Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,699 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing (71053 Views)

Plane Falls Into Water As Wing Walker And Pilot Scream In The UK (Pics, Video) / Lastma Officer At Ikeja Axis Dancing While Executing His Duty Excellently / Man Shows What Was Used As The Backseat Of A Bus He Board In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by autojosh: 1:35pm On Nov 06, 2018
Daily, thousands of travelers use the local airport, Ikeja, Lagos.

Upon arrival, there is always a need for a taxi service to convey these travelers to their various destinations.

These needs are satisfied by the airport taxi operators.

The airport taxi cab association is a group of cab operators. They serve as the umbrella union for those who carry out commercial transport service within  the Ikeja airport.

These group of taxi operators are typically hostile to non-member commercial vehicle operators that encroach into their airport territory.

At the domestic wing of the Ikeja Airport, one thing is unique to the airport taxi operators: they all use Toyota Camry (2002 -2006 model) a.k. a "Big Daddy" as their operating vehicles.

According to an airport taxi operator that interviewed, the choice of Toyota Camry is to encourage uniformity. Beyond uniformity, the "Big Daddy" is very rugged, especially in  bad road condition.

Also, this Camry model has a very spacious interior, the spare parts are readily available, it has considerable fuel economy (especially the 4 cylinder model), etc.

All these, and perhaps more, informed the choice of "Big Daddy" as the designated auto brand/model for use by the taxi operators at the domestic wing of the Local airport.

https://autojosh.com/see-the-designated-car-model-used-as-airport-taxi-at-the-local-airport-lagos-photos/

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by Nwodosis(m): 1:40pm On Nov 06, 2018
They can give any story for being their reason, but the genuine reason is for even/level competition among themselves.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 06, 2018
Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by autojosh: 1:48pm On Nov 06, 2018

1 Like

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by CarGuideNG: 2:44pm On Nov 06, 2018
Apparently not "Big For Nothing" afterall.
VIN Checks for car buyers/owners in signature.

4 Likes

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by Kenekingisback: 2:44pm On Nov 06, 2018
Tokunboh cars

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by bazzyblings: 2:44pm On Nov 06, 2018
grin
Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by OsuMustGo: 2:44pm On Nov 06, 2018
So fuckìng what?
How's this news?

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by seuncyber(m): 2:44pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ok
Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by BruncleZuma: 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by soberdrunk(m): 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2018
We sabi give car funny names in Nigeria sha "Big daddy", which one is "Big mummy"? angry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by seuncyber(m): 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2018
OsuMustGo:
So fuckìng what?
How's this news?

I wonder too

19 Likes

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by Yewandequeen(f): 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2018
No be today

2 Likes

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by Mizwisdom(f): 2:46pm On Nov 06, 2018
Look like Dubai standard

Need books?
Contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by leospruce(m): 2:46pm On Nov 06, 2018
those people can charge for africa they thought that is everybody that comes out from airport that travelled

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 06, 2018
So? A car that has already been in use in Nnewi as a taxi

17 Likes

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by Gangster1ms: 2:47pm On Nov 06, 2018
That airport pic is an eyesore

9 Likes

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by magiki(m): 2:47pm On Nov 06, 2018
So, what do we do with the cars now. Will this one put food on my table this afternoon?
Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 06, 2018
That's their problem.
Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by Hotfreezer: 2:48pm On Nov 06, 2018
Same Camry that if I drive it and enter Ebonyi, I can use it to seduce like 15 girls in a day.

21 Likes

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by XaintJoel20: 2:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
autojosh I don't have anything to do with these people.

My friend Sola would always pick me up at the airport anytime I need his assistance.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by GenFunction: 2:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
and so?...no worry na PRADO nd the likes we dey use for FCT.
Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by bobokeshington: 2:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
ik
Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:51pm On Nov 06, 2018
.....and this is a surprise to you OP?!
It is well o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by Icon4s(m): 2:52pm On Nov 06, 2018
See that overflowing trash bin in that 3rd picture within the premises of an International Airport What is wrong with our sanitary sense as a nation?

6 Likes

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 06, 2018
Hotfreezer:
Same Camry that if I drive it and enter Ebonyi, I can use it to seduce like 15 girls in a day.

Really?
Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by largeman4u(m): 2:54pm On Nov 06, 2018
Buy your registered and Tokunbo Big daddy from www.largemanmotors..com
Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 06, 2018
Useless cars
Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by Toseenlove: 2:55pm On Nov 06, 2018
Gangster1ms:
That airport pic is an eyesore
I mean an extreme eye soreness mtcheew.

4 Likes

Re: The Car Used As Airport Taxi At Ikeja Airport, Local Wing by Speedyconnect15: 2:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
Big daddy camry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja / Train Goes Off The Railway In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) / Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.