Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Nurses Forum - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nurses Forum (10627 Views)

Nurses Forum: Let's Meet Here / How Much Do Nurses Earn In Nigeria? / Are Nurses Promiscuous/Flirty? Is It A Myth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nurses Forum by ojubi(m): 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2010
Do we have nurses in the house? what is happening, please share your experiences with us here. where are you working how is the pay like, what advice do u have for your professional colleagues.
Re: Nurses Forum by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 23, 2010
I'm still a pre-Nursing major but I, too, am interested smiley
Re: Nurses Forum by Ziggyjoel(f): 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2010
I LIKE NuRSES! grin shocked

Re: Nurses Forum by ice234: 3:27am On Jul 26, 2010
love nurses

1 Like

Re: Nurses Forum by naijacann: 11:21pm On Jul 26, 2010
Here in Toronto (Canada), its 30 dollars/hr for a fresh graduate. I make a little above that.
In Manitoba, it is like 29 dollars for fresh RN
In Alberta, 33 dollars plus extra 5-7 dollars per hour if u agree to work weekends or evenings or night shifts.
But if u agree to go up North to Nunavut or Yukon, their pay is the highest. Remember it is so cold there that nobody wanna go there.
Nunavut for instance pays an average of 150 thousand dollars(est. 22million naira) /year to a nurse. You could double that if u do 2 jobs.
Re: Nurses Forum by efoghorjos: 1:07am On Jul 27, 2010
I think nurses are really funny; they like to play a second fiddle and end up complaining about being marginalized by doctors. I am a registered nurse with over 15 years practical experience; so I know what am talking about.

I set up a website for nurses (http://www.africannursesforum.com) and went about announcing it to all my friends before it was launched; I even opened a page on facebook. But only few nurses saw the need to interact. Today, other people are taking advantage of the forum to advertise their businesses while the nurses remain incommunicado.

I would be glad if those of you here could help to make that forum interactive so we have new hope for the African nurse once again.
http://www.africannursesforum.com
Re: Nurses Forum by Nobody: 2:30am On Jul 27, 2010
I won't be complaining grin

My goal is to become a nurse anesthetist. I'll have a look at your site.
Re: Nurses Forum by bintab(f): 9:27am On Jul 31, 2010
efoghorjos:

I think nurses are really funny; they like to play a second fiddle and end up complaining about being marginalized by doctors. I am a registered nurse with over 15 years practical experience; so I know what am talking about.

I set up a website for nurses (http://www.africannursesforum.com) and went about announcing it to all my friends before it was launched; I even opened a page on facebook. But only few nurses saw the need to interact. Today, other people are taking advantage of the forum to advertise their businesses while the nurses remain incommunicado.

I would be glad if those of you here could help to make that forum interactive so we have new hope for the African nurse once again.
http://www.africannursesforum.com
I THINK YOU ARE ONE OF THE FUNNY  NURSES,Just got tru your website but cant see anything readable or excting. Back to the topic, i am a nurse practitioner working with the state of Virginia. Love my job the pay is good an average registered nurse makes  average of $32.00 dollar per hour in my state. i  am on salary and flex pay depending if i am wprking on calls.i work precisely for U.S  Navy.

1 Like

Re: Nurses Forum by ojubi(m): 10:41pm On Jul 31, 2010
I m a general nurse in Nigeria, i left private practice in January 2009 to join a multinational on contract bases. At the moment i make up 5 million naira a year (and i invest my savings in real estate). This is because i m yet to be converted from contract to full staff. I ve to work for a few years to achieve that. if i finally become a staff i could make close to 20 million naira per year. But my family and some of my friends think i should leave my oil job for the united states if i wish to ve a fulfilling career. Please those of you abroad what do u think? Advice me please. thank you.
Re: Nurses Forum by Nobody: 2:26am On Aug 01, 2010
You'll make way more just as a nurse out here in California. My mom's a nurse and she's making $96,000 at one of her jobs, which is close to N9.6 million.

HOWEVER, I would advise you not to come here and become a nurse. I say this because they will probably disregard any experience you have in Nigeria. My aunt just moved from the UK. She was a biochemist for 20 years and cannot find work here because they don't count her work in the UK. I'll ask her for specifics the next time I see her. She's currently working as a Certified Nurse Assistant here in California. They don't make much AT ALL compared to what she used to do sad
Re: Nurses Forum by megastu(m): 1:48pm On Aug 20, 2010
how about one who has a degree in microbiology, but is not working in that field due to the low pay in Nigeria. She wants to study nursing so as to work in Canada or the United States, how does one go about it? I will like advice.
Re: Nurses Forum by nickie2002: 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2010
Nursing in the US can be exciting and very rewarding! i love my job1 i work in ICU and just love it.There are a few challenges but if you know your stuff, you can pretty much enjoy it and even the docs would respect you when they do their rounds. If you want to do nursing over here in the US, it's so easy if you have a first degree already. For you that has a degree in microbiology, all you need to do is apply to the school of your choice ( they call it accelerated program) and it takes a whole year for you to be a BSN nurse (Bsc nursing). Otherwise, you can do the prerequisites of the school and and either enter as a fresh student or 2yr associate degree nursing programme. But b/4 any of these, you need to get your visa first, otherwise, even if the schools grants you admission(they like to do that because international students pay them huge amt of money), you aint going anyway.

And by the way,for those of you who are already nurses, and  you are coming in as a nurse,doctor ect, forget it 'cos immigration is not giving you any visa! You have to come in as studying something else, Unfortunate but that's the truth, not to discourage anyone but Just FYI. When you come over , then you can change to your desired career of choice,

1 Like

Re: Nurses Forum by lovemoi2(f): 1:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
bookmarking this topic..... i want to learn more
Re: Nurses Forum by AngieAngie: 5:53am On Oct 12, 2014
Great nurses!
I am a RN nurse and even av RM cert wit 3yes expr at FMC. I wish to work in Canada. How do I start d process pls?
Re: Nurses Forum by born2lead01: 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
@Op, seems you are no longer updating your website. I created http://Nursesarena.com last year to serve as a forum for all African nurses and the response from nurses has been encouraging. You really need to work on hard as something good doesn't come that easy. You can pm me if you need advice on how to resurrect your site
Re: Nurses Forum by kessel: 10:23am On Jan 16, 2016
bintab:
I THINK YOU ARE ONE OF THE FUNNY  NURSES,Just got tru your website but cant see anything readable or excting. Back to the topic, i am a nurse practitioner working with the state of Virginia. Love my job the pay is good an average registered nurse makes  average of $32.00 dollar per hour in my state. i  am on salary and flex pay depending if i am wprking on calls.i work precisely for U.S  Navy.
You are soaring high bro. Enjoy. Please me too want to practice in US oo, how do I cross over. I can't go and write Nclex nd wait for His knows how long. Help a brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nurses Forum by oguguo11: 2:08am On May 19, 2017
bintab:
hi I wnt mind u mentoring me
Re: Nurses Forum by Omotayhur: 9:18pm On Mar 27, 2018
Re: Nurses Forum by anuliamara(f): 2:47am On Jun 28, 2019
Good day,..How can I get nursing admission in US?
Please help me
nickie2002:
Nursing in the US can be exciting and very rewarding! i love my job1 i work in ICU and just love it.There are a few challenges but if you know your stuff, you can pretty much enjoy it and even the docs would respect you when they do their rounds. If you want to do nursing over here in the US, it's so easy if you have a first degree already. For you that has a degree in microbiology, all you need to do is apply to the school of your choice ( they call it accelerated program) and it takes a whole year for you to be a BSN nurse (Bsc nursing). Otherwise, you can do the prerequisites of the school and and either enter as a fresh student or 2yr associate degree nursing programme. But b/4 any of these, you need to get your visa first, otherwise, even if the schools grants you admission(they like to do that because international students pay them huge amt of money), you aint going anyway.

And by the way,for those of you who are already nurses, and  you are coming in as a nurse,doctor ect, forget it 'cos immigration is not giving you any visa! You have to come in as studying something else, Unfortunate but that's the truth, not to discourage anyone but Just FYI. When you come over , then you can change to your desired career of choice,
Re: Nurses Forum by Vivicar: 11:11pm On Jul 23, 2019
I wish we can get more inputs in here this window has been inactive for a while.
Re: Nurses Forum by Emmitex(m): 12:17pm On Jul 24, 2019
Have you considered doing your nursing studies in Ireland?
Ireland is one of the best country worldwide for education at all levels and has the best post study work visa options in Europe.
Ireland is the only English speaking country in the Euro zone aside the UK and also has many other unique opportunities and benefits.

anuliamara:
Good day,..How can I get nursing admission in US?
Please help me
Re: Nurses Forum by Phenomenal16(f): 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2019
Vivicar:
I wish we can get more inputs in here this window has been inactive for a while.
...my dear... This thread have been long abandoned
Re: Nurses Forum by Shidaota1: 3:45am On Oct 25, 2019
Hi,
Please I'm a fresh BSC holder in Nigeria, but would love to become an LPN in Canada.
Please how do I go about this, and which schools are advisable to apply as an international student.
Thank you

Phenomenal16:
...my dear... This thread have been long abandoned

(1) (Reply)

I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next / Student Raps Resume At Career Fair (video) / Computer Forensics In Nigeria - Is It Recognized?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.