Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test (20783 Views)

Yahoo To Layoff Its Workforce / COVID-19: 20% Of Full-time Nigerian Workforce Lost Employment In 2020— UNDP/NBS / Chevron Nigeria To Sack 25% Of Workforce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by objobj: 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2018
*Oil production, fuel supply, others threatened as unions kick

No fewer than 500 employees are about to be dropped from the payroll of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for reportedly failing to scale through a mandatory personnel assessment and promotion examinations the corporation recently conducted, THISDAY has gathered. Very reliable sources within the state oil company said the issue was already causing disquiet in the corporation. They said this could lead to disruption of NNPC operations following threats by workers’ unions to resist the alleged sack of the 500 workers.

From reports, NNPC has since October 2017 remained the sole importer and supplier of refined petroleum products in Nigeria, especially petrol which independent petroleum marketers have stayed away from importing on account of unfavourable pricing. On the other hand, Nigeria’s oil production has continued to improve from a 2016 production disruption caused by militancy in the Niger Delta.

Sources close to the development told THISDAY that trouble started when the corporation conducted the promotional examinations and about 500 of its staff could not pass it. The 500 are reportedly not part of the workers’ unions – the Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) and Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN). They were subsequently issued notices of disengagement, but their issue has since been taken up by the two unions, which sources stated have now pledged to resist the sack even though it means shutting down the operations of the NNPC.

A source who pleaded not be named said, “Some staff wrote promotion exams to move places, as it is the case. They are Chief Officers and Deputy General Managers who are in M5 and M6 cadre. Some didn’t pass for the first time and about 500 were asked to leave, and papers in this regard were served them.

“Right now, there is a lot of tension because that category of people affected are not part of workers’ union.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/11/11/nnpc-drops-500-from-its-workforce-for-failing-promotion-test/%3famp

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by cooldipo(m): 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2018
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2018
Weeding out Southerners i guess undecided

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by oyebanji44: 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
Fake certificate many for there

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by Nbote(m): 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2018
Dat one na their problem... How will dey pass ordinary promotion tests wen dey were all employed thru d back door... We all know NNPC and CBN recruitments are reserved for children and relatives of d political class and their partners in affluence most of which didn't follow due process...

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by oyebanji44: 5:43pm On Nov 11, 2018
Nbote:
Dat one na their problem... How will dey pass ordinary promotion tests wen dey were all employed thru d back door
correct

12 Likes

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2018
Have they started replacement?

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by Amaragold(f): 7:17pm On Nov 11, 2018
Tosinayoko:
Have they started replacement?
hahaha....no chills at all smiley smiley smiley

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by Kenekingisback: 7:52pm On Nov 11, 2018
To be replaced by APC chieftains from Tinubu down angry

1 Like

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
Buhari is working!

I don't know why tax payers money is wasted on Ngige!

Has he made any provision for any job

If he has please feel free to share!

If you mention N-power na rock I go take scatter your head!

11 Likes

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by rottable(m): 8:57pm On Nov 11, 2018
the place for them, the labour market don full
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by madri4u: 9:50pm On Nov 11, 2018
No wonder NNPC decided to cancel the 2014 recrutiment excercise after philip consulting has invited successful applicant for interview. As buhari, recruiment die.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by Nobody: 1:43am On Nov 12, 2018
Na dem dem
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by googlepikins: 8:38am On Nov 12, 2018
I hope its the Aboki ones
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by Ruddyman(m): 8:39am On Nov 12, 2018
And who are THESE 500?
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by CodeTemplar: 8:39am On Nov 12, 2018
Hmmm . . . I hope this isn't targeted at southerners because the amount of donations NNPC has been making towards the north and projects being done for the north is simply mind boggling.
Abuja-Kaduna-Kano pipeline and power plants projects are on-going under NNPC while Fashola, the real power minister has been demoted to a pothole inspector.

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by profland: 8:40am On Nov 12, 2018
not understood
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by obonujoker(m): 8:40am On Nov 12, 2018
I guess its those who entered through Quota system.... NNPC that's supposed to be for our teeming Engineering graduates, turned to a joke...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 12, 2018
AGNESikpuNNU:
I swear

1 Like

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 12, 2018
I'm very sure 89% of the people turned down are southerners with majority been south south..

Just like they stole all oil wells in the south and Buhari government drove all southerners from federal position..

I wonder if the north would allow Nigeria be one if the oil was found there..

Useless parasitic region, I hope you'll get nuke someday

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:41am On Nov 12, 2018
Fulani agenda loading...!
Making NNPC a preserved for HausaFulanis Emirs, politicians, imams and select few kids of useful Afonja slaves down South!

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by AfriSurvey: 8:41am On Nov 12, 2018
Hmmm
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by Athena4: 8:41am On Nov 12, 2018
Oh dear.This is sad
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by kunlejide: 8:41am On Nov 12, 2018
chai,nigeriam workers sef..kilode see number...

THIS POWERFUL TRAINING DELIVERS BASIC AND ADVANCED PRACTICAL GRAPHICS DESIGN YOU NEED TO KNOW IN 3 WEEKS

Organizations and business owners hire digital design professionals—in part, for their creative talents; but ultimately—to solve problems. So what principles, processes, and tools should you have in your creative, visual problem-solving toolkit? In this intensive training program, we will practically train you how to communicate a story through GRAPHICS DESIGN – NO BULLSHITS. ALL PRACTICAL!

You will learn to use industry standard tools to create digital contents that resonate with the audience.

FEES: N25,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N30,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: TUESDAY 20TH OF NOVEMBER, 2018

VENUE: IKEJA, LAGOS

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

ITEM 7: Daily Lunch meal of real Nigerian dishes for participants – CONFIRMED!

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: At the end of this training, we guarantee that you would be able to design GRAPHICS!
We even offer the first training day FREE for those interested to come and taste the awesome practical GRAPHICS DESIGN training we offer. But if after the one day free training you would like to commence the full training, you will be paying the full payment of N30,000!
THIS IS A GUARANTEE AT THE END OF THE TRAINING

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by Benekruku(m): 8:42am On Nov 12, 2018
AGNESikpuNNU:

Is your cunt itching you?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by carrascocity(f): 8:42am On Nov 12, 2018
Nigerian promotion is all aboutconnections
Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by davillian(m): 8:43am On Nov 12, 2018
I'm sure all those olodo Hausa boys names won't be there.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test by Rexnegro(m): 8:43am On Nov 12, 2018
please do nnpc pay salary using minimum wage?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bank Employees Got Pay Increase After Subsidy Removal – KPMG / My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) / Taiwo Abiri, Who Learned How To Repair Cars By Watching Youtube Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.