Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,646 members, 7,816,655 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Our Auto Technicians And Lack Of Tools - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Our Auto Technicians And Lack Of Tools (745 Views)

Volvo Technicians Needed / How We've Started Preventing The Spread Of Coronavirus At Our Auto Workshop / Autologic, One Of The Best Auto Technicians Nigeria Has Ever Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Auto Technicians And Lack Of Tools by pannyman(m): 12:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
I just can't help noticing how bereft of tools most of our auto technicians (mechanical and electrical) are. It is so glaring if you watch Youtube car repair videos a lot. Most of our mechanics do not have even basic ratchet wrenches that can save them a lot of time. Often they need to improvise to get the work done, which can lead to serious damage to car parts.

It appears to be difficult to source most of these tools locally, so I am already beginning to order them from abroad so that I can do some DIY work, and if necessary lend to a mechanic working on my car. Youtube videos have been quite an eye-opener. I have realized I can do stuff like change spark plugs and replace oxygen sensors by myself. All I need are the right tools, the right knowledge and the right attitude. Meanwhile, I already have my scan tool, so no guessing if a CEL appears.

(1) (Reply)

Gear Oil For 1998 Toyota Camry / Advice To All Car Dealers - Take Note / Need Car For Uber/taxify...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.