Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert (44265 Views)

Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert / Danny Welbeck Joins Watford For Free / Danny Welbeck May Not Play Football Again - UK Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by jesutakewe(f): 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2018
Welbeck required lengthy treatment and oxygen on the Emirates pitch after landing awkwardly when he had gone up for a header in the Sporting box.

And he was carried off on a stretcher with his leg heavily strapped before being rushed to hospital to assess the damage properly.

And Wilson, who holds multiple degrees in sports medicine and has worked for three football clubs, provided a devastating verdict on the potential severity of the injury the England international suffered.

"Injury to #Welbeck. Possible fracture dislocation of ankle which could [be] career ending," Wilson wrote on Twitter.

"Structures within the ankle which could [be] injured [are] the medial, lateral, anterior & posterior ligaments, tibia, fibula & talus bones as well as chondral surfaces. Will need [to be] imaged #AFC."

Wilson then went into detail on the specific tests Arsenal doctors will conduct to assess Welbeck’s injury.

"X-ray will [be] used as 1st line of imaging [to] assess integrity of bones: tibia, fibula, talus, calcaneous & other smaller bones in foot especially - 5th [metatarsal]!" Wilson wrote.

"He will also [have an] MRI within next 24-48 hrs [to] assess soft tissue structures such as ligaments muscles tendons & chondral surface."

Wilson added: "High velocity impact and landing from a height - the forces involved can be comparable to a road traffic collision."

Welbeck’s Arsenal team-mates were visibly shaken by seeing the forward in so much agony.

And Unai Emery revealed they were quick to seek out an update on his condition after the full-time whistle.

"When a player has an injury like that the players look and in your mind you feel for the player," Emery said.

"Then the players concentrated on the match and we forgot.

"When we finished the match the first thing was to ask about him."

Welbeck’s injury means he is definitely out of England’s squad to face the USA and Croatia next week.

Arsenal play their final match before the international break when they take on Wolves on Sunday.

Source: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1043032/Danny-Welbeck-Never-Play-Football-Again-Arsenal-Injury

1 Like

Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by bedspread: 1:05pm On Nov 09, 2018
One of The Horrors of Playing Football!!

17 Likes

Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by jesutakewe(f): 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2018
My heart cut sha with the way Guendouzi take put hand for head like say person die.

10 Likes

Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by Differentials1: 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2018
no mind the yeye boy... just make them take say he feel for am
jesutakewe:
My heart cut sha with the way Guendouzi take put hand for head like say person die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by dominique(f): 10:17am On Nov 10, 2018
Poor kid, my least favorite Arsenal striker but I wouldn't want his career to end like this. Get well soon

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by Kennedy94(m): 10:18am On Nov 10, 2018
I wish him quick recovery

4 Likes

Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by kiiingemmy(m): 10:18am On Nov 10, 2018
Radio Personality Moet Abebe Flaunts Here curvy Ass See Here --> https://afribaze.com.ng/videos/moet-abebe-flaunts-her-curvy-ass-v516
Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by Sirheny007(m): 10:18am On Nov 10, 2018
NwaAmaikpe
shocked

He may not be able to play on the field, but Welbeck that I know will play on the bed.
That career of his is far from over.

If Eduardo could play again, Aaron Ramsey could;
Come on you gunners.
Danny will be back!

This is NwaAmaikpe's opinion on this topic.
It is also my opinion.
#COYG

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:18am On Nov 10, 2018
That will be so sad......

We pray he bounce back from this setback sometime....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by kiiingemmy(m): 10:18am On Nov 10, 2018
Gospel Singer, Tope Alabi Reveals Her Parents Wanted Her To Be A Nun

See Here

https://afribaze.com.ng/forum/276-gospel-singer-tope-alabi-reveals-her-parents-wanted-her-to-be-a-nun
Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by bettercreature(m): 10:19am On Nov 10, 2018
Nonsense! He is going to return in few weeks time
You are going to play again even if your leg is cut into 10,if Ramsey could play again then anything is possible

2 Likes

Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by omooba969(m): 10:21am On Nov 10, 2018
But this was on front page yesterday, why push it here again today? undecided

These MoDs sef. cool
Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by Topmaike007(m): 10:23am On Nov 10, 2018
Danny my Man,he will soon come back, black people no dey Sabi pain, remember when I hit my leg hard on Stone in our San siro then in Ile Ife it was as if I don't own my leg again the pain was so much dat my Dad have to tell me he will flog me if I should cry again, three days later I went back there with one leg up to finish the game grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by NigerDeltan(m): 10:23am On Nov 10, 2018
ok
Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by DONADAMS(m): 10:23am On Nov 10, 2018
village people ehn...when e get the injury? sorri..the last time I watched arsenal play was in 2014.
Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by itiswellandwell: 10:24am On Nov 10, 2018
Wish you quick recovery.
Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by Saheed9: 10:24am On Nov 10, 2018
The headline is different from the story.

1 Like

Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by JERRY1925(m): 10:26am On Nov 10, 2018
Sirheny007:

This is NwaAmaikpe's opinion on this topic.
It is also my opinion.
#COYG
I think its a different stuff..both broke their bone..welbeck fractured his ankle.. Its more difficult to heal.

1 Like

Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by Osyxcel(m): 10:35am On Nov 10, 2018
He will play again
Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by Diso60090(m): 10:35am On Nov 10, 2018
bedspread:
One of The Horrors of Playing Football!!

One of the best way to enjoy his save money and have time for his family �� who football � epp? sad

888 bonanza
Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by COOL10(m): 10:36am On Nov 10, 2018
Topmaike007:
Danny my Man,he will soon come back, black people no dey Sabi pain, remember when I hit my leg hard on Stone in our San siro then in Ile Ife it was as if I don't own my leg again the pain was so much dat my Dad have to tell me he will flog me if I should cry again, three days later I went back there with one leg up to finish the game grin

I once scored a free kick with a broken toe during my primary school days grin. No jokes angry cool

3 Likes

Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by Diso60090(m): 10:37am On Nov 10, 2018
Saheed9:
The headline is different from the story.

You nor know road to arsenal make you go ask them for the main head line

4 Likes

Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by Seconsol92(m): 10:37am On Nov 10, 2018
Get well soon danny
Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by Sheunma: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2018
Topmaike007:
San siro for Awo hall , right?

1 Like

Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by Neimar: 10:44am On Nov 10, 2018
I dy play ball with injuries that yr
even if I dy sick I dy play ball
Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by Kalapizim(m): 10:46am On Nov 10, 2018
Sheunma:
San siro for Awo hall , right?
yeah... of the greatest ife ! me sef get injury well for that place. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert by rhektor(m): 10:49am On Nov 10, 2018
The leg was twisted �
Get well soon Danny the Welbiz

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Reacts To Lekki Shootings / Ibrahimovic: I Want 70 Thousand Fans At San Siro, Otherwise I Won't Play! / World Cup: Croatia Vs Denmark - 1 - 1 (3 - 2 Penalties) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.