Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria (1213 Views)

OSMI Acquires Premier League Free-to-air Rights For Sub-saharan Africa Region / Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria / Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria, What Now Happens To Hitv? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by opetope: 8:40am On Jul 22, 2010
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by kdk4christ: 8:51am On Jul 22, 2010
What happen to HITV, I thought they have exclusive right for this new season
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by Catchfire1: 8:51am On Jul 22, 2010
Ah .  .  .  shocked! my HiTV Shares o . . .cry
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by opetope: 9:29am On Jul 22, 2010
I dey fear for HITV o with this news because apart from premiership HITV is shit
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by Akainzo(m): 10:37am On Jul 22, 2010
Hurray!!!!

This is one great news I am glad to hear! grin smiley grin
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by honeric01(m): 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2010
Good for them, maybe they should fight for NPL right grin
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by dare0834(m): 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2010
Apart from Supersport website, can anyone else confirm this cos i know that HITV said they had gotten the rights some time in November last year
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2010
I love this.
Goodbye to HiTV.Nonsense station
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by grabonet: 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2010
check channel 200 on your DSTV decoder to confirm the news l am very happy to see sure news God bless DSTV down Hitv make l go throw my HITV decoder for inside bush
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2010
Well, they still have the UCL.
I am getting a Strong decoder this weekend. I go catch Champions League on FTA.

Bleep HiTV jare, for letting that kind of cash cow slip away angry
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by lekside44(m): 5:24pm On Jul 22, 2010
you guys should stop booing hitv. it all started with the monopolistic nature of dstv who came to nigeria to reap us off. the fight actually started in the year 2005 when the first nigerian satellite station fstv started offering premiership matches on its network. management of dstv rose up against them and the matter went to court. during the trial, dstv made us to understand that they have the sole right to premiership till 2007, with a numbers of stations such as cnn, discovery station, fashion tv, cartoon network, just to mention a little. this angered nigerian govt that how can a foreign company comes to buy off our right without even consulting the govt. this lead to the coup in which the company hitv was formed to bid for the premiership matches. the bidding was so competitive and highly cotly that dstv bidded out of the nigerian market. in other to give other services stations, they went for low cost foreign stations whose quality is far below expectation. well, its a pity that they have not yet recoup their initial investment and thus are on the brim of collapsing.
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2010
no need for story.
HiTV had the monopoly for 3 seasons and couldn't do anything with it.Instead they went on a price hike spree.
I don't care too much about them anyway.It means my decoder will be gathering dust in my living room till whenever they decide to get back the EPL rights.
If I were programs like AY-TV,I'd quickly switch over to Africa Magic.
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by DisGuy: 6:39pm On Jul 22, 2010
Na wa O, When HiTv came Nigerians were shouting good riddance and South African this and that

Nweke Junior was all over the place shouting victory for nigerian companies

Now its the reverse

Nigerians keep complaining of South African Companies but they still have the biggest share of the nigerian market cos their know their stuff!!

Watch out for SA banks!!!
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by tkb417(m): 6:47pm On Jul 22, 2010
^^^ SA Banks like ABSA abi Standard Bank?

abi which one?

that was some years back mehn

our BS now are *20 of what it used to be years back. they aint coming to do jack

maybe HSBC, BNP and ING
maybe those ones
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by DisGuy: 7:36pm On Jul 22, 2010
so Mr Tkb what exactly happened to Hitv I know you know something about before
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by bidex(m): 7:37pm On Jul 22, 2010
the two of them has the right to transmit the game, the choice is now left for nigerians to choose
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by DisGuy: 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2010
^^ really?

So guess Hitv will be reviewing their price and scampering for more channels to add

why dont all these small Paytv work together anyway?
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by Ceekay(m): 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2010
Thomas mlambo of super sport 3 just confirmed it on facebook. . .
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by tkb417(m): 12:00pm On Jul 23, 2010
Dis Guy:

so Mr Tkb what exactly happened to Hitv I know you know something about before

They couldnt get Bank Guarantees for the outstanding 80milla for year 2 and year 3 rights

awon south africans get pepper grin grin grin
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by naso2(m): 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2010
tkb417:

They couldnt get Bank Guarantees for the outstanding 80milla for year 2 and year 3 rights

awon south africans get pepper grin grin grin

U see wetin ur SLS cos? grin grin
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by tkb417(m): 1:31pm On Jul 23, 2010
na_so:

U see wetin your SLS cos? grin grin
i see am o

but how come they didnt apply for this thing early enough?
cos according to the bank, the thing was gonna be ready if they allow for 4 more days

na wa
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2010
tkb417:

i see am o

but how come they didnt apply for this thing early enough?
cos according to the bank, the thing was gonna be ready if they allow for 4 more days

na wa

But I have it on good authority that the bank was going to bleep them up anyway.
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by OLUWASEGUNFUNMITYTYLAELAE: 3:09pm On Jul 23, 2010
no pain, no gain
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria by tkb417(m): 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2010
AjanleKoko:

But I have it on good authority that the bank was going to bleep them up anyway.
why?
The banks MD and Multichoice are at daggersdrawn so i heard

so the MD would ordinarily want the deal to go through?

besides, why would the bank not support one of their good customers?

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Steady Wins Using The Zero Risk Betting System(see Proof) / Man City Banned From UEFA Competitions For 2 Seasons & Fined €30m / Tottenham Sign Ivory Coast Striker Souleymane Coulibaly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.