Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Concerns About Visible Cracks On The Walls - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Concerns About Visible Cracks On The Walls (416 Views)

Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures / Cracks on Building. Types, Causes and How to repair them / The Walls Of My Building Soaks And Painting Peels! What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Concerns About Visible Cracks On The Walls by mosdef1(m): 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2018
Goodday great people,

Please this question is for the structural engineers/builders here:

There are thin visible cracks (fault lines) appearing on the interior walls of a building i manage and it's giving some concern. The building is a 3 storey building and these cracks are occuring in one of the flats on the first floor.
Now i googled "cracks on walls" and got some info about the different types of cracks and how serious they are.
The ones that are visible are springing up
- close to sockets (step like cracks),
- close to the top of the door edge (horizontal)
- there is a vertical line at the edge of the wall (almost not visible)
- then there is this step like crack on a wall in the flat that's starting from the floor, ascending all the way to the ceiling.

Please my question is how can it be remedied. Cause from what i researched, i read it could structural. I also read that some of the cracks are not really serious, they only need to be scrapped and replastered then repainted.

Your candid professional advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Newly Built 2 & 3 Bedroom Flat At Peace Estate, Sholuyi Gbagada, Lagos / Please Where Can I Get This Type Arm Chairs / Uncompleted 3 Bedroom Built On A Plot Of Land At Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.