Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria (5568 Views)

Obasanjo Inspects His Yam And Maize Farm (Photos) / FG To Kill Pests In 12 Northern States With N13bn / My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by Adieza(m): 10:50am On Nov 05, 2018
As a farmer, you must know that the yield you get could largely be influenced by attacks from diseases or pests.
To effectively control this disaster from wiping out your investment, you must monitor the crop closely to detect early, these diseases or pests that will inflict heavy losses on you.
~ Here is a tip on How Start Maize Processing Business
Information and Communication Support for Agricultural Growth in Nigeria (ICS-Nigeria)- a project which seeks to increase the quantity and quality of information available for increased agricultural production, processing, and marketing and also strengthen the capacity of farmer assistance organizations, in collaboration with IITA Ibadan, recommended the steps below to deal with these pests and disease in your maize farm:
1. Army-worms and grasshoppers: Where infestation by these insects has been detected, control immediately with monocrotophos (e.g. Azodrin at 533 ml/liter, Nuvacron 40EC at the rate of 40 ml per 10 litres of water and Ultracide 40 at 40 ml per 10 liters of water).
2. Termites: If termites attack is detected during the growing season, spray the affected area with 30 ml of Nogos 50 in 4.5 liters of water. Termite hills in the field and surrounding area should be located and destroyed.
3. Stem-borers: Where stem-borer control is required, apply Furadan, 3G or 10g (carbofuran) at the rate of 0.75 kg ai/ha as side dressing, 10 cm away from maize stands.
This should be done seven days after emergence or as seed dressing-‘a chemical, typically antimicrobial or fungicidal, with which seeds are treated (or dressed)’ with a marker prior to planting. Apply 1.68 kg active ingredient carbaryl (Vetox 85) at 225 litres of water/ha.
Local unit is 8 levels of standard match box per 9 litres (2 gallons) of water. Two applications every two weeks intervals, starting two weeks after planting should be made.
Also Read: SUCESS GUIDE TO MAIZE FARMING
4. Corn earworms: For green maize production in particular and increased grain yield, apply 3 sprays of cymbush 10 EC of Ambush 25 EC at the rate of 20ml per 10 liters of water at weekly interval, beginning from 50% silking and spray directly to the cobs.
Farmers are strongly advised to start planting early to minimize attack by diseases. Farmers should also contact extension workers for other effective means of control.

http://www.agricinfo.com/2018/06/tips-on-how-to-control-maize-diseases.html?m=0

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by malabite3: 11:11am On Nov 05, 2018
Is this how it feels to be the first to comment after attaining menopause?
Those corn will be sweet in making adalu... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by blowjob: 11:11am On Nov 05, 2018
VOTE BUHARI...

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT BUHARI..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by Khobiro: 11:12am On Nov 05, 2018
Great tips.. Just reminded me of those days back in school farm grin
Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by austinepreshyus(m): 11:13am On Nov 05, 2018
Well said, well heard....... but the strike still commences tomorrow... Got me thinking maybe the pests in Nigeria too will join the strike
Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by TheOdd1sOut: 11:14am On Nov 05, 2018
Chei
This educative post made FP but it hardly got 300 views.
If na Bob risky or davido now, you Go see 30000+ views

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by xjiggy: 11:23am On Nov 05, 2018
Educative topic. Thanks
Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by SEGLIZ: 11:49am On Nov 05, 2018
malabite3:
Is this how it feels to be the first to comment after attaining menopause?
Those corn will be sweet in making adalu... grin grin

you too like food. mind you instance where that adalu is tick not the watery type.
Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by JuanDeDios: 11:57am On Nov 05, 2018
Thank you, Adieza
Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by Umarmusajalija(m): 12:28pm On Nov 05, 2018
Agriculture is not crop production as popular belief holds - it's the production of food and fiber from the world's land and waters. Without agriculture it is not possible to have a city, stock market, banks, university, church or army. Agriculture is the foundation of civilization and any stable economy.
Allan Savory
Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by naijajobx: 1:09pm On Nov 05, 2018
smiley
Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by masciv: 1:52pm On Nov 05, 2018
I'm definitely building a career in agriculture and it's just a matter of time. Getting capital is just too stressful but once I start, I'm not turning back smiley
Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by DeKen: 1:58pm On Nov 05, 2018
Hasn't Furadan been banned?
Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
The effect of all these chemicals in our body system is what causes cancer & premature deaths.
Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by SNIPER123: 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2018
cheesy
Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by SNIPER123: 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2018
Zoharariel:
The effect of all these chemicals in our body system is what causes cancer & premature deaths.
embarassed
Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by letsfarmnigeria: 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2018
we have many ways to control pest in maize farm and achieve greater results simply log on to letsfarmnigeria..com you see pics from maize planting treatment until sales with videos ask questions and get answers all for free

Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by CharlesNade: 10:15am On Nov 08, 2018
Hey! Thanks for your advice. It really helped me while writing the article for essayexplorer.com. Moreover, it was also very useful for me too. You know, just to learn something new, hah wink
Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by anoda(m): 4:03am On Nov 25, 2021
Mouth Gig:
VOTE BUHARI...

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT BUHARI..
. you must be enjoying the fruit of your labour already.
Re: 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria by letsfarmnigeria: 5:27am On Nov 25, 2021
Subscribe to my youtube channel to see how to manage a Maize � farm and other Agricultural practices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BqENeawnvI

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Beans For Sale In Large Quantity / What Is The Fob Price Of Cashew Nut From Nigeria As At Today / Dry Season Garden Egg Farming. For Serious Investors Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.