06pm On Jul 24, 2010
bgees:

So far I like just one of his songs and that is Killer feat Nipsey Hussle.
LMAO!!! LIAR! Don't let FL_Gators(Ileke_idi) see this. tongue

But yea, he's not special, he's not even cute. **ducks head**
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by bgees(m): 10:35pm On Jul 25, 2010
OK. I was exaggerating. cool
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by shotster50(m): 2:27am On Jul 28, 2010
J Cole is realer . Really cant wait for his album, but it would definitely be interesting to see how Roc Nation markets him.
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by Wordsmith(m): 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2010
@ hax,

Drake does pull his weight on some songs. listen to Fear, Killers feat. Nipsy Hussle and Scriptures. dude came right thru on them songs. . .
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by shotster50(m): 10:53pm On Jul 29, 2010
There is no doubt about Drake's abilities but a combination of being over exposed, going way too pop is just alienating a lot of his early fans.
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by wizkalif: 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2011
Personally I think both drake and J Cole are the two best young MCs around and can definitely hold their own .but J Cole’s delivery makes you think about 2 Pac in his earlier days(listen to J Cole featuring Kevin Cossom-Leave me alone) drizzy is laid back with lyrics that makes you wonder 'how did cat come up with that’
Re: J.cole -"premeditated Murder" Dope by shotster50(m): 4:47am On Feb 23, 2011
^^ Truth. Its a shame that Rocnation does not seem interested in pushing his projects, or maybe theres something going on that we do not know.

(1) (Reply)

The Rise Or Fall Of Dbanj's Music Career-from A Music Critic's View Point / Video: Praiz Ft. Wizkid – Sisi (official Video) / Audio And Lyrics: P Shantel Reign In Majesty Ft Preye Odede

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.