Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. (23498 Views)

Google Celebrates Amaka Igwe With Doodle (Photos) / Christy-essien Igbokwe: Remembering "Nigeria's Lady Of Songs" (1960 -2011) / Michael Essien Dated Princess Shyngle Who 99.9% Of Men Couldn't Satisfy Sexually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by GentleMoney: 7:18am On Nov 11, 2018
Google Celebrates Late Nigerian Music Icon, Christy Essien-Igbokwe..

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by ican2020: 7:25am On Nov 11, 2018
good one

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Switruth: 7:26am On Nov 11, 2018
Be a hero in Nigeria and die for nothing. Imagine google and we all have forgotten so soon. Good one google.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by YorubaAssasin: 7:40am On Nov 11, 2018
A great Akwa-Ibom lady that recognized the beauty and greatness of the Almighty Yoruba culture and language. cool

And y'all still wondering why the Yoruba language is informally the 'official' language of Nigeria? Go figure.

R.I.P ma'am... God bless the Yoruba pple! cool

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by naptu2: 7:40am On Nov 11, 2018
Christy Essien Igbokwe - Ka Anyi Gba Egwu (1981).

www.360nobs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Christie-Essien-Igbokwe-Ka-Anyi-Gba-Egwu.mp3

From my playlist

1) Teta Nu Na Ula (1986)

2) Ka Anyi Gba Egwu (1981)

3) Seun Rere (1981)

4) Iya Mi Ranti (1986)

5) Hear The Call (1990).

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by psychologist(m): 7:41am On Nov 11, 2018
Good one

However I celebrate buhari and Nigeria government

20 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Josh2x: 7:41am On Nov 11, 2018
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by awesomet1(m): 7:41am On Nov 11, 2018
Thank you, Google!

A Nigerian truly worthy of recognition.

10 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Zanotee: 7:42am On Nov 11, 2018
Great melody from our good old days...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by carrascocity(f): 7:42am On Nov 11, 2018
ok noted
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by frozen70(f): 7:42am On Nov 11, 2018
What ever you do put in more efforts to be successful in your own way

She is one of the calabar women that stand out in achieving greatness in Nigeria

Her songs were fantastic

6 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Imortal001: 7:42am On Nov 11, 2018
Nice feelings!
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Thatitan234(m): 7:43am On Nov 11, 2018
Her songs live on.

She's from Akwaibom, yet sang one of her best songs in yoruba language (Omo mi seun rere)

That's a testament to the great things we can achieve as ONE,
Good things happened before this norm of division and tribal sentiments.

The competition, rivalry and hatred between ethnic groups need to stop.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Bawizzo(m): 7:43am On Nov 11, 2018
Last night when i typed google.com, and dix face appeared, I thought maybe it was Maggi advert

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by qanda: 7:43am On Nov 11, 2018
Nice
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Omololu001: 7:44am On Nov 11, 2018
Switruth:
Be a hero in Nigeria and die for nothing. Imagine google and we all have forgotten so soon. Good one google.
I didn't forget.

I still listen to some f her songs

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by kamikaze199044: 7:44am On Nov 11, 2018
Hmm
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by fiftynaira(m): 7:44am On Nov 11, 2018
When you die, what will you be remembered for?

Show some love today!!!

Be kind

3 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Nlolodo: 7:45am On Nov 11, 2018
Ok
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by phoenix45(m): 7:46am On Nov 11, 2018
Igbos wey no send their late music icons. No shame. its unfortunate the day I heard this lady song is the day she died. Continue to rest in peace mummy Christy essien

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by zolajpower: 7:49am On Nov 11, 2018
Wow! This is remarkable.......her family will feel honored we concern Nigerians too are honored Google. A woman who has left an indelible mark on the sands of time . At a time dolly Parton's manager managed her .

Live on aunty Christy ,rest on ma. May your gentle soul continue to rest on

3 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by TRUSTEDGUY: 7:49am On Nov 11, 2018
The stupid country NP even know their true heroes. That woman is a legend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by fashrola(m): 7:49am On Nov 11, 2018
phoenix45:
Igbos wey no send their late music icons.
No shame.
its unfortunate the day I heard this lady song is the day she died.
Continue to rest in peace mummy Christy essien

She's not an igbo woman, rather an indigene of Akwa Ibom

8 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by highchief3(m): 7:50am On Nov 11, 2018
phoenix45:
Igbos wey no send their late music icons.
No shame.
its unfortunate the day I heard this lady song is the day she died.
Continue to rest in peace mummy Christy essien
what is this suppose to mean?

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 11, 2018
"Ever. Liked My Person" was lit.

Indomie kids go rush go google now. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Maghan37: 7:53am On Nov 11, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
A great Akwa-Ibom lady that recognized the beauty and greatness of the Almighty Yoruba culture and language. cool

And y'all still wondering why the Yoruba language is informally the 'official' language of Nigeria? Go figure.

Nice one but I hate to break it to you. Hausa is more of the official lang

4 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Maghan37: 7:55am On Nov 11, 2018
psychologist:
Good one
However I celebrate buhari and Nigeria government
grin
Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 11, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

Tribal bigot! Do you know she was married to an Igbo man?

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:55am On Nov 11, 2018
I grew up thinking this lady was Igbo..probably because I was listening to 'tetanula' as a kid.

3 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Christy Essien-igbokwe.. by nymphomaniac(m): 7:55am On Nov 11, 2018
Google well done for remembering our heroes we in Nigeria forget

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Miracle Ikechukwu Igbokwe Enrols In Epic Flight Academy, Florida / Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 / FAAN Reacts To Aremu Afolayan’s Viral Airport Outburst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.