Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,500 members, 7,836,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Car AC - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car AC (1658 Views)

Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor? / Virus Attack On Car AC System. A Must Read For Car Owners With Active AC / Car AC Works Well Only In The Morning And Evening But Struggles In Hot Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car AC by letout: 6:58am On Nov 05, 2018
Ac
Re: Car AC by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:17am On Nov 05, 2018
letout:
People of Nairaland please help me. The AC for my Toyota Camry has packed up 4 times between November last year and Now. In fact I’m already fed up.
The first time it happened I changed
The condenser and compressor , then after two week I changed the compressor again. After two months it packed up used the car for like four months went to someone else he flushed the system plus condenser and we bought another compressor, Lo and behold it didn’t last 3 months now it’s packed up. Sincerely I’m really confused and I don’t know what to do. If you have experienced this before please share your solution.

And peeps will say it's only Benz AC that's stubborn
What about this Toyota now.

From what you did,I think the reason it's packing up is cos when you changed the condenser and the compressor u did not change the dryer
The dryer should be changed everytime u either change a compressor or condenser,and the expansion valve.plus the evaporator should be properly flushed

Most problem with AC packing up is dirts,the dryer u did not change has stored dirts,which compromises the fresh system

5 Likes

Re: Car AC by pannyman(m): 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2018
@OP sorry about your plight. I have been in your shoes before and I can confidently say that most of our AC technicians are highly incompetent, being poorly trained. They don't have a good grasp of the basics and science of air-conditioning. You might just be better off just using the car without the AC instead throwing good away money.

3 Likes

Re: Car AC by radautoworks: 4:01pm On Nov 05, 2018
letout:
People of Nairaland please help me. The AC for my Toyota Camry has packed up 4 times between November last year and Now. In fact I’m already fed up.
The first time it happened I changed
The condenser and compressor , then after two week I changed the compressor again. After two months it packed up used the car for like four months went to someone else he flushed the system plus condenser and we bought another compressor, Lo and behold it didn’t last 3 months now it’s packed up. Sincerely I’m really confused and I don’t know what to do. If you have experienced this before please share your solution.

Most likely you have a leak and rather than find it because they didn't know how, they threw parts at the problem. Buy refrigerant with UV dye and have them run it through the system to find the leak before you change any other part. Alternatively you can bring it to our shop for a proper diagnosis and then get it repaired either with us or wherever you choose to.

2 Likes

Re: Car AC by letout: 7:22pm On Nov 05, 2018
radautoworks:

Most likely you have a leak and rather than find it because they didn't know how, they threw parts at the problem. Buy refrigerant with UV dye and have them run it through the system to find the leak before you change any other part. Alternatively you can bring it to our shop for a proper diagnosis and then get it repaired either with us or wherever you choose to.

Where’s your shop?
Re: Car AC by radautoworks: 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2018
Re: Car AC by dru23(m): 9:19pm On Nov 05, 2018
Re: Car AC by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 06, 2018
Me too, am going to ac technician today, then after today if there is no change, I will just be using my car like that, i will totally forget about ac.
Re: Car AC by Besto(m): 12:38am On Nov 06, 2018
Lol.. Currently on my 3rd cycle of a.c fix in a short while. Even God knows this is my last fix.

2 Likes

Re: Car AC by radautoworks: 11:59am On Nov 06, 2018
Come to us and it's fixed one time. If you feel parts are too high, we'll tell you what you need, you bring it and we fix it. Customers come with their own parts all the time. Only thing you're losing is we won't warranty the work with someone else's parts... But Nigerians are used to that already so..
Re: Car AC by radautoworks: 3:18am On Nov 25, 2018
So what eventually happened?

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla 2004 / Toyota Camry 2003 / 2017 Toyota Highlander Engine Number / Has Anyone Captured For Drivers License In Recent Times.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.