Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,700 members, 7,813,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Please Help Solving This Physics Question ???? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help Solving This Physics Question ???? (704 Views)

I Have Been Solving This Question For 1 Hr Now,help? / Can You Solve This Physics Question? / Please I Need Help In Solving This Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Solving This Physics Question ???? by Canavaro2077(m): 8:07am On Nov 06, 2018
This question has been the question have been trying to solve for some time now but not getting it right, and have tried to give it to some physics teachers but nothing has been done concerning it.

please help me to solve this with clear explanation.

Re: Please Help Solving This Physics Question ???? by Canavaro2077(m): 9:02pm On Nov 10, 2018
so no one can help solving this in the whole nairaland
Re: Please Help Solving This Physics Question ???? by ga6992: 11:59pm On Nov 10, 2018
which number guy
Re: Please Help Solving This Physics Question ???? by Canavaro2077(m): 9:10pm On Nov 11, 2018
ga6992:
which number guy
that one that look like Y
Re: Please Help Solving This Physics Question ???? by sojious: 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2018
did u say some of ur teachers couldn't solve this question??
This question is quite simple nah
1.since the body is in equilibrum ,then the vector sum of the three forces must equal zero
2.To get the vector sum,choose any convenient axis ( e.g the horizontal or some other axis)
3.resolve each force parrallel and perpendicular to the choosen axis(this simply means that a force say F that is inclined at an angle say β to ur axis,will be replaced with it's two components- a component parralel to ur axis given by Fcosβ and a component perpendicular to ur axis given by Fsinβ)
4.for this question the axis choosen is an axis along F3(parrallel to it )
5.newtons law says that the forces must balance along any axis for the body to be in equilibrum.
6.Now F1 makes an angle α1 with the chosen axes,therefore it two components are
i.F1cosα1 and F1sinα1
7.Also F2 makes an angle α2 with the choosen axis,therefore it's two components are
F2cosα2 and F2sinα2
8.F3 is not inclined to our choosen axis,we need not resolved it.
it should be obvious to u now that F3 has only one component(parallel to our choosen axis).
9.Now let's balance the forces
i.balancing forces parallel to our axes,we have:
F3=F1cosα1+F2cosα2..
or F3-F1cosα1-F2cosα2=0
(since F1cosα1 and F2cosα2 act along the same direction and F3 is oppositely directed to them)
10.balancing forces perpendicular to our axis:
F1sinα1=F2sinα2
(since they are oppositely directed).
only these two equations are valid if the body is to remain in equilibrum
This should be clear enough i think..

(1) (Reply)

Home Teacher/one TO ONE Tutor In Mathematics Is Available In Akwaibom.uyo / Futo E-learning App Launched / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel Vs Staying Off Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.