Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen (29156 Views)

The Rolls-Royce Cullinan Viewing Suite Is The World's Fanciest Way To Tailgate / Coscharis Motors Activates The Rolls-royce Black Badge In Nigeria (photos) / How VW Lost The Rolls-Royce Brand To BMW 4 Yrs After Buying It For ₦200b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by obafemee80(m): 6:33pm On Nov 04, 2018

Have you ever wondered if the Spirit of Ecstasy Ornament ,that has been standard on all Rolls-Royce cars since 2004 ,can be stolen?

It can be stolen on all Rolls-Royce models before 2004… The Rolls-Royce Spirit Of Ecstasy have an history of being stolen for years . To replace it costs between $10-50k dollars .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj53HuWBfjE

This 45s clips from the Sales Director for Rolls-Royce Tampa Bay reveals what happens when a Rolls-Royce’s Spirit of Ecstasy bonnet ornament is tampered or messed with.

When touched or even at the slightest tap, the over-engineered mechanism ,that is made up of a sensors, 7.3 pound tangle of motors, metal and plastic ,forces the ornament back into the bonnet . If you think you are wise, you may end up losing your fingers.

Apart from being used as an Anti theft device, the concealing mechanisms was actually designed by Rolls-Royce engineers to prevent pedestrian injuries during collision and accidents .

Bentley also has a similar mechanism that hides the Flying B ornaments.

A one of a kind made of 150 carat diamonds and platinum was commissioned in 2008 and the asking price was $200k dollars, that’s almost the half price of a brand new Rolls-Royce Cullinan .

What do you think?

https://autojosh.com/see-why-the-rolls-royces-spirit-of-ecstasy-bonnet-ornament-can-never-be-stolen/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by 46O1CE: 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2018
What if I carry cutlass or hammer and hit it hard from th side . grin grin
Or I kuku destroy the bonnet and bring it out

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by HungerMustGo: 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2018
dem never jam Lagos area boys.

dem go comot am before the thing go remember to enter inside.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by Olalan(m): 6:47pm On Nov 04, 2018
Technology wonders......

1 Like

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by decatalyst(m): 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2018
46O1CE:

I cover my bicycle with the blood of hamadioha from crafty thief like you.

shocked shocked

38 Likes

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by 46O1CE: 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2018
decatalyst:

shocked shocked
grin grin

6 Likes

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by Kewtt: 1:57am On Nov 05, 2018
46O1CE:

APC supporters. Typical.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by 46O1CE: 2:02am On Nov 05, 2018
Kewtt:

APC supporters. Typical.
Carry your wahala and go

27 Likes

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by Kewtt: 2:08am On Nov 05, 2018
46O1CE:

Carry your wahala and go
Hehehe hahaha na you get am for wahala

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by 46O1CE: 2:10am On Nov 05, 2018
Kewtt:

Hehehe hahaha na you get am for wahala
oga goodnight

2 Likes

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by downloadproject(f): 7:00am On Nov 05, 2018
some people like to steal

1 Like

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by ednut1(m): 7:00am On Nov 05, 2018
None of us here has this car. So how e take concern us

12 Likes

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by letout: 7:00am On Nov 05, 2018
They’ll steal the spirit in Nigeria and the car itself

6 Likes

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by CarGuideNG: 7:02am On Nov 05, 2018
Exquisite craftsmanship
Planning to buy a car? Customized accident/flood VIN history reports for car buyers and owners in signature.
Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by farano(f): 7:02am On Nov 05, 2018
My dream car kiss with faith all things are possible u know..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by RexEmmyGee: 7:02am On Nov 05, 2018
Hit it will sledge hammer it must go inside. There is nothing like losing of finger. That definitely makes you wise refuting what he said.
Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by interswitch: 7:03am On Nov 05, 2018
46O1CE:
Thief! Olebarawo!

4 Likes

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by Sig4real(m): 7:03am On Nov 05, 2018
46O1CE:

Lol.... grin
Where is this man from?
9ja no go ever carry last
Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by FOWOSHERE01(m): 7:04am On Nov 05, 2018
Mushin boiz go plan for am
Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by Blabbermouth: 7:05am On Nov 05, 2018
The Ornament, the bonnet, the car, even the owner sef. Aba boiz are talented sha

1 Like

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by obaataaokpaewu: 7:05am On Nov 05, 2018
Tortoise
Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by mudiana(m): 7:05am On Nov 05, 2018
This car never hear of "touch and follow". If one ijebu boy use am, na rolls Royce go dey beg by that time.

2 Likes

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by NobleRomm(m): 7:06am On Nov 05, 2018
HungerMustGo:
dem never jam Lagos area boys.
dem go comot am before the thing go remember to enter inside.

Some comment shall�
Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by BestDude: 7:07am On Nov 05, 2018
ednut1:
None of us here has this car. So how e take concern us
Bros, I have this car, I say I have this car.... Right inside my beautiful luxury Night dream.... shocked

1 Like

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by Jayslicky: 7:08am On Nov 05, 2018
People will still use juju on the car, I swear!!!. Nigerians always find ways to manipulate a thing

1 Like

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by CaptainFM1: 7:08am On Nov 05, 2018
Funny, Smart thieves from Nigeria will use Pliers to wedge it from the neck and smack it out with a hammer.

1 Like

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by Franklyspeakin: 7:10am On Nov 05, 2018
This one na show. If truly it can't be stolen make them come park am for mushin for one night make we know if e pass boys or boys pass am. In fact na only antenna go remain.

5 Likes

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by adisabarber(m): 7:11am On Nov 05, 2018
46O1CE:

What will you do with a damaged hood ornament?

2 Likes

Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by ashjay001(m): 7:12am On Nov 05, 2018
decatalyst:

shocked shocked

Crafty or crude undecided
Re: See Why The Rolls-royces "Spirit Of Ecstasy" Bonnet Ornament Can Never Be Stolen by cenaman(m): 7:12am On Nov 05, 2018
when i use monday hammer how ee wan take run go inside?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mercedes Spies On Drivers By Installing "Big Brother" Tracking Devices In Cars / Which Toyota Sienna Is Best For Use In Public Transportation And Why? / Trailer Causes Ghastly Accident In Abuja Thursday Morning [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.