Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,659 members, 7,809,494 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Scholarship Opportunities - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Scholarship Opportunities (9957 Views)

Job Vacancies & International Scholarship Opportunities: Check And Apply / Scholarship Opportunities / I Need Information About Scholarship Opportunities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scholarship Opportunities by akaba: 5:06pm On Apr 10, 2007
Are u a Nigerian Graduate that wants to further your education abroad(in the U.K) ?Then, Check on this website www.carringtonheritage.org.uk

Best of Luck!
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by Rukkyj(f): 5:24pm On Apr 10, 2007
THANKS A BUNCH AKABA FOR THAT POST. U KNOW WETIN DEY
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by Rukkyj(f): 6:05pm On Apr 10, 2007
i just got to the site now. i must say it is a lovely site, nice concept, but hope it is not fraud. cos of the #6,500 applicants are asked to pay?
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by user86666(m): 7:19pm On Apr 10, 2007
Caveat! I'm suspicious of that foundation for the ff reasons:
[list]
[li]Their featured program is only for Nigerians[/li]
[li]The non-refundable N6500 fee, which genuine scholarship body collects a fee?
plus theyre based in the UK and are asking for Naira?[/li]
[li]Their UK address seems dodgy, did a search on 8 Holly Cottage Mews, its a semi-detached, residential building[/li]
[li]Called their number, ringing no reply, no voicemail and they claim their phone lines are extremely busy![/li]
[/list]

Overall, don't be fooled by the website people (it looks good), it looks a well planned scam
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by Sumone: 8:33pm On Apr 10, 2007
Thanks User6666, that was smart of you. God Bless your sixth sense NAIRALANDERS BEWARE!
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by d7thcaller: 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2007
Hello User8666
thanks 4 ur enquires,but dont u think dat since 3 reputable banks in Nigeria are involved in selling of the form dat it might not actuall b SCAM.?
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by akaba: 1:45pm On Apr 13, 2007
Fellow nairaland users it is not a Scam/Fraud.I got the hard copy of the form from a friend working with BankPHB.Always bear it in mind that in most cases u've got to give in order to recieve.This FORUM has benefited me a
lot ;i cant just post any of such fraud related stuff to the forum.
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by ZENOI: 10:15am On Apr 22, 2007
hello User86666,
Thanks for your detective nature o. when you see 419 now o, u no go know o. What are you talking about? I have just submitted an application form which I collected from BankPHB. Are you saying that the banks are a fraud too? I think we should thank God for these sort of organisations that have africans and nigerians at heart. Even if one person in this country is lifted throuh this scheme, do you know what it means? The problems with us Nigerians is that we are not receptive to new concepts, and anything new, we would want to show negative energy rather than commending.

As you see me so, I have spent 20times that money trying to get scholarships with all these so called big organisations, and paying for visa to the british embassy with all my documents o, to no avail. They reject me and they dont even refund me back my money. My dear, if you dont spend, you cannot gain o.

My brother I have filled the application form to the best of my knowledge and I am praying that luck shines my way. And I am hereby commending this carrington heritage people. may Godbless them.
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by akpane: 3:14pm On Apr 22, 2007
user6666,
na wah for this your name oh! this your number way resemble devil own, ie anti-christ. You have come to deceive, destoy and deny people from this luck that God that given to us in Nigeria. Men the 6,500 is less than one jean trouser money. I will be silly to spend that money on a pair of jeans or something irrelevant rather than using it to try my luck or something that has the chance of changing my future.

Abeg my Nairaland brothers and sisters, 6666 is an evil man, God will help me or one of my Nairaland brothers and sister to get this scholarship. AMEN.
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by vlad(m): 7:27am On Apr 23, 2007
Na wa for you guys, don't crucify user6666. He has done his own little part to investigate the carrington guys. It is now left to you to believe or disbelieve.

As for me, I think they are very shady.

Scholarship granting bodies do not require money from applicants. All you have to do is apply. Most often than none, you get the scholarship through the schools you applied to.

Unless of course you are paying for info on scholarships which means that you will still have to do the applications yourself.

But as they say, no guts, no glory.
Try your luck.

After all #6500 is just a pair of jeans. cool cool cool
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by david007: 11:59am On Apr 23, 2007
to be frank with u guys the schloarship stuff is a fraud i was really excited about it i called my mum in germany and she did a background check on the site and their add in england they didnt have any adress in england besides the scholarship is  based on personal development and not university grades i.ve never heard about such a criteria b4 i.ve forgotten about it imagine free ticket fares tuition and everything its too good to be tru . a word is enough 4 the wise

1 Like

Re: Scholarship Opportunities by jobseeker(f): 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2007
[color=#990000][/color] pls i am in dire need of a good job is anyone out there who can help
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by user86666(m): 5:29pm On Apr 23, 2007
Got this from from www.internic.com/whois.html

NOTICE: Access to .ORG WHOIS information is provided to assist persons in
determining the contents of a domain name registration record in the Public Interest Registry
registry database. The data in this record is provided by Public Interest Registry
for informational purposes only, and Public Interest Registry does not guarantee its
accuracy.  This service is intended only for query-based access.  You agree
that you will use this data only for lawful purposes and that, under no
circumstances will you use this data to: (a) allow, enable, or otherwise
support the transmission by e-mail, telephone, or facsimile of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations to entities other than
the data recipient's own existing customers; or (b) enable high volume,
automated, electronic processes that send queries or data to the systems of
Registry Operator or any ICANN-Accredited Registrar, except as reasonably
necessary to register domain names or modify existing registrations.  All
rights reserved. Public Interest Registry reserves the right to modify these terms at any
time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

Domain ID:D131445345-LROR
Domain Name:CARRINGTONHERITAGE.ORG
Created On:24-Oct-2006 23:49:22 UTC
Last Updated On:24-Dec-2006 03:48:09 UTC
Expiration Date:24-Oct-2007 23:49:22 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Schlund+Partner AG (R73-LROR)
Registrant ID:SPAG-35290047

Registrant Name:Ugochi Obasi
                         Is this a Nigerian name?  wink
Registrant Street1:Holly Cottage Mews
Registrant Street2:8
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Uxbridge
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code:UB8 3US
Registrant Country:GB
Registrant Phone:+44.1895235991
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:ugochiobasi@aol.com
Admin ID:SPAG-35290047
Admin Name:Ugochi Obasi
                                                  Again? 
Admin Street1:Holly Cottage Mews             Ahn ahn, the same address?  shocked
Admin Street2:8                                                         
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Uxbridge
Admin State/Province:
Admin Postal Code:UB8 3US
Admin Country:GB
Admin Phone:+44.1895235991     
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:ugochiobasi@aol.com
Tech ID:SPAG-32126858
Tech Name:Hostmaster ONEANDONE
Tech Organization:1&1 Internet Ltd.
Tech Street1:Herschel Street
Tech Street2:The Nova Building
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Slough
Tech State/Province:
Tech Postal Code:SL1 1XS
Tech Country:GB
Tech Phone:+44.8708503305
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:+44.1753490444
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:hostmaster@1and1.co.uk
Name Server:NS45.1AND1.CO.UK
Name Server:NS46.1AND1.CO.UK

thanks david/vlad, nairaland is for all comers so its normal to hear all sorts
as for the scholarships, Ive got two UK admission offers and need funding meself but now way am I gona throw N6.5K down the drain, I'd rather get me a pair of jeans grin

2 Likes

Re: Scholarship Opportunities by akpane: 8:40pm On Apr 23, 2007
Which one una dey sef grin the information you have posted sha is a readily gotten and generally available for everyone, so you have not done anything great. I am an IT person myself and I know that it is no big deal info. me I have registered domain for so many companies for this Naija.

one major philosophy of life is the more you look the less you see. if a nigerian is part of something good, i think it makes me proud. I think people should rather not jump to conclusion but wait and see what happens. hummmmm if at last someone gets this scholarship o! then it will be shameful on negative people o!. Abi na the 6500 they worry una after all no be by force. me I chose to remain positive with life's issues, just my 2 cents.
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by omobabson(m): 11:16am On Apr 24, 2007
guys i don't trust d sender of dat info. I guess he his one of dis yahoo boys
I have applied 4 various uk scholarships witout paying a dine, beware.
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by anifel20(m): 11:45am On Apr 24, 2007
hmmmmmm, this seems interesting to note. it is my believe that some people in this particular forum are members of this foundation (don't crucify me yet). you know I have been involved in this one chance issue (Lagos people will understand this) while I was at the bus stop, two guys were their too, only for us all to board the vehicle and I was the only one beaten. I was at the website and I didn't see the place asking me to pay a dime, in fact I have printed a copy of the form online before reading your posts. I believe that scholarship are meant to help and not take from those that have not. Imagine people saying that it is just 6,500 only, now let me ask, if 1000 people all over nigeria pays that money, how much will that amount to? I applied to greenwich scholarship located at Ibadan back in those days with some friends, when it got to this same point, I withdraw while my friends when ahead till we graduated they heard nothing from them, well maybe they did pay them now that we graduated and are no longer together. My believe is that Nigeria will be a better place if we stop cheating ourself. let us help rather than defraud innocent but desperate job seekers. good Luck to those that have applied and those that are still thinking, for us that are neutral well. one more thing, don't forget that anybody can open account with a bank and ask money to be paid into it. The bank will only ask for documents as long as they are valid. Whcih can be gotten anywhere. Good luck once again.
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by sweetchick(f): 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2007
Although some of these scholarship sites may be scams, some are actually real. Personally, I have had a scholarship that covers everything including flight tickets, room and board and tuition fees. All I had to pay was the visa fees. So keep searching. You just may be as lucky as I was.
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by sweetchick(f): 12:17pm On Apr 24, 2007
Oh and did I forget to mention I did not pay any registration fees?
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by sweetchick(f): 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2007
Well. fpr those interested in doing a masters in international heath - www.erasmusmundus.org, www.troped.org. Good luck
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by sweetchick(f): 1:45pm On Apr 24, 2007
Also a couple of sites for free online short health management courses - www.globalhealthlearning.org
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by LongOne1(m): 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2007
Yeah, sweet chick thats really true, some of us are earnestly searching so if u culd help us please
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by larrymo(f): 3:33am On Apr 25, 2007
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by adejumobi(m): 9:06am On Apr 25, 2007
We should remember that operating thru a bank does not make a business genuine, all money launders, 419ers and others still make use of reputable banks for that matter.
My advice is that we shold cross check thier background very well before making a move. cool
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by adejumobi(m): 9:09am On Apr 25, 2007
@ Sweetchick,
is there any scholarship sites for engineering graduate?
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by Aproko(f): 11:59am On Apr 25, 2007
8666, thanx for the info. i was interested until i realized i had to pay for form!!!!!all the banks are interested in is money in their account period!!!so for all those still interested gudluck and for those of us that want to play it safe, we'll wait for another opportunity we can identify with.

sorry oh, but is the foundation a sole proprietorship?no directors, no trustees, no patrons, just ugochi abasi?hhmmmnnn
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by innocee: 12:17pm On Apr 25, 2007
Thanks,nairalanders beware of yahoo boys oooo
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by okeyz(m): 7:15pm On Apr 25, 2007
@ anifel20
thats good thinking , once beaten twice shy they say, keep it up ,shine ya eyes well well wink
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by anifel20(m): 10:54am On Apr 26, 2007
My brothers and sisters, have we forgotten that since this yahoo yahoo boys are no longer getting the whites to fall cheaply for them, they have decided to come into our mist like a wolf in sheep clothing looking for desperate follow job seekers and defrauding them. it is my believe that God will save Nigeria from their hands. Pls keep up the good work all Nairlanders!! we will get their. For me I am still looking for funding for my school in Canada because I got a call that I have been offered admission for Msc. Pls anyone with genuine scholarship information should help a brother(if man no get job make him further him study na abi) here is my email anifel20@yahoo.com thanks all.
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by onuk(m): 4:21pm On Apr 26, 2007
been reading posts on nairaland for quite a while now. but I rarely register in forums 'cept they are completely technology based.

I just had to register just to reply this post, besides, nairaland is quite a unique forum.

@akaka - thanks for the post, could be well meaning but even without the cautions raised by various concerned posters, one should immediately identify fraud once sighted.

@akpan-e - thanks for making us know u are IT compliant, you raised a good point, but I wonder if you follow your own advise. you said something like "there more you search the less you see" (not exact words). It should have been obvious to you that he (the 86666 guy) was only proving the fact that it was fraud and not trying to pull some "stunts" as you saw it. next time follow your own advice.

nairalanders, i don't have much to say anyway. those that really need need scholarships and don't mind spending 6,500 can go ahead (enrich the guy).

the wise ones, just don't do nothing.

could someone please checkup the meaning of the word "SCHOLARSHIP"?
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by RayD(m): 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2007
we shear ideas here. so what ever u've got just send and stop criticizing senders. do your own research and follow your mind. Do not do what people are doing or what people are saying. Take the risk and succeed, Life is garbage in garbage out.
check the scholarship website, if u trust it buy the form but if don't trust it keep it to ur self and don''t discourage others from there chance. "another man food is another poison"
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by tollu: 9:47pm On Apr 27, 2007
Personally, i don't think anyone needs to hit u on the head before u realise this scheme is a scam with a capital S. if u fall MUGU (sorry MAGA), that's ur bowl of onions as anything that sounds too good to be true usually is. i saw the advert, showed my Pale and he was like why would anyone make noise abt a free computer and a mobile fone? not to talk about all dem other freebies(which are mind boogling to say the least). 'downloaded the form and saw loads of typos that any self respecting organization wouldnt make. 6666, tnx a whole lot, the info u sent is just what i need not to waste my hard earned money. methinks i'll rather get me sum JEANS, woooooooooooooooo.
Re: Scholarship Opportunities by user86666(m): 6:55pm On Apr 29, 2007
Youre welcome smiley
thanks very much! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Portal For N-power Nigeria Jobs 2016. How To Apply Click Here / New Salary Scale/table Issued On ₦30,000 Minimum Wage / What Is The Entry Level Salary At NHIS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.