Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe (2138 Views)

Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) / NRC Begins Free Train Rides From Aladja-Warri To Itakpe-Abuja / Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Officialpdpnig: 8:05am On Nov 07, 2018
Sunday Okobi

The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has commenced passengers’ train services on the Warri-Owa-Oyibu-Itakpe railway line which was initially meant to haul iron sheets from one end to the other.

During the recent tour of the standard gauge line which runs from Delta State and terminates in Kogi State with various stops in Edo State by the management of the corporation in Owa-Oyibu, THISDAY learnt that the service would commence in the first week of November free of charge for one month.

The Managing Director of NRC, Mr. Fridet Okhiria, while chatting with select journalists, urged the residents of the adjoining communities to take adequate advantage of the train services provided for them by the corporation in order to attract development to their communities as well as ease their burden on the roads.

The train ride, which would take about 4 to 5 hours from one end to the other, and have a complete checkup for about an hour before taking off again, according to Okhiria, is centrally aimed at easing the suffering of the people in navigating their place of work, home and for leisure.

According to him, “NRC is commencing a free train ride operation from Itakpe to Warri by November which will run for one month. The coaches are super comfortable even for those who want to read, relax and have fun. The development will also allow the people in the connecting communities to reinvest themselves in small scale businesses and grow the economy of the areas and Nigeria at large. It will be cheaper because rail services are the cheapest means of transportation because of the huge number of people and goods involved.

“The government wants to provide these services affordably for the people and we are not limiting them to the townships alone but also for goods and services as well as livestock for those in the rural areas. It will also collaborate with the road to make movement of people easier.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/11/01/nrc-commences-free-train-services-on-warri-oyibu-itakpe-railway-line/?amp

Disguy, Justwise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Officialpdpnig: 8:08am On Nov 07, 2018
My party abandoned these rails for 16 years but Mr President has revived and completed it and is now running a one month free service from warri to Abuja.

I am so disappointed in my party. All noise, no substance unlike this present administration who makes less noise yet has been achieving much more in 4 years than my party ever did in our 16years

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 07, 2018
Desperation at it peak.

The lifeless one is going, not even a free flight services will save him.
Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Officialpdpnig: 8:14am On Nov 07, 2018
wizzyrich:
Desperation at it peak.

The lifeless one is going, not even a free flight services will save him.

Its called sensitization and not desperation. This is done in most countries just to create awareness to the service. The more the awareness, the more the patronage. The more the patronage, the more the money made by the FG. As the FG makes more money it translates to easier and cheaper means of moving goods and services around for those in Abuja or Warri.

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by hisgrace090: 8:17am On Nov 07, 2018
Good job.

Traveling from warri to itakpe to do what? Why not a popular root?
Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 07, 2018
Officialpdpnig:
My party abandoned these rails for 16 years but Mr President has revived and completed it and is now running a one month free service from warri to Abuja.

I am so disappointed in my party. All noise, no substance unlike this present administration who makes less noise yet has been achieving much more in 4 years than my party ever did in our 16years

If you are going to be a political troll, at least, be an educated one.

Google is your friend hombre, just google which administrations revamped the rails in Nigeria.

You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 07, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

Its called sensitization and not desperation. This is done in most countries just to create awareness to the service. The more the awareness, the more the patronage. The more the patronage, the more the money made by the FG. As the FG makes more money it translates to easier and cheaper means of moving goods and services around for those in Abuja or Warri.

Sensitization you say ? And its coming barely few months to election.
Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Officialpdpnig: 8:23am On Nov 07, 2018
hisgrace090:
Good job.

Traveling from warri to itakpe to do what? Why not a popular root?

The development will also allow the people in the connecting communities to reinvest themselves in small scale businesses and grow the economy of the areas and Nigeria at large. It will be cheaper because rail services are the cheapest means of transportation because of the huge number of people and goods involved.

“The government wants to provide these services affordably for the people and we are not limiting them to the townships alone but also for goods and services as well as livestock for those in the rural areas. It will also collaborate with the road to make movement of people easier.”
Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Officialpdpnig: 8:23am On Nov 07, 2018
wizzyrich:
Sensitization you say ? And its coming barely few months to election.

When was it finished and opened to business?

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Officialpdpnig: 8:25am On Nov 07, 2018
kennygee:

If you are going to be a political troll, at least, be an educated one.

Google is your friend hombre, just google which administrations revamped the rails in Nigeria.

You're welcome.

Revamped? Dude just shut up if you have nothing to say.

Google which administration FINISHED and not revamped.

Also google how long the warri itakpe rail was abandoned for.

Hint ...30 solid years

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 07, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

When was it finished and opened to business?
It doesn't matter.

Nigerians knows his antics and I'm sure its going to fail him this time.

After all, Gej built free Almajiri schools all over the north, but did it stop Nigerians from voting him out ?
Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by ojun50(m): 8:29am On Nov 07, 2018
Apc at work bt buhari yr village are wetin for u
Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Nbote(m): 8:31am On Nov 07, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

So who finished it in 4 years doesn't matter but you want the one you claimed revamped it yet couldn't finish it in 16years to suddenly matter.

GEJ and my party all failed. Deal with it. I have accepted we are failures as a party and it has helped me with the pain of seeing how progressive our opposition is.

They keep breaking records while all we do is lament as a party. Shame on us

Oga we know U are jus anoda BMC... U don't have to masquerade as a PDP supporter to b a ZonB... Feel confident in what U are abi ZonB dey shame?
Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Officialpdpnig: 8:32am On Nov 07, 2018
wizzyrich:
It doesn't matter.

Nigerians knows his antics and I'm sure its going to fail him this time.

After all, Gej built free Almajiri schools all over the north, but did it stop Nigerians from voting him out ?

So who finished it in 4 years doesn't matter but you want the one you claimed revamped it yet couldn't finish it in 16years to suddenly matter.

GEJ and my party all failed. Deal with it. I have accepted we are failures as a party and it has helped me with the pain of seeing how progressive our opposition is.

Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Officialpdpnig: 8:33am On Nov 07, 2018
ojun50:
Apc at work bt buhari yr village are wetinis waiting for u

Your English teacher is waiting for you
Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by dadalicious: 8:36am On Nov 07, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

Do you know that aladja is very far from warri?
Do you also know that due to the crises between ogbe-ijoh and aladja, it is unsafe to go to aladja?
So because of free train ride I should risk my life
Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Officialpdpnig: 8:38am On Nov 07, 2018
dadalicious:

Do you also know that due to the crises between ogbe-ijoh and aladja, it is unsafe to go to aladja?

It already started on Monday and lots of people have already taken advantage.

The rails come with security attached all the way
Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 07, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

GEJ and my party all failed. Deal with it. I ha e accepted we are failures as a party and it has helped me with the pain of seeing how progressive our opposition is.

I don't see any reason for arguments because records are there for you to access. Saying PDP failed is just a mere sentimental argument compared to a government that has crumbled the nation just within four years in power.
Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Officialpdpnig: 8:50am On Nov 07, 2018
wizzyrich:
I don't see any reason for arguments because records are there for you to access. Saying PDP failed is just a mere sentimental argument compared to a government that has crumbled the nation just within four years in power.

PDP failed. End of story!

PDP also were responsible for crumbling this economy with our 16 years of lootocratic government.

Deal with it
Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 07, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

Revamped? Dude just shut up if you have nothing to say.

Google which administration FINISHED and not revamped.

Also google how long the warri itakpe rail was abandoned for.

Hint ...30 solid years

Will there be something to finish if it wasn't started?

Just give credit to whom it is due. While you're making a living being a BMC agent, do so with sense and decorum.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Officialpdpnig: 8:54am On Nov 07, 2018
kennygee:

Will there be something to finish if it wasn't started?

Just give credit to whom it is due. While you're making a living being a BMC agent, do so with sense and decorum.

Was it PDP who started it? This was abandoned for 30years. Was PDP in power 30 years ago?

Just speak sensibly if at all you wish to speak.

When you people come with your usual GEJ started it nonsense I just laugh because it shows how shallow my fellow PDP supporters are.

Was it GEJ or PDP who began and abandoned this 30 years ago?
Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 07, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

Was it PDP who started it? This was abandoned for 30years. Was PDP in power 30 years ago?

Just speak sensibly if at all you wish to speak.

When you people come with your usual GEJ started it nonsense I just laugh because it shows how shallow my fellow PDP supporters are.

Was it GEJ or PDP who began and abandoned this 30 years ago?

Who mentioned GEJ now?

We know people like you, you're only loyal to your paymasters.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by Officialpdpnig: 9:09am On Nov 07, 2018
kennygee:

Who mentioned GEJ now?

We know people like you, you're only loyal to your paymasters.

Is GEJ not a part and parcel of my party PDP again?

Isn't credit to GEJ no longer credit to PDP?

You earlier wanted credit to go to PDP as the revamper when in your ignorance you never knew it was abandoned for 30years.

You see, i have come to realise that when trying to defend my party PDP I need to tell a lot of lies as you have been doing and as someone with a conscience, I have chosen not to lie any longer because PDP will not rescue me when I stand before God on judgement day to account for all the lies I told on their behalf
Re: FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe by dat9jaguy(m): 9:09am On Nov 07, 2018
dadalicious:

Which Aladja far from Warri?
From PTI junction straight to Aladja is not more than 10mins.

(1) (Reply)

Where To Get Cheap Airline Ticket To London? / Travel To Turkey With Ease / How Do I Get To Oba Oyekan Estate In Lekki By Public Bus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.