Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Christian Morals - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Morals (648 Views)

Why Is It Necessary To Appeal To God For Objective Morals? / Do Atheists/humanists Have No Morals, Mr Anony? / Are We Really Free-morals Beings Or Actually Puppets In God’s Hands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christian Morals by Dynisty: 11:27am On Jul 21, 2010
We were asking some really tough questions today such as: Is it alright for a Christian to plead not guilty for a criminal he knows is Guilty; A Christian Doctor to sign a form for a patient he knows is not valid or do you think that it is alright for Christian to pay taxes, knowing some goes to unethical, unbiblical practices?

All of these I would consider as pretty hectic dilemmas. How would you handle these situations?

Godsmercyandgrace.com says that we should consider this subject by asking ourselves some questions with a teachable Spirit and with careful study of Bible scripture.

Read 1 Corinthians 10:23-31
Does this activity edify myself or another believer? Does this activity bring glory to God? Could this cause give Christ a bad name, since we are ambassadors and representatives of Christ, everything we do is often seen by others as a reflection of Christ, bringing reproach on Him, the Church and body of Christ.

Read 1 Corinthians 6:12
Though it may be lawful for me, I need to ask myself if this activity is spiritually beneficial or is this activity enslaving to me?

Read 1 Corinthians 8:7-3
Does this activity defile my conscience? Could this activity hinder the growth of a fellow believer? Could I cause another brother to stumble, if so I would be better not to be involved in something that could affect a brother? They may have a weaker conscience. It could cause them to believe this is OK and even get themselves involved in something much more worse. For another it could divisions and disunity between brothers that could affect the whole body of Christ.

Let me know what you think? Do you think that this is the right way to go about solving dilemmas?

Share your thoughts at www.1africa.tv/blog1.php

Zee

(1) (Reply)

Osama Bin Laden, Moharmedanist Movement, Haters Of Men. / Able Ministers Of The Gospel / The Cambridge Debate: Is Islam A Threat To The West?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.