Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! (4962 Views)

Why Did Nairaland Programming Section Died. / Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 Results / My Advice To Seun On How To Improve Nairaland Programming Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by silento(m): 1:18pm On Nov 21, 2018
21st and no project to do nawa oo
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by afonja112: 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2018
Omo boys don dey para o. I am battling with some serious bugs here ni o. Let me kill the bug finish so that I can come back here and state the quiz. At least you can see from my posts that I am monitoring the threads closely.
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by afonja112: 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2018
I have been thinking about it, I think I will go with this dude's advice. What I am thinking about earlier will not work because we have mixed developers, we need something basic that can be done with desktop programming like C++, and also with web and mobile techs.

Let me go with zerozz suggestion, anyone with a good idea we might explore (for beginners mind you).

zerozz:

I think Contestants should decide what to build, that will encourage creativity. if the sponsors are to decide what to build, it simply means they are the ones building the app because they have the original Idea, the programmers are Just craft men. you get it?
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by silento(m): 8:02pm On Nov 21, 2018
Maybe list of app to choose
Like 3 web app
3 mobile app
And 3 app
Contestants can choose from any of the above
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by dhtml1818: 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2018
I support silento's suggestion.
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by 0r30: 11:29am On Nov 22, 2018
afonja112:
I have been thinking about it, I think I will go with this dude's advice. What I am thinking about earlier will not work because we have mixed developers, we need something basic that can be done with desktop programming like C++, and also with web and mobile techs.

Let me go with zerozz suggestion, anyone with a good idea we might explore (for beginners mind you).

then it floors the aim of the competition. one might suggest a project he/she already worked on or has access to.
finding a beginner project that can both run on web, mobile and PC shouldn't be all that tedious(you just have to do a bit of research).
simple instance, a calculator can be implemented on all platforms (this shouldn't even be considered, lol. 70% of programmers have done this project at beginner level already).
getting every one to work on one project is the key here, that way we all can task ourselves and thus learn from it. sometimes its not just the prize that motivates, but the experience and what to be learnt.
my2cents.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by afonja112: 1:16pm On Nov 22, 2018
So so, what do you suggest? I have been thinking about it too, and cant seem to reach a conclusion.
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by 0r30: 2:03pm On Nov 22, 2018
afonja112:
So so, what do you suggest? I have been thinking about it too, and cant seem to reach a conclusion.

even if i have something to suggest, i am also a contestant. wouldn't be fair.
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by afonja112: 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2018
anyone can suggest, it will help me think. i will decide on what to go with.
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by Chatflick(m): 3:38pm On Nov 22, 2018
Biko I want to register. Ndukwe Web Developer (PHP, AJAX, JQUERY, HTML5, CSS3).
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by Hibrahym: 7:07pm On Nov 22, 2018
afonja112:

C++! you savage! People will just fail on sight haha.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by afonja112: 8:02pm On Nov 22, 2018
hmn
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by SilverG33k(m): 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
Consult the gods.... grin

Me I'm patiently waiting.... Writing java codes here like my life depends on it.... Bring the roof down, let's code wink
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by silento(m): 8:23pm On Nov 22, 2018
Maybe we should code a data collection system like the one stated above
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by afonja112: 8:58pm On Nov 22, 2018
^^^data collection something keh? where was that one stated o?

By the way, registration is now closed o (we don allow one late comer already)

I am thinking of something here that will be more beneficial to the programming community.

How about we do it like this:

We split the competition into three categories:

Cat A - Desktop application ----> here the C++, node webkit, java people can do their thing
Cat B - Mobile application -----> here the flutter, java/android/ios people can do their stuffs
Cat C - Web application ------> area for the gods of web development to show themselves

Anyone of the above contestants can pick ONE category ONLY where they want to show themself.

And the price will now be reviewed to
1ST 30k
2ND 20k
3RD 10k

At least that will spread the chances of people a bit. Now as to the content of the quiz, I will come up with something in my next post.
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by dhtml1818: 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2018
This is looking interesting still, I have a proposition to make here

Cat A - design a desktop application that can be used to access my website

Cat B - design a mobile application (native/hybrid/android/ios) that can be used to access my website

Cat C - design a user interface for my website (plus/minus functionalities) that can be used to improve what we have already

Here is my rewarding system:

[Cat A]
If your desktop application is cool, and I end up using it for my website, then you will have won 50k for yourself in addition to whatever you get for the competition

[Cat B]
If you can come up with a good mobile application that I can actually use for the website, then you will win 50k as well

[Cat C]
If you come up with a cool user-interface that I find useful, you will win 50k as well

It is called a WAGGER. If I can find people in the three categories that impress me, then 3 people are going to be winning 50k each making it a total of 150k that I am willing to give out.
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by afonja112: 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2018
@silver, adonbiliv you are competing, na judge you suppose be o. What kind of troll are you sef?
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by SilverG33k(m): 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2018
afonja112:
@silver, adonbiliv you are competing, na judge you suppose be o. What kind of troll are you sef?

Don't spoil market for me please.... I'm a learner grin
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by SilverG33k(m): 9:38pm On Nov 22, 2018
afonja112:
^^^data collection something keh? where was that one stated o?

By the way, registration is now closed o (we don allow one late comer already)

I am thinking of something here that will be more beneficial to the programming community.

How about we do it like this:

We split the competition into three categories:

Cat A - Desktop application ----> here the C++, node webkit, java people can do their thing
Cat B - Mobile application -----> here the flutter, java/android/ios people can do their stuffs
Cat C - Web application ------> area for the gods of web development to show themselves

Anyone of the above contestants can pick ONE category ONLY where they want to show themself.

And the price will now be reviewed to
1ST 30k
2ND 20k
3RD 10k

At least that will spread the chances of people a bit. Now as to the content of the quiz, I will come up with something in my next post.

Patiently waiting... By the way, are we to follow dhtml or we should wait for your own say.... I need a better understanding
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by Chatflick(m): 9:57pm On Nov 22, 2018
Hehehe! Just in time. Please are we to choose what to develop?
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by SilverG33k(m): 10:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
afonja112:

Sir... We need confirmation oh, are we to start working on what dhtml1818 said?
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by Chatflick(m): 10:25pm On Nov 22, 2018
dhtml1818:
This is looking interesting still, I have a proposition to make here

Cat A - design a desktop application that can be used to access my website

Cat B - design a mobile application (native/hybrid/android/ios) that can be used to access my website

Cat C - design a user interface for my website (plus/minus functionalities) that can be used to improve what we have already

Here is my rewarding system:

[Cat A]
If your desktop application is cool, and I end up using it for my website, then you will have won 50k for yourself in addition to whatever you get for the competition

[Cat B]
If you can come up with a good mobile application that I can actually use for the website, then you will win 50k as well

[Cat C]
If you come up with a cool user-interface that I find useful, you will win 50k as well

It is called a WAGGER. If I can find people in the three categories that impress me, then 3 people are going to be winning 50k each making it a total of 150k that I am willing to give out.

As per the CAT C option, is it just the front-end?
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by afonja112: 10:56pm On Nov 22, 2018
You guys can chose to go with dhtml's offer, here is how that can work.

I am going to award overall 1st with 30k, overall second with 20k, overall 3rd with 10k.

And DHTML is ready to award the best in each of the categories with 50k each.

Are you guys for this? or should be look for another option?

@Chatflick you are welcome, since the competition has not yet been determined, you can still troll in. Are you competiting or acting as a judge?
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by dhtml1818: 11:02pm On Nov 22, 2018
Chatflick:

As per the CAT C option, is it just the front-end?
yeap, something visual, responsive. Just look at the site and see if you can create something more visually cool. It might be home page, it might be blog, forum - just use your creativity.
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by Chatflick(m): 11:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
afonja112:

I am going to award overall 1st with 30k, overall second with 20k, overall 3rd with 10k.

@Chatflick you are welcome, since the competition has not yet been determined, you can still troll in. Are you competiting or acting as a judge?
Nna I'm competing o.
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by Chatflick(m): 11:27pm On Nov 22, 2018
afonja112:

Please let me get this straight, this means we are only working with the categories provided by @dhtml right?
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by afonja112: 11:29pm On Nov 22, 2018
If I can get like 5 votes to support this motion, we go for dhtml's option, otherwise we will have to look for another option.
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by silento(m): 11:39pm On Nov 22, 2018
For cat A biko : dead line coz my free time finish today

And I support his motion
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 22, 2018
since HTML is giving 50k, I support HTML's opinion.
work has started o... pls when is the deadline? and who is the escrew here? I suggest we involve a mod here o
also, where do we upload the apps?
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by Chatflick(m): 11:56pm On Nov 22, 2018
I support dhtml
Re: Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! by SilverG33k(m): 12:22am On Nov 23, 2018
I support dhtml too... Gbam, off to work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Java Vs C++ / How Much Would It Cost To Build A Private Payment Gateway? / How Many Hours Should I Commit In A Day In Order To Learn Javascript In 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.