Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Remember My "Ali Express Xiaomi Phone Purchase Problem?", Its Now Solved.See How - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Remember My "Ali Express Xiaomi Phone Purchase Problem?", Its Now Solved.See How (1443 Views)

My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam / New Phone Purchase With 50k Budget / Phone Purchase Recommendation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remember My "Ali Express Xiaomi Phone Purchase Problem?", Its Now Solved.See How by Dapson932(m): 3:52am On Nov 12, 2018
Morning again guys, i decided to open this thread cause i know its going to be useful for many of us. I started a thread yesterday morning about how I am facing difficulty paying for a xiaomi phone (Redmin note 5 64gb 4gb Ram) of about $163 with my Naira MasterCard (GTbank). Now, to solve this problem if it arises during your transactions, just don't use the app to pay for it, find a browser and log in your account there because the bank want to subject you to receive OTP because of the amount involved i guess, cause i have "NEVER" received OTP throughout all my transactions on Ali Express. The Ali Express app will only redirect you to a browser-like page displaying a link related to the bank card you are using, and also with reasons why the transaction didn't go through i.e data connection, blah blah bleh. Simply log in to a browser, and try paying through that. There, its going to bring your bank OTP page to continue with the transaction, and your "BIG" issue is solved.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remember My "Ali Express Xiaomi Phone Purchase Problem?", Its Now Solved.See How by Ola17: 4:27am On Nov 12, 2018
Dapson932:
Morning again guys, i decided to open this thread cause i know its going to be useful for many of us. I started a thread yesterday morning about how I am facing difficulty paying for a xiaomi phone (Redmin note 5 64gb 4gb Ram) of about $163 with my Naira MasterCard (GTbank). Now, to solve this problem if it arises during your transactions, just don't use the app to pay for it, find a browser and log in your account there because the bank want to subject you to receive OTP because of the amount involved i guess, cause i have "NEVER" received OTP throughout all my transactions on Ali Express. The Ali Express app will only redirect you to a browser-like page displaying a link related to the bank card you are using, and also with reasons why the transaction didn't go through i.e data connection, blah blah bleh. Simply log in to a browser, and try paying through that. There, its going to bring your bank OTP page to continue with the transaction, and your "BIG" issue is solved.

Please how secure is this mode of payment?
Re: Remember My "Ali Express Xiaomi Phone Purchase Problem?", Its Now Solved.See How by Dapson932(m): 6:06am On Nov 12, 2018
Ola17:

Please how secure is this mode of payment?

It's really secure though. No worries about that
Re: Remember My "Ali Express Xiaomi Phone Purchase Problem?", Its Now Solved.See How by GraGra247(m): 9:40am On Nov 12, 2018
Dapson932:

It's really secure though. No worries about that

Bra, not all browsers are secure?
Re: Remember My "Ali Express Xiaomi Phone Purchase Problem?", Its Now Solved.See How by generalissimo(m): 9:51am On Nov 12, 2018
Dapson932:
Please, I have 2 questions : (1) Did you use GTB naira or domiciliary account for the payment? (2) If you used naira account for the payment, how much did GTB sell the $163 for you (exchange rate) (3) How long before your order arrives Nigeria?
Re: Remember My "Ali Express Xiaomi Phone Purchase Problem?", Its Now Solved.See How by orbgoblin: 3:57pm On Nov 12, 2018
OTP for online purchase of over a $100 dollars. that's the kind of security I want. good one from gtbank.
Re: Remember My "Ali Express Xiaomi Phone Purchase Problem?", Its Now Solved.See How by Dapson932(m): 4:22pm On Nov 12, 2018
generalissimo:
Please, I have 2 questions : (1) Did you use GTB naira or domiciliary account for the payment? (2) If you used naira account for the payment, how much did GTB sell the $163 for you (exchange rate) (3) How long before your order arrives Nigeria?

1. I used my naira GTB mastercard.
2. 361 naira. It depends on the Naira equivalence to dollar at the moment. Search Naira to dollar on google for that.
3. 2-4 weeks max
Re: Remember My "Ali Express Xiaomi Phone Purchase Problem?", Its Now Solved.See How by Yoshy: 10:34pm On Nov 12, 2018
I made a very huge payment in USD, dorm account, GTB charged me nothing
Re: Remember My "Ali Express Xiaomi Phone Purchase Problem?", Its Now Solved.See How by bigtt76(f): 7:17am On Nov 13, 2018
That's a MasterCard 3DSecure feature to protect you the buyer's card from fraudulent transactions. Good to know GTBank issued MasterCard now supports it smiley

Dapson932:

(1) (Reply)

Iphone XR 256gb Vs Iphone XS Max 512gb / In Need Of An Iphone 6 Urgently Budget Is 28k / Redmi Note 8 Pro Twilight Orange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.