Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,413 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:33 AM

These Battery Saving Apps Have MALWARE, Here Are The List And Uninstall ASAP! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / These Battery Saving Apps Have MALWARE, Here Are The List And Uninstall ASAP! (530 Views)

Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? / Five Battery Saving Features That Will Keep Your Phone Alive / Top 5 Best Android Battery Saving Apps To Increase Productivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

These Battery Saving Apps Have MALWARE, Here Are The List And Uninstall ASAP! by Uchetechs(m): 4:43pm On Nov 07, 2018
From the 29 apps infected with malware, most of them are clean master apps for Android which clean junks and boost your device. Such apps are of higher demands daily since most Android phones get slower over time. Since this is the case, such apps when downloaded, take advantage of the user and collect information or distributing malware to the device as backdoors.

According to We Live Security blog owned by ESET, these Battery saver apps and horoscope apps where found to be infected by Trojan malware that controls the app remotely after gaining access to the victim's phone. Although ESET notified Google about these dangerous apps and them where removed, they concluded that more than 30,00 users must have installed such application on their phone.

'Unlike the increasingly prevalent malicious apps relying purely on impersonating legitimate financial institutions and displaying bogus login screens, these apps belong to the category of sophisticated mobile banking malware with complex functionality and a heavy focus on stealth,' We Live Security wrote in a blog post.

29 APPS FOUND WITH MALWARE THIS NOVEMBER 2018
Apps with Malware

[img]https://1.bp..com/-Zo_V7deTew4/W-LycgfZkWI/AAAAAAAAPyQ/A0M6XLREEBEt93zxe6yTVEsYv-o43tP-gCEwYBhgL/s320/malware%2Bapps2.jpg[/img]

ESET discovered that 29 apps were infected with malware, and this includes;

Power Manager
Astro Plus
Master Cleaner - CPU Booster
Master Clean - Power Booster
Super Boost Cleaner
Super Fast Cleaner
Daily Horoscope For All Zodiac Signs
Daily Horoscope Free - Horoscope Compatibility
Phone Booster - Clean Master
Speed Cleaner - CPU Cooler
Ultra Phone Booster
Free Daily Horoscope 2019
Free Daily Horoscope Plus - Astrology Online
Phone Power Booster
Ultra Cleaner - Power Boost
Master Cleaner - CPU Booster
Daily Horoscope - Astrological Forecast
Speed Cleaner – CPU Cooler
Horoscope 2018
Meu Horóscopo
Master Clean - Power Booster
Boost Your Phone
Phone Cleaner - Booster, Optimizer
Clean Master Pro Booster 2018
Clean Master - Booster Pro
BoostFX. Android cleaner
Daily Horoscope
Daily Horoscope
Personal Horoscope

I am sure majority of us have installed unknown battery saver applications on our device and some might have these malare without us even knowing. BUT don't worry, here is how to get rid of them!

HOW TO REMOVE THESE MALWARE APPS

Head to settings on your phone
Click on General Settings (Varies with each device)
Click on Application manager
Uninstall

'We also advise you to check your bank account for suspicious transactions and consider changing your internet banking password/PIN code,' the researchers said.

Source and More Info Here >> https://www.uchetechs.com/2018/11/these-apps-have-malware-and-are.html
Re: These Battery Saving Apps Have MALWARE, Here Are The List And Uninstall ASAP! by newjosboy: 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2018
I was a victim, downloaded a cleaner app in my tecno phone, because of the serious problems I encountered, I was thinking tecno phones are bad. I vowed never to buy tecno again. Now I know why I had those problems.

(1) (Reply)

GONE / Infinix Hot 4 Available For Sale In Lagos!! / Huawei P30 pro Launched With An Amazing 50 Times Digital Zoom Camera Setup!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.