Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,375 members, 7,853,670 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:18 PM

Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana (26058 Views)

Abuja Bride Cancels Wedding After Finding Out Groom Slept With Bridesmaid / Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) / Zimbabwean Pastor Stops Wedding Over Bridesmaid And Groomsman's Seductive Dance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by naijanaso: 7:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The pastor must be commended.

Being HIV+ means they have already been condemned by the Lord here on earth.
The pastor did what was right by not blessing the union of people already condemned.
How can you say they have been condemned by the Lord? Which Lord are you referring to? Or are you a self acclaimed Lord?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by crafteck(m): 7:08pm On Nov 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The pastor did what was right by not blessing the union of people already condemned.

Hiv isn't by sex alone

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by ikwutasco(m): 7:09pm On Nov 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

which village are from? Ur thinking ability needs fast adjustment
Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by geosegun(m): 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2018
Abbeyme:

I feel the clergy acted in the best of faith of morals (in his prevailing circumstances). Remember that you cannot force the ministry to legally wed the couples if the officials have knowledge of any impediments against such acts.

But he fouled his own processes, if any. Pre-marital tests such as HIV and the rest are supposed to have been done in weeks leading to the wedding ceremony and only the pregnancy test be done in about 3 days to the wedding. Even if the result changes after the tests are done, the church would know that they have satisfied their own conscience and fulfilled their written law!

You have a point even, I believe, there is no point cancelling the wedding, as they both have the virus already. What I thought the pastor should do is to let them know their status and allow them to decide for themselves. On no circumstances should he disclose confidential information to third/fourth parties.

They will support each other and their love may? even wax stronger as they know they have to look after each other. The pastorate can even support them with prayers, the did has been done already. Also, there are NGOs, that do even encourage such union. Would the pastor prefer they go marry those who did not have the virus? and potentially spead it? Besides they can live well beyond 70 with early medication, they can even have kids, if they want. Those that do not have the virus, may even die before them? So what's the fuzz all about?

Ignorance is truly another disease. The pastorate may have have just killed them morally, spiritually, mentally and physically...
God help us all, as no one knows what happen tommorrow.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by Briller: 7:14pm On Nov 05, 2018
Or better still, one of them was HIV+

...when the results came in, the
pastor refused to officiate their wedding.

Summary: they were HIV+

Pst. Jeese issa badass
cool[/quote]
Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by mechanics(m): 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2018
Tests should have been the first step to take before doing any marriage rite, it seems maybe the pastor didn't see their HIV test result or they were hiding it from him, so he had to do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by frozen70(f): 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2018
Well the pastor did what is expected of him

It's left for them to continue at their own risk

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
GOFRONT:
What God has joined together, let no man put assunder.....

Maybe the bride is the pastor's sidechick....

But their guest had to stay back and chau the wedding rice to avoid food wastage.......
I blame the couple for insisting on church wedding that doesn't have scriptural standing. They are already married traditionally which the bible recognises

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by xolomonstrides(m): 7:36pm On Nov 05, 2018
Stupid people, who says you need a pastor to be joined as husband and wife. Which prophet of God in the bible acted as marriage consumators, which discipline or did Jesus even act as joiner of couples. When we get ourselves involved in work not designated for us, we get even more confused. A man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife. Parties here are MAN, WOMAN, FATHER, MOTHER. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by Fazemood(m): 7:44pm On Nov 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Pls man for God sake, stop be-littling and insulting your intelligence. Why would God condemn them for being HIV+ ? Is sex the only way to contract the disease? Nna you don fall your hand.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by OneManLegion(m): 7:52pm On Nov 05, 2018
Tetragramaton:

Imagine people who have HIV reading this comment? Be careful . be very careful so God doesn't condemn you and your generation.

He's an insensitive, depraved pseudointellectual.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by consultancy: 7:53pm On Nov 05, 2018
stupid fabricated stories with non connecting photos

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by higgs: 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2018
Hypocrites.
Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by Fazemood(m): 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2018
backnbeta:
They should have done the the medicals first! If there is any hitch, the couple can decide to go ahead or call it off. Why wait till the D-day before cancelling? Not fair on the couple.
There is a chance the pastor had gone and tasted with force and has found himself in thesame status HIV++. He may have used the 'Holy Ghost told me' tactic to get into her panties and gotten infected too. He did what he did to repay her for infecting him. A wicked motive that is if I am right.
Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by pek(m): 8:16pm On Nov 05, 2018
There is more to this story. But all I can adduce is that the lady was already pregnant hence the refusal to wed them.
Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by olmoRoc: 8:38pm On Nov 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Really?
Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by Jyde89: 9:59pm On Nov 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I wanted to give you what your comment deserved, but then I checked the name.
Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by freeDR(m): 5:32am On Nov 06, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Why is this slowpoke still typing here. Someone should just shoot this idiot.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by perryy(m): 7:56am On Nov 06, 2018
God , I thank you for opening my eyes to see the danger of in going to church to submit your life to some useless mentally challenged individuals who called themselves men of God. More than 95% of HIV+s are false. No HIV test can give you 100% guarantee that you are actually positive- all the tests kits have this disclaimer on them .

Well, I don't blame the pastor though. I blame those that patronise those sick people calling themselves pastors.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by chival(f): 8:37am On Nov 06, 2018
His Royal Holiness, one question for you - Do you realize that there are non sexual ways of transmitting HIV?
Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by chival(f): 8:45am On Nov 06, 2018
pek:
There is more to this story. But all I can adduce is that the lady was already pregnant hence the refusal to wed them.

Even this doesn't make sense. Pastors refusing to wed pregnant brides are hypocrites and are no better than the Pharisees Jesus condemned. You won't wed a pregnant bride, so she should have the baby outside wedlock right? That's the Christian thing shey? If only we could see what these 'holy pass' pastors do in secret!

Anyway, the bride and groom made a mistake. They could have found another pastor to wed them. Pastors are a dime a dozen in Africa.
Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by pek(m): 8:53am On Nov 06, 2018
chival:

Even this doesn't make sense. Pastors refusing to wed pregnant brides are hypocrites and are no better than the Pharisees Jesus condemned. You won't wed a pregnant bride, so she should have the baby outside wedlock right? That's the Christian thing shey? If only we could see what these 'holy pass' pastors do in secret!

Anyway, the bride and groom made a mistake. They could have found another pastor to wed them. Pastors are a dime a dozen in Africa.
What is wrong is wrong and should be condemned! The church in question has a standard. If the would be couple were not okay with it, they would have left for another church that can wed them. And FYI, wedding is between two people not three.
Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by stica04(f): 2:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
[color=#990000][/color]good move I wish other men of God will emulate him
Re: Pastor Cancels Wedding Over HIV Status Of Couple In Ghana by toprealman: 9:30pm On Nov 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

O boy you are as dry as fvck!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Today's Date - 22.02.2022 : a Palindrome & Ambigram / Two Cross River Corpers Wed (Photos) / Man Attacks Lady For Not Inviting Him To Her Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.