Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,580 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. (1571 Views)

She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me / Pastor Wilson Had Sex With His Wife's Best Friend's Daughter - Pastor Thaddeus / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 2:29pm On Nov 04, 2018
Guys,i need your advice.. I really have been trying to grow spiritually.
I have been able to convince some few folks about Jesus except this particular guy.
He brought all scientific and philosophical theories to disprove the existence of God. The same nonsense the umbelievers here seem to do.
Now he is telling me he would love me to be his best friend.
The bible says
"be not unequally yoked together with umbelievers,for what fellowship hath light with darkness,or what communion hath Christ with Belial or what agreement hath the temple of God with idols".
Friends please,i just need your opinion on this.
God bless!

1 Like

Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by vaxx: 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
Show him this thread......

https://www.nairaland.com/4069527/what-created-god-response-atheist

If your current bible understanding is not stopping you, there is nothing wrong to befriend him.

1 Like

Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by DeSepiero(m): 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
Why does he want to be your best friend?
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 3:04pm On Nov 04, 2018
DeSepiero:
He said he was impressed with my argumentative prowess.. I just don't understand him.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by DeSepiero(m): 3:15pm On Nov 04, 2018
Deckline:

He said he was impressed with my argumentative prowess.. I just don't understand him.

I believe he's cool with you, a little amused by you religious zeal, is a little older than you are, and would like for the both of you to share same ideology. Am I correct?
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
DeSepiero:

I believe he's cool with you, a little amused by you religious zeal, is a little older than you are, and would like for the both of you to share same ideology. Am I correct?
He's two years older than me but i can't share same ideology with him.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by DeSepiero(m): 3:33pm On Nov 04, 2018
Deckline:

He's two years older than me but i can't share same ideology with him.

Fine. Why can't you share same ideology by the way?

1 Like

Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2018
DeSepiero:

Fine. Why can't you share same ideology by the way?
I am a christian. A proud christian. I'm not gonna compromise my faith.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by 9tailskid: 3:53pm On Nov 09, 2018
"Impressed by your argumentative prowess"
Simply put the guy just wants to change you from a Christian to an atheist then use your fiery skills against Christianity.. Be guided
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 10:05am On Nov 10, 2018
9tailskid:
"Impressed by your argumentative prowess"
Simply put the guy just wants to change you from a Christian to an atheist then use your fiery skills against Christianity.. Be guided
Thank you.
Btw- I don't pity atheists. They deserve whatever punishment the most high hips upon them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Ihedinobi3: 12:22pm On Nov 10, 2018
Hello.

You seem to me to have good instincts. It is not wrong to be friends with unbelievers - that passage you brought up speaks of getting into committed relationships with them which may require you to compromise your faith, like marriage and some kinds of binding contracts - but it is certainly not necessarily wise. As long as you both can respect the boundaries of your beliefs, friendship between a believer and an unbeliever could work. Who knows, the unbeliever may even be saved by your witness over time?

But, as I said, it is certainly not something you should "just do". You have the Holy Spirit in you since you believe in the Lord Jesus. Listen to Him. He will guide you right. He knows whether such an association will serve your commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ or not. The rest of us can barely see the present clearly, much less the future.

For my part, it is hard for me to keep close friends who are unbelievers. As much as I care for my unbelieving friends, there is always that line that we cannot cross to each other so it is kind of hard to be "normal, carefree friends" with each other.

Grace remain with you, friend.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Uyi168: 12:30pm On Nov 10, 2018
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by orunto27: 12:39pm On Nov 10, 2018
He is anti-Christ. He will bleep all your Intelligence out of you before you become unsuitable for him.
Love is of God.
He loved us before we love Him.
He gave Jesus that only those who love Him will have Eternal Life.
And there is no greater Love than Jesus laying His Life for us.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2018
orunto27:
He is anti-Christ. He will bleep all your Intelligence out of you before you become unsuitable for him.
Love is of God.
He loved us before we love Him.
He gave Jesus that only those who love Him will have Eternal Life.
And there is no greater Love than Jesus laying His Life for us.
Thank you very much for this.
It is best for we christians to put things or people who have decided to become reprobates far away from us. Light and darkness cannot stay together.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 3:07pm On Nov 10, 2018
Ihedinobi3,thank you sir for your contribution. I keep umbelievers,atheists at arms length when talking about faith and human's fate. We talk on casual basis though and that is it. No strings.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by LordReed(m): 3:16pm On Nov 10, 2018
LoL. This is one cognitive dissonance I have come to find distasteful amongst religionists. Y'all assume unbelievers are incapable of love and affection then you meet someone who despite your differences, expresses genuine admiration and wants your friendship, you then turn around and blow him off because he is not your brand of religionist. Yet you'll go about spouting how you have the love of god. What a set of discombobulated humans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Ihedinobi3: 3:16pm On Nov 10, 2018
Deckline:
Ihedinobi3,thank you sir for your contribution. I keep umbelievers,atheists at arms length when talking about faith and human's fate. We talk on casual basis though and that is it. No strings.
I am very happy if I have helped you in any way.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
LordReed:
LoL. This is one cognitive dissonance I have come to find distasteful amongst religionists. Y'all assume unbelievers are incapable of love and affection then you meet someone who despite your differences, expresses genuine admiration and wants your friendship, you then turn around and blow him off because he is not your brand of religionist. Yet you'll go about spouting how you have the love of god. What a set of discombobulated humans.
No,you are mistaken. The bible says"love your neigbour as yourself".The bible also says"whoever does not love his brother abides in darkness".There are many scriptures which emphasized the preponderant role Love plays in the lives of christians.
My refusing his close rapport doesn't mean i don't love him.
The bible says "he who says he loves God and hates his brother is a liar for how can you hate your brother who you see and say you love God whom you haven't seen".
Do not be unequally yoked together with umbelievers.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 10, 2018
Deckline:

No,you are mistaken. The bible says"love your neigbour as yourself".The bible also says"whoever does not love his brother abides in darkness".There are many scriptures which emphasized the preponderant role Love plays in the lives of christians.
My refusing his close rapport doesn't mean i don't love him.
The bible says "he who says he loves God and hates his brother is a liar for how can you hate your brother who you see and say you love God whom you haven't seen".
Do not be unequally yoked together with umbelievers.
Op since u have made ur decision why are u now disturbing our peace,don't be friends with him nah,what is the big deal,this thread is not even necessary,u know the answer to ur question

1 Like

Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 3:58pm On Nov 10, 2018
darkchild64:

Op since u have made ur decision why are u now disturbing our peace,don't be friends with him nah,what is the big deal,this thread is not even necessary,u know the answer to ur question
My intention is to bring to the awareness of christians how very close communication with umbelievers can sever the relationship between them and God.
No caustic emoticons.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Anas09: 4:16pm On Nov 10, 2018
Deckline:
I have been able to convince some few folks about Jesus except this particular guy.
He brought all scientific and philosophical theories to disprove the existence of God. The same nonsense the umbelievers here seem to do.
The bible says
"be not unequally yoked together with umbelievers,for what fellowship hath light with darkness,or what communion hath Christ with Belial or what agreement hath the temple of God with idols".
God bless!
This is the Word of God. If He is your Master, you'd take His warning seriously.

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psalm:1:1

Don't keep company of anyone who insults your father to your face. If he disrespects your father, what will he do to you?
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Anas09: 4:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
DeSepiero:
He obviously want to distract him.
We choose our paths...
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Anas09: 4:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
Deckline:

I am a christian. A proud christian. I'm not gonna compromise my faith.
Good. Stand by your faith. He doesn't have anything going for him, he wants to destroy yours.

Ask yourself this. What do i stand to loose if i stand and die with Jesus? What is there to gain if i become Antichrist?

Remember, all atheists are Antichrist.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by kazyhm(m): 4:22pm On Nov 10, 2018
Deckline:
The bible says
God bless!

You are a BELIEVER and converting innocent minds to accept JUSUS as their personal Savior

But your Nairaland's signature indicated that you have been heartbroken in the past and refused to believed the only ULTIMATE law of your GOD ?

How do you operate exactly ?
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Anas09: 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2018
Deckline:

Thank you.
Btw- I don't pity atheists. They deserve whatever punishment the most high hips upon them.
Bros, the Most High hips no punishment for anyone. Just that the law of retributive justices catches up with offenders.

Adam was given a choice to choose between Knowledge and Life. If he chose life, he'd live, if chose knowledge, he'd have rejected life, then he'd die. He chose Knowledge in the place of Life, so he died. God didn't punish him with sickness, old age and death, he chose them.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 4:27pm On Nov 10, 2018
kazyhm:

You areca BELIEVER and converting innocent mind to accept JUSUS as their personal Savior

But your Nairaland's signature indicated that you have been heartbroken in the past and refused to believed the only ULTIMATE law of your GOD ?

How do you operate exactly ?
So,do you judge me completely based on my siggy now I live by faith and not by my signature.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by kazyhm(m): 4:29pm On Nov 10, 2018
Deckline:

So,do you judge me completely based on my siggy now I live by faith and not by my signature.

Yes. I'm judging as you're judging your supposed atheist friend

Your belief should reflect in all you do
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 4:29pm On Nov 10, 2018
Anas09:

Bros, the Most High hips no punishment for anyone. Just that the law of retributive justices catches up with offenders.

Adam was given a choice to choose between Knowledge and Life. If he chose life, he'd live, if chose knowledge, he'd have rejected life, then he'd die. He chose Knowledge in the place of Life, so he died. God didn't punish him with sickness, old age and death, he chose them.
The punishment i'm referring to is after death. Not karma or retribution of any kind. No mercy in hell. That is the punishment i'm talking about.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
kazyhm:

Yes. I'm judging as you're judging your supposed atheist friend

Your belief should reflect in all you do
I never judged him. You are just twisting my words.
As for my siggy,please don't even live by what you read about people. It could just be what it is "a signature"
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Anas09: 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
Deckline:

My intention is to bring to the awareness of christians how very close communication with umbelievers can sever the relationship between them and God.
No caustic emoticons.
Thank you. Your Sense correct.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Anas09: 4:36pm On Nov 10, 2018
Deckline:

The punishment i'm referring to is after death. Not karma or retribution of any kind. No mercy in hell. That is the punishment i'm talking about.
Okay.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by kazyhm(m): 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2018
Deckline:

I never judged him. You are just twisting my words.
As for my siggy,please don't even live by what you read about people. It could just be what it is "a signature"

Religion makes us judge people around us......reference to the verse of your moral compass you quoted.

It not just siggy as you indicated.......many Ziggys here are motivating and inspiring. why is yours against what you preach ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download These 40 Ebooks, Mp3 Audios And Videos By Dr. Mike Murdock {ecourse} / 7 Costly Mistakes Of People With Great Destiny / The Description Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.